Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Rudo - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Is this our players' larger vessels?

We'd appreciate being told more about this so we can sort it out.

Really not as bad as I made it sound.

The BAF-Elizabeth.Jones made a point to take a run at me (Line 1: "Molly sighted" Line 2: "pursuing") and ordered me out of the system when I didn't stand still and let it get in weapons range. Not much talk involved. I'd logged on the Molly and proceeded to put on a show of mowing down KNF NPCs to give the BAF players on at the time something to do and talk to. There are points where there are a good 3-4 online with little opposition, which is why the character (Sentimental.Johnny) was created in the first place.

Everytime I'd stop to type, that thing would take another run at me.

I don't expect a Molly (particularly a relatively unknown, unfactioned Molly) to be invited in for tea if he shows his face in Leeds, but a member of the admirality can stand to be a bit more talkative.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

Was it 'BAF-' tagged or 'BAF|'?

BAF| are ours.

Never mind in that case.

That generates a bit of confusion, wouldn't you say?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - MarvinCZ - 03-25-2009

The Elizabeth Jones is an indy Battleship. The commander is a decent chap, I'm sure he'll understand when he gets the situation explained.

I wasn't mowed down in any case, and I've experienced far worse than that from caps in a fighter.

Guess I was just expecting more than the cut and dried "Leave or die" spiel.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - mjolnir - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:I'm certainly happy for KNF to blow up traders and whatnots, but now that I know more about various Kusari groups, I think it should be KNF (or Samura) ships doing this, as opposed to nationalist xenophobes.

Our ID doesn't allow us to do it.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Our ID doesn't allow us to do it.

Well, it should, in my opinion.

For the record, my trader is Blockade.Runner|Bowex

Consider this post a license to shoot it in Leeds and the Taus.

I kept looking at that ship and wanting to give it a little chase on my Molly last night.

Sadly I had too much to do running my faction. I'll involve my unfactioned characters more once the Congress is completely up to speed on 4.85.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Tidomann - 03-25-2009

Quote:And I wasn't flaming. It was tildomann throwing the bad language around.

It's a little annoying after 4 pages of countless people trying to argue the same point over and over when you don't seem to draw any information from our efforts in order to explain things to you.

The KNF don't blow up traders and foreigners all day, because they are a police and military faction. They are bound by red tape, beuocracy, and all that fun. The AFA and Hogosha on the other hand do the dirty work. We don't do it for the KNF we arn't "Defending Kusari" we are simply protecting our interest. Hogosha have a foothold on the contraband ring in Kusari- be it artifacts primarily, light arms, or synth marj from the gaians. We don't want foreign smuggling competitors which is why we usually stop them in Kusari. We have bribed and corrupted Samura, the KNF, and the government, we even supposedly have government officials in Kusari vying for political power.

So the black dragons, being the "Elite" syndicate members who perform political terrorism and assination, composed of many Ex-KNF members, government officials, and plenty of people who control the Kusari underworld are damn well sure we don't want the KNF to lose the war. We want to protect our house from any kind of change, especially change from foreign houses. It's because of this we act as "shock troops" disrupting the supply lines of Bretonia. Our faction rarely pirates Inside Kusari. Heck, we rarely pirate at all as we do maintain an image as the "guardians of Kusari." If I do pirate it's always in Bretonia.

Needless to say, when I do do this, BAF are easily quick to respond. They definately do a good job of that- And I usually run when they come on radar. But I have had some good battles with the BAF.

But I don't really understand your stance on the AFA or Hogosha joining the KNF. Is this because they participate in battles against the Bretonia forces? The only times (except one) that I was at stokes, fighting with KNF was because I was returning from a trip to the gaian bases, or "privateering"/pirating/taking donations for the "Relief of Kusari Citizens." We have on occassion helped them during organised events mainly because of sake of numbers to make the event more interesting.

I can see your point if the AFA/Hogosha blatantly come out to stokes to fight alongside the KNF- But stokes is mainly consolidated towards Samura. AFA are their hired thugs, and yes- mainly the KNF should be protecting the station- be it from other smugglers and the BAF. But- I don't see why the AFA cannot be in leeds doing the less than legal methods of securing samura's station whether from direct attack, or from foreign competitors.

Edit: bluntpencil if you wish to continue this, we can do it off forums instead of turning this into another AFA feedback thread

But I'd like to say the BAF have some impressive insults, and some impressive pilots. Albeit- that can be frustrating on the opposing side, it's all in good fun. They do their jobs and they do them well:)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dieter Schprokets - 03-25-2009

Quote:
' Wrote:I'm certainly happy for KNF to blow up traders and whatnots, but now that I know more about various Kusari groups, I think it should be KNF (or Samura) ships doing this, as opposed to nationalist xenophobes.

Our ID doesn't allow us to do it.

I am at work and cannot check ID verbage itself, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that a KNF in a GB or lesser size could in fact kill a Bretonian trader, (BMM or Bowex etc) with just an engagement notice, due to the war.

I don't even think they would have to demand cargo.

Or am I missing something?