Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Tidomann - 03-25-2009

Quote: * Can destroy traders in Kusari who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Kusari is at war with if the trader refuses to drop all cargo and leave Kusari.

Unless stokes and the Tau's are now considered Kusari.. It should really be refuses to drop all cargo and leave their ZOI.

I think he was referring to non-Bretonian faction players. Independant Traders and smugglers or other foreign corperations to bretonia (liberty and rheiland). That it should be the KNF tasked with dealing with Bretonia's supply lines.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - mwerte - 03-25-2009

Locked until I can backread this in peace and determine what needs to be done

ok, you bloody lot. This is the second time I've had to come in here, lock this thread, and clean it, because of the same people. this stays locked until I'm convinced otherwise.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=435592

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - mwerte - 03-26-2009

This stays back until I get a PM from the instigating and flamethrowing members that have made me lock this thread twice. You know who you are, I expect a PM from each and every one of you apologizing and promising to never do it again.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - casero - 05-25-2009

To the officer trainner: @Markam?
Subject: Heavy dodging

From the recent fight near the Derby.

-For big battles, sure it keeps the enemy busy with 1 target.
-For outnumbered fights, what else can you do?
-For Highnumbered fights, you shouldn't do it, it's more than annoying when you are fighting against 3 and the one that you're shooting flyes in circles.
-For 1 on 1, could be annoying, but sure, do it.

I understand it's a tactic, but there are battles and battles, doing it every single time no matter of the background or the numbers in that fight? That's annoying.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Markam - 05-25-2009

I advise it because most inexperienced fighters will be struggling in battle, and getting themselves killed is not something I'd want them to do, I assume you mean 3-1? well meh, if i were you i'd not fight against 3 people alone.

Anyway, a lot of the ships we fight can be difficult to match with a razor, you lose shields and you dont want to run at him again when you know he's probably going to razor you again without much trouble, the chimaera and the greyhound (for example) have quite small models but both have large powerplants that have no issue with razoring over and over, the Templar is a fleet fighter, its hard to hit outside of joust, but its razor is in a unique position to hit people without being in joust with them, coupled with good guns with the same core as the greyhound.

I guess I can feel that fighting against the templar group fighting style is annoying, but its our balance against fighting against our foes annoying style, those tiny ships.

(pretty much everything ive said has been stated by mjolnir in the paladin balance thread)

Is there anything else you've got to say about us in combat? some people say we spam missiles, I personally use paralyzers mostly (which im under the impression is not missilewhoring), and I say that 2missiles is in the minority, and not encouraged, though not against faction rules.

Thanks.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - swift - 05-25-2009

Personally, I've had that same thing against you on various chars. But it's not really the BAF's fault, it's just something most of the server does.

As casero said, I don't really mind dodging like heck when there's the need, but when someone's outnumbered, using such tactics against him is a bit uncalled for.
You know you've probably gotten annoyed by the same thing at some point.
It's no big deal though, not some great sin you've done.

I don't go alone against 3 xD
But sometimes that happens. Also, I didn't mean that it's wrong to avoid a razor, I know it hurts and it has a quick refire.

For the missile thing, no, you're not missile spammers, or at least not the one I have met. I've not seen you using more than 1 missile, last night I got somekind of missile spammer, but at that moment the fight was 4 (you) vs 2 (us) and unfourtanely I was the target and they had one missile each, and even then (I can't be sure due to NPC spamming missiles), I guess they didn't shoot more than 1 missile (each) when my shield was down.

Quote:I advise it because most inexperienced fighters will be struggling in battle, and getting themselves killed is not something I'd want them to do

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Markam - 05-25-2009

Well, if you meant that people were dodging even with shield against only 1 opponant, then yeah, i do agree that is a bit much, if you've got a shield you aught to be contributing to the fight. The templar can take a few bumps, too.

Also maybe my advice is a bit dated, I'm from the good old days when even a single mine meant your death, though hey, mines still hurt a lot these days, if coupled with a razor and double missile, no ship can live through that.

Gotta still be careful unfortunately I guess.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Wolfs Ghost - 05-25-2009

' Wrote:I don't go alone against 3 xD
But sometimes that happens. Also, I didn't mean that it's wrong to avoid a razor, I know it hurts and it has a quick refire.

For the missile thing, no, you're not missile spammers, or at least not the one I have met. I've not seen you using more than 1 missile, last night I got somekind of missile spammer, but at that moment the fight was 4 (you) vs 2 (us) and unfourtanely I was the target and they had one missile each, and even then (I can't be sure due to NPC spamming missiles), I guess they didn't shoot more than 1 missile (each) when my shield was down.

Would like to point out. BTA are not BAF.

I know that Goodmen, also it was a good point to say, not bad:P

Also, I gave you Kudos last night.