Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Patrician - 01-09-2010

All the times Ive dealt with you guys on my Mandalorian has been good. Everyone can at least RP adequately and some do an outstanding job. Ive also seen multiple examples of you holding off forces to keep it fair, which is always nice to see. The few times Ive interacted on my Outcast the reception was somewhat cooler but still good. You guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Grimly - 01-09-2010

Kudos to the 3 pilots they defended New London today.
As usual it came to a dogfight, just it's the first time I made it with my corsair:)
One of your pilots had to use his ejection pod. We ran from the others.

Finally it seems we don't have to prepare our legates to burn Bretonia:D

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Zig - 01-09-2010

I like you guys very much indeed when I do interact with you. You almost always roleplay, and some of you roleplay extremely well and interestingly; it's always a pleasure, really, being in Bretonia.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dab - 01-09-2010

' Wrote:Kudos to the 3 pilots they defended New London today.
As usual it came to a dogfight, just it's the first time I made it with my corsair:)
One of your pilots had to use his ejection pod. We ran from the others.

Finally it seems we don't have to prepare our legates to burn Bretonia:D
I ran out of TCDs making Karolis eat nuke mines.. Again, and again, and again. (I'm amazed the guns were still on really..) That's why you got away so easily. >.<

Also.. Tell Karolis not to use that Gladiator. He's just not suited for it. Get him back in a Titan. He's not spaztic enough for an HF.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Wolfs Ghost - 01-09-2010

' Wrote:Whenever I trade I come across one or two fighters, either next to the mooring ring or the BS, which just sit there and do not respond to hails. (They also do no respond to me opening fire on them with one accidental volley to see whether they move.)

Why do they do this? (This has happened quite a few times and whilst I cannot remember their names, I do have an SS or many, but it would be rather difficult to find amongst my archive.)

Note, this feedback is backdated.

Seems this was completely ignored, so I'll do my best to answer it. They're probably away from their computers or alt-tabbed. Grave Yard shifts are..well grave yards.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - cshake - 01-09-2010

' Wrote:Whenever I trade I come across one or two fighters, either next to the mooring ring or the BS, which just sit there and do not respond to hails. (They also do no respond to me opening fire on them with one accidental volley to see whether they move.)

Why do they do this? (This has happened quite a few times and whilst I cannot remember their names, I do have an SS or many, but it would be rather difficult to find amongst my archive.)

Note, this feedback is backdated.
[Image: Stjamessentry.jpg]

/sorry, couldn't resist. Thomas Anderson already gave a real reply anyway.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Malexa - 01-09-2010

Well, I can just second what Zig already said and a few others.
I like the special bretonian way the BAF works and I can always count on having a great time when around on Diana Blane.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is the heavy OOC spam in the group some times.
I see Fleet Admiral nelson present, or another Admiral and he tries to organize things. (Especialy in battles)
The rest just spamms pointless // lines into the chat.
If you invite non BAF members to your groups, please consider that they maybe want to roleplay, even if its an combat encounter.

When on our MMs we have also mixed group chats, sometimes purely RP and then sometmies totaly OOC.
But when a non MM joins the group we stick to the roleplay. Also if a new MM gets online. Maybe he wants to just roleplay and not to get drowned in OOC stuff.

Though thats only group chat. Your system chat performance is outstanding, not to say even flawless.

Malexa aka Diana Blane

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - pbrione - 01-09-2010

I've already mentioned in our skype chat about this, but I would like to reiterate what Malexa has said - I understand that OOC chat is sometimes important and that players often feel the need to communicate things to one another OOC, but when we are in large groups of people that span multiple systems or involve people from other factions, please keep OOC to a bare minimum neccessary as it tends to get in the way of trying to coordinate fleet actions IC or players from other factions trying to RP. In such circumstances preferably talk casually amongst yourselves IC in local chat and OOC in private chat and keep group chat for IC instructions, reports and fleet-coordination coommands as if it were a genuine military channel not to be spammed with inane banter. Of course, when a group only has 2-3 players in it you can OOC all you like providing you are all happy to do so, but when we have in excess of 10 players as we quite often do these days the constant lines of // mean that genuine RP reports just get lost rapidly in the chatlog and coordinating forces or pursuing meaningful RP becomes impossible. I have always prided the BAF on maintaining very high standards of RP and this is just one extra area in which people can make an effort to keep such standards as high as possible.

Other than that I am pleased to see so many positive reports reflecting on our RP - I understand the occasional problem with excessive use of force against opponents and am confident that we can work to prevent such cases wherever possible by making sure COs have stricter control of battles and the forces committed.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Irra - 01-17-2010

' Wrote:I understand the occasional problem with excessive use of force against opponents and am confident that we can work to prevent such cases wherever possible by making sure COs have stricter control of battles and the forces committed.

I hope you will fix that soon..

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Sprolf - 03-03-2010

If you bring a Dunkirk into Dublin, please don't whine about getting ganked.
[Image: screen500.png]

Please note that this was our third Dunkirk in Dublin today. They come in... but they don't come out. In one piece, anyway. (I'm not asking you to regulate indies, just saying that we're not going to respond nicely to any battleships, especially when there's so damn many.

We and you both know that you're not angels when it comes to ganking, so don't even play the fairplay card. Ask anyone who you fight and they'll tell you the same.

EDIT: Adama, I'm sorry about your gank, however.
I try to prevent things like that. I'll try harder in the future.