Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Veronee - 03-03-2010

Sorry but yours was either the third or the 4th battleship I saw tonight in Dublin.

HMS-Victory attacked myself, The.Joker and one of his Thugs. HMS Victory had 3 fighters that attacked, a miner (no idea) and a cruiser.
We killed the cruiser and Victory disapeared. HMS-Litany of fire appeared (dunno how invovled he/she got) and then you arrived.

In terms of lost respect.. after the ganks you have been throwing at us /care
Bring 3 Battleships and lose one. Feel free to complain all you like but you reap what you sow

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - guitarguy - 03-03-2010

Alright, here's my perspective:

I see four gunboats, several bombers, and multiple fighters in Dublin. No one's on Skype and half the people ingame can't help due to the four hour rule.

The BS was really a last resort, because I haven't flown one before, but it's me and one other fighter, so what am I supposed to do? (Considering how convinced certain players were that PvP had to happen.)

When I get the ship, I look at the size of the enemy force and decide to leave, I couldn't have lasted more than a few minutes against that group. This is where I have to disagree with Sprolf. I jumped into New London and was followed by the entire group. (I.E. the engagement took place in New London, Sprolf's posts sounds like I was in Dublin at the time, although I'm sure it's unintentional.)

At first I assumed you were sending in a few ships to even up the fight, but the entire group entered and engaged. I died, as expected. Oh well. The thing is I was disappointed that two factions I had RPed with previously, and who had very high standards, were jumping so quickly to attack with a clearly unfair advantage. Leading to the bit of ooRP.

In retrospect, no ooRP should be coming from a BAF| cap, never mind a battleship, unless it's green. For that I apologize.

I already expressed my feelings about our scuffle, this is our feedback thread anyways, not yours.

If you really wanted my BS gone (I understand if you've been fighting them all day), you could have PMed.

Anyway, let's not flame about this. Hopefully the above post isn't too fiery.

EDIT: @ Veronee: I was unaware that there were that many big ships versus so few small ships during the earlier fight, because I wasn't there. It's my understanding that the ships that attacked you before were HMS, indies. Not BAF| faction ships.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Sprolf - 03-03-2010

Last resort? You make it sound like it's Bretonia's duty to clean Dublin out...

Be that as it may or may not be, if there's one thing Mollies don't like in Dublin, it's Kusarians. If there's two things, it's Kusarians and Bretonian Battleships - an assault vessel with a purely offensive purpose.

This is MR policy, basically: You come into Dublin with that, we'll make sure you don't come back.

We enjoy an unfriendly cooperation against Kusari, but bringing an assault vessel like a capital armour eight Dunkirk into Dublin is something we simply won't stand for. It's going over the tenuous line we keep, because there's no realy reason you'd be in there except to attack us with it. (Speaking through an in-RP Molly perspective here.)

Sorry if I seem intolerant, but a battleship is way over the line, and Mollies won't tolerate that.
It's the ultimate symbol of Bretonian oppression and power. We're not going to let one survive entering Dublin.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - guitarguy - 03-03-2010

Fair point

EDIT: My annoyance wasn't so much about me losing in a BS, or Molly's hate of the Bret lawfuls. It was the excessiveness of the attack. But, as I said, that's for another feedback thread. If you really needed to kill me before I docked (for RP vengeance), I guess that many supernovas were necessary.

Also, what did the Joker and Inferno-Drone say? You blocked it out and I didn't have time to read it in game before I died.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Sprolf - 03-03-2010

We already had a massive group in Dublin, it wasn't marshalled exclusively for you.
At that point, we basically said: "Cripes, another battleship. Kill it dead." Three of four in one day, (it's rather bad when you start losing count) with the last being a capital 8 Solaris/Tertiary, (which is possibly the most annoying type of battleship in the entire game for the types of ships we had) does not exactly engender much mercy from us, on top of existing roleplay.

The messages were group chat.
I generally block it from messages as part of my M.O.

Joker was commenting somewhere along the lines of karma and Inferno was trying to keep the Thugs off of Adama. Unfortunately, the latter effort wasn't exactly successful.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Not Espi - 03-03-2010

On a completely different note, we met a few times on my sails and we almost never ended up in pvp, just rp (even if we should be fighting to the death, yes), and it was great!

edit:

oh yeah there was this BAF|Border_Patrol fellow but i doubt that was one of the faction guys.

cut from syschat in omega 3:

Quote:BAF|Border_Patrol: hi
Ricko082: hi
BAF|Border_Patrol: any pirates around?
Espi*|Sails: No, senor,
[TAZ]Doc.Holliday: *snickers*
Ricko082: no
Curios:|Sails: Si, no pirates around. All clear.
Espi*|Sails: Hola, senor Holiday.
BAF|Border_Patrol: I'm here to secure Bretonian traders safe passage
BAF|Border_Patrol: thx
[TAZ]Doc.Holliday: *snickers again*
Curios:|Sails: No problem, take care.
Curios:|Sails: *Smiles*
Espi*|Sails: Clear skies, senor.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dab - 03-03-2010

Do you remember how many days ago that conversation with Border Patrol was? He was sanctioned yesterday, and is not in BAF|, thus shouldn't be using our tag. He's not our member. If this happened a few days ago, than it should be taken care of. If this was today/last night, than he retagged.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Garuda - 03-04-2010

' Wrote:Fair point

EDIT: My annoyance wasn't so much about me losing in a BS, or Molly's hate of the Bret lawfuls. It was the excessiveness of the attack. But, as I said, that's for another feedback thread. If you really needed to kill me before I docked (for RP vengeance), I guess that many supernovas were necessary.

Also, what did the Joker and Inferno-Drone say? You blocked it out and I didn't have time to read it in game before I died.

I don t know what are you talking.

One thing i have a beautiful screen from the few sentence yesterday about fair fights before you died.

The BAF and i say always in the group chat fair never fight.

2 Days ago, on of the best examples. We were in Leeds and what the hell is coming HMS-Litany of Fire and another BS,and who stay close to the Battleships 4 Official BAFs. Or you get 8 Times backup.
I have no problems with a BS, But two for 2 Bombers, 1 Fighter and 2 GBs?

I love the comment from one of your friends.

*I cant stop my people to gank Joker*

Joker wait always for a fair fight. What bring the BAF, Battleships in mass.

I know in RP is this normal and a overkill bring the victory,and I love the RM, they keep the fights always fair.

Yes and Fair Fight is a Myth, but to try this is not really difficult mmmhh?

Its not a flame just my opinion.

~Inferno-Drone

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Not Espi - 03-05-2010

' Wrote:Do you remember how many days ago that conversation with Border Patrol was? He was sanctioned yesterday, and is not in BAF|, thus shouldn't be using our tag. He's not our member. If this happened a few days ago, than it should be taken care of. If this was today/last night, than he retagged.

it was before him being sanctioned for reengaging, and i didnt see him since then, so i guess he gave up on using the tag or is still sanctioned

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Elven - 03-12-2010

Allright.
I love BAF| usually, you can give some nice or perfect RP.
But today.. E-er.
2 people fighting my lone Chimmie, and trying to camp me to Derby (which was shooting like sadly famous Isis).. I can't say that's good. After that, we ended up with me in front of ship, and lone BAF in tail.
Camping battleship, well. That's just fail.
For RP as well. (I could nuke-bomb battleship and damage it seriously, I guess)
I know, you'll say "of course, you r Elven, you can't haz fairplay", but camping on battleship... That's really just fail.