Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dieter Schprokets - 12-06-2008

Well I showed up in my bomber long enough to get killed.

I saw that the Indy KNF GB did hold off for a bit, then engaged when the odds were better. Appreciated. Then he kilt me. Meh.

Then I went on as my trader briefly, saw a kill message indicating an OC Dessie was creaming KNF.

I didn't call him in.

I want to know who did, by PM please. RIGHT NOW.

I might add, this thread is not for petty bickering. -Endorsed by the Moderating Team and Mwerte

Seems this little impromptu battle went to snot. So did the last scheduled event. Though that was for other reasons outside of BAF and KNF control.. Run of bad luck it seems..

Please all stop finger pointing and lets focus on the corrective action. Hmm?

Again. I want to know, NOW, who called in the OC dessie? By PM.

And by NOW I mean yesterday.

Well then hell....

Third parties are our bane. Everyone wants in on the fun, with no understanding of the ground rules.

Suggest a joint statement Signed by BAF and KNF command, OOC of course

"When we are fighting, leave it be, or ask permission to join in from the faction you wish to assist"

or thats the jist of it.

shall we start a thread, KNF Command?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - pchwang - 12-06-2008

Excuse me, but this isn't a competitive PvP game. This goes for both the BAF and the KNF: Stop whining, and stop using every dirty tactic in the book every day.

But, let me put it this way: The next time you don't win, don't come running to us. We're not the Counter Strike Source clan fairness regulation committee. We're the Bretonians. If we actually hired the Mollys to setup a minefield around Harris, do you actually think we're going to fight fair most of the time?

I'm not saying no to reinforcements, just uninvited ones.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 12-06-2008

' Wrote:I'm not saying no to reinforcements, just uninvited ones.
It removes a sense of randomness, that.

Sometimes unexpected aid is cool.

Just not from OC dessies.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - pchwang - 12-06-2008

True, but...

How is this going to be enforced?

I've been in quite a few fights, and typing: /l //GET THE HELL OUT OF THE THIS FIGHT YOU'RE NO

*Hits Enter Because of Chat Word Limit*

NOT* Invited!!!!!11!

Has never been effective.

The fact of the matter is this:

War is unrealistic. At least, in Mjolnir, yourself's, and Ophiuchi's definition of realism. Realistic combat is all about unexpected appearances, consequences, and situations. Hell, even the most organized strategy games are like that. Just look at Chess.

Discovery, as I will repeat for the last time, is not a Competitive PvP game. It is a MMORPG. An MMORPG attempts to simulate real life.

If this were a CS:S tourney, then yes, de_dust2 would be restricted to an equal number of KNFs and BAFs, and there would be no random appearances of said Outcast Destroyers.

Frankly, however, the issue is this: You cannot control the elements that are in Discovery because of the fact that every fight that goes on occurs in a non-controlled environment.

Controlling it will lead to problems. Scientists have known this since the dawn of science. This is why experiments are conducted in petri dishes and laboratories, not the Amazon rainforest.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Ophiuchi - 12-06-2008

' Wrote:Well then hell....

Third parties are our bane. Everyone wants in on the fun, with no understanding of the ground rules.

Suggest a joint statement Signed by BAF and KNF command, OOC of course

"When we are fighting, leave it be, or ask permission to join in from the faction you wish to assist"

or thats the jist of it.

shall we start a thread, KNF Command?

In the absence of our Taicho, I would agree in principle to a joint statement, yes.

And Blunt, glad you find this so amusing.

Dieter.. private comms now.

Chijin

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - MarvinCZ - 12-06-2008

While it may be a noble idea, it won't be applicable and enforceable in-game. And if somehow that would be achieved, it would just make the war awfully sterile and unappealing.
Reinforcements should be kept in check when not needed or from unreasonable parties, or at least an attempt at that be made. Outright refusing uninvited reinforcements kills many wonderful aspects of the war.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Kambei - 12-06-2008

just idea... next time when uninvited OC dessie come. Highest ranked BAF should give order to stop fight or better to attack that dessie.

Maybe open letter to council of dons from BAF high command can help to solve that problem with fun ruiners (I think fun was ruined for both sides)