Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - FraserTE - 09-21-2011

My personal feedback is a recent post made by the queen Targeting a member of the [TAZ] Cummunity You cannot Out of nowhere decide you no longer like somebody's rp and just kick them out without posting any reason From what i have seen and my personal experiences with the BAF lately even on my [TAZ]Panda being arrest without cause.

And if its not in britonia law its not agiasnt the law but i was still arrested none the less.

My personal opinion is there is some powergaming going on inside your faction right now.

You arrested me because a faction member of mine " talked about nomads in open channels " Because you refuse to accept they exist But no more then 5 minutes later there was a keeper in your own space ? And an offical apology was never given to me or a reason why i was arrested.

/quick edit

And i was told directly by a BAF that his orders came straight from the queen to arrest me.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - arvg - 09-21-2011

1. you

you were arrested because you were poking about a classified installation. I will amend the law right now. Doesn't change the fact that you committed a crime.

2. Bret

We will not engage in Trial by forum. No he was not dismissed from the BAF for his RP, he was dismissed for a number of reasons, none of which were the fact that he is a furry.

The announcement about furries was made after the one about his departure. Out of respect to Bret we kept the verdict on Furries back, and didn't implement it. However, once he was gone from the faction, there was no reason to hold back on the statement.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dab - 09-21-2011

' Wrote:This is a little late, but...

THIS

... Is pure crap.

Its really too bad this event didnt get too much publicity, but honestly, its infuriating.

For one, I make a contrition to Allow the BAF\BPA to dock ships at my station again, to allow peace, since i no longer have to worry about Rheinland shooting me for "backing a side against them" (they do this, look at FP2) - what do I get in return?

Alvin in his kudessie, a dunkirk, and about 8 snubs at my doorstep, shooting anyone who docked or undocked, or said a word against this.

Why?

to slap me down and put me in my place. To show me i have NO POWER to control my station, protect people using it, or enforce any kind of authority at all.

And people wonder why i hate the BAF, the people who run it, and this station itself.
I tried to discuss that with you on Skype at the time it was happening (I was at school and the internet blocks me from getting in-game).

Rather than telling me what was going on, you were incredibly rude and refused to shed light on the situation, or reach some sort of conclusion. Despite that, I contacted Alvin and the other BAF| who were present on Skype and quite basically, chewed them out for doing it. But again, you made no effort to work with me on getting it dealt with, and when I contacted you in order to get stopped, instead of cooperating in order to do so for FP1's benefit, you responded rudely and with no intent to help, even though I was spending my class time trying to resolve a problem.

@Praedictum; Your TAZ was found in a restricted area off-limits to all non-BAF forces. Even the BPA have gotten in trouble for going there. This was made clear to you.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dane Summers - 09-21-2011

' Wrote:I tried to discuss that with you on Skype at the time it was happening (I was at school and the internet blocks me from getting in-game).

Rather than telling me what was going on, you were incredibly rude and refused to shed light on the situation, or reach some sort of conclusion. Despite that, I contacted Alvin and the other BAF| who were present on Skype and quite basically, chewed them out for doing it. But again, you made no effort to work with me on getting it dealt with, and when I contacted you in order to get stopped, instead of cooperating in order to do so for FP1's benefit, you responded rudely and with no intent to help, even though I was spending my class time trying to resolve a problem.

Well, to make my reasons clear - I dont trust either you or Alvin when dealing inrp\oorp about that station. You have your own interests at heart, and absurd amount of counter-rp designed to undermine my running of the station inrp\oorp has made it so i dont trust you. the biggest example of this was refusing to attend skype chat mediations betwee BAF, FP1, and RM - and two, holding a conference inrp where one of the issues was going to be trying to force TAZ or OSI to remove me from the station - which, btw, is powergaming. I have confirmations from both parties that that was your plan (among other things you had planned with that RP arc)

So, with that stated.

At the time of Alvin's smackdown, i was furious, and downright shamed by the fact i could do nothing about it. I interpreted your words in the way i would without trusting you at all - angry that Alvin would circumvent what you see as your responsibility in dealing with me - seeing as Alvin, inrp tried to offer me a deal he had no authority to give also makes the entire situation a farce.
But, seeing as i was flying off the handle, I DID try and apologize.

Quote:[8/31/2011 2:33:19 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): so if i have misunderstood your statements, i apologise
[8/31/2011 2:35:44 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): but, just a clarification - Alvin offered me a deal - didnt say i'd accept it
[8/31/2011 2:35:49 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): again, talk with him

I plan on getting you and\or Alvin in a skype chat at some point, so we can discuss what is to be done with FP1. No more hostility, no more bitterness and grudges, no more antagonizing, and no more of this bull that happened that day. Just you, me, Alvin (although i'd bet five mil he refuses) and my station 2iC.

Talk and Planning, with an apology up front.

Deal?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dab - 09-21-2011

' Wrote:Well, to make my reasons clear - I dont trust either you or Alvin when dealing inrp\oorp about that station. You have your own interests at heart, and absurd amount of counter-rp designed to undermine my running of the station inrp\oorp has made it so i dont trust you. the biggest example of this was refusing to attend skype chat mediations betwee BAF, FP1, and RM - and two, holding a conference inrp where one of the issues was going to be trying to force TAZ or OSI to remove me from the station - which, btw, is powergaming. I have confirmations from both parties that that was your plan (among other things you had planned with that RP arc)
So what you're saying, is that you decided not to speak politely, based on an assumption that existed in your mind, instead of actually discussing it with me?

' Wrote:But, seeing as i was flying off the handle, I DID try and apologize.
Please show me where this happened. Because it did not.

' Wrote:I plan on getting you and\or Alvin in a skype chat at some point, so we can discuss what is to be done with FP1.
We tried that, you didn't want to do it at the time, you wanted to posture and sling mud. Despite that, we've still always welcomed FP1 to discuss it with us. We've encouraged it, and so far have received nothing from you. You wonder why we went elsewhere to other factions to get it resolved?

' Wrote:No more hostility, no more bitterness and grudges, no more antagonizing, and no more of this bull that happened that day.
You do realize the majority of that bitterness and the grudges are held by you, not by us. Yes, what Alvin did was wrong, and I told him just that (which I also told you I was doing at the time of our discussion, while you were being rude to me). At the same time, the OORP grudges, the bitterness, that's coming from your side. We want FP1 in a situation that isn't a headache for us constantly and doesn't cause us problems. If you came to us to get an agreement, we'd be ecstatic. Despite our encouragements to do so, you've refused to.

' Wrote:Just you, me, Alvin (although i'd bet five mil he refuses)
And why do you think he'll refuse? Is it based on what he has said, or based, again, on pure assumptions of your own? Maybe you should think about how you view people, and how your assumptions bias your decisions, such as decisions not to try or attempt to work with others.

' Wrote:Talk and Planning, with an apology up front.

Deal?
Again; I'd be glad to.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dane Summers - 09-21-2011

' Wrote:Again; I'd be glad to.

Cool, works for me.

' Wrote:Please show me where this happened. Because it did not.

As per my quote of the skypelogs

Quote:[8/31/2011 2:33:19 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): so if i have misunderstood your statements, i apologise
[8/31/2011 2:35:44 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): but, just a clarification - Alvin offered me a deal - didnt say i'd accept it
[8/31/2011 2:35:49 PM] Dane Summers (LJS): again, talk with him

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dusty Lens - 09-30-2011

' Wrote:Today's battle only proved the fact people like you will never rebuild the Mollies as an official faction. I will speak only about today:
- We have rules in BAF : NEVER EVER give nanobots or shield batteries from Gunboat>Battleship to Fighter/bomber. Caps give b/b to caps, fighters and bombers to snubs only.
- Your moves today were more than pathetic with all due respect to the players. If you cant admit you lost there is no need for you to bring countless capital ships to resupply you 8 times. I repeat 8 times we have evidences and all from the group were pointing at you with laugh.
- Your gunboat did well and all was in the borders of the rules. Runing, docking, reparing and returning to the field is low but effective. Here comes the big BUT. Your gunboat resupplied you...again. If it only wanted to fight..it ws not a problem at all. We nearly take it one time and destroyed it second time.
- From the words of other indie mollies you are known only with the PVP situations and I cant hide that you are good in that but learn to lose a fight with honour.
- I am not your leader to give you the rules of sharing nanobots but take an example from us, share b/b but from your members already fighting not from the capital ships.
- BAF could bring anything different than fighters but they didnt because we wanted to continue this challenge fair with the members we had. We could bring more people, we didnt because that is what we had there. The battle soon or later should end with one victorious or another. No need to bring more people if all you want is to win.
- In the end, to bring more laugh you brough an AI cruiser who ENGAGED without considering its new ID that "AI ships cant attack unless ATTACKED". Cruiser in fighter battle that again resupplied your fighters.
- Here is when I had to take Dauntless and come to take out my men. In his vision you all fleed and probably with the words : "LOL BAF brough another bs" ... If that is what you had in mind, check the reason for our decision in one of the above points.

Thank you for reading and one last thing. If you want from us to turn in to capital ships only house, that wont happen. Good try to force us bring cap against snub but next time we will continue send fighters against fighters and caps against caps.
That is the way of the balance and fair fight for both parties to have fun.

' Wrote:Kudos to BAF for the fight in Dublin. Epic stand considering the impossible odds and rain of nanobots. Kudos to the fleeing rule :cool:

Kudos back mate.
~Turbo nomnom
Indeed it was gank but not from our side.

Does the BAF have a rule against bringing your Keeper to a fight to support the BAF instead of your, well, BAF?

To set the context, as I imagine it's relevant, the pilot who posted that decided to show to the fight in their squid to fight alongside the BAF, then went and then left feedback on behalf of a faction that he wasn't, at the time, representing.

While chastising over what they brought to the fight, I observe with eyebrow raised.

My goodness. What a spectacle.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - FallenKnight - 09-30-2011

' Wrote:Does the BAF have a rule against bringing your Keeper to a fight to support the BAF instead of your, well, BAF?
Dont metagame with me or order me what char I can bring to fight someone.

Your comment here is enough to prove that you know nothing about the nomads. There is a very nice pdf file in the Keepers recruiting thread. Read all 60 pages if you have time, then come to ask such questions.
This is an information that Order is trying to prevent by giving false propaganda that nomads are bad. In fact they always are looking for communication and understanding.
Mollies have attacked me and all nomads many times. Why would the keepers "help" from your point of view to mollies when they are clearly not interested to communicate with them? As for the BAF, well it seems you were not online when I killed some of them with a lot RP behind it. And as I said in RP, mollies were just my priority targets. Once they are dead I wold jump and slaughter every BAF if he dares to attack me (it happens sometimes).

If you want to know more about keepers and their ways of understanding contact me. Here is not the place to talk about these matters.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Snak5 - 09-30-2011

Dusty implied not what you though he did.

He asked why have you not remained as BAF, and switched to obviously better ship against slugish Mollys ones

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Enoch - 09-30-2011

I find it strange that you side with the faction you are co-leading when flying your Nomad character, and I believe I am not the only one. Claiming that Mollies are hostile to Nomads while BAF is not is also a moot point, since I have seen BAF| engaging Nomads several times in Dublin.