Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - FallenKnight - 11-25-2013

@Govedo, if you were not participating in this situation and cant provide us with anything related to that issue - I will ask you to stop jumping in "random" for you threads, delivering another portion of hatred towards this faction just to make it look the way you see it. Your personal opinions should be kept for yourself or flood. In this thread we expect structural accusation by filling the blank. All else is up to us.

Speaking of feeding, it is really a shame for You from all the people to approach us with that accusation. After all you are the Guy with the Roc bomber, Dueling people while his friend in a cloaked Liner deploying you b/b every time you hit the bottom....Shame on you indeed.

If you continue to infuse this thread with your "HI, BAF sux, bye"- attitude, I will ask someone from mod team to remove your posts here.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Stefz - 01-24-2014

Love it how you guys prefer to gank instead of having a fair 2v2 fight. Not to mention both of you were flying fighters while we were flying bombers. Just a disappointment from an official faction to behave like that.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Connor - 01-24-2014

I'm guessing you were part of the fight at trafalgar? If you were then stop complaining. Two fighters on two bombers were tearing you guys up fairly, then that bomber came along and did nothing at all in the way of damaging you guys. You delt with it quickly and thus was no longer a fight between three. Two vs three is not a gank. It was your choice to use bombers, ours to send fighters to deal with bombers. I'd bet you'd have no hesitation in ganking transports with minimal 2 mill or die RP.

Expect to be delt with accordingly, which you were. If you fly bombers, expect to be dealing with fighters in response. Simple as. If you posted this in anger at how you guys died, then you need to grow up. Simple as.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Highland Laddie - 01-25-2014

As one of the pilots involved...I'd also mention we did give you several RP chances to back down or escape (which....one of your bombers did).

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Pancakes - 01-25-2014

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.

Though I thought Touketsu was faster. Anyway, I advise you guys to try and roll around with CDs and not MR/Torps only, you will find lots of pirates simply going away (like I did) and continuing pirating elsewhere in that very system.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Highland Laddie - 01-25-2014

Well, a Paladin is already underpowered compared to most other VHFs and bombers that I normally find myself facing, so I prefer the MR for the hitting power.

And, not all pvps have to end in a blue message to be an RP success.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Pancakes - 01-27-2014

(01-25-2014, 10:49 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Well, a Paladin is already underpowered compared to most other VHFs and bombers that I normally find myself facing, so I prefer the MR for the hitting power.

And, not all pvps have to end in a blue message to be an RP success.

You have no idea how to fly it then, if you say that. I have flown ONLY a paladin as part of TP~ and I had no problems killing all sorts of people with it.

It's miles away from being underpowered.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Jack_Henderson - 02-21-2014

So, I get a lot of hate from Bret for organising a free Omega 9 Mini event in which this additional rule was defined in the Event thread:

Quote:Special rules: Depending on the numbers, respawning/reengaging of certain factions might be allowed. We'll clarify that between leaders of attending factions, as we have done before successfully.

But now, I am catching all the hate. And I am not taking that in.

This is the communication that took place before the BAF|-Reaver fight started. It was a fight that looked fair, the BAF side had the same number of snubs and a GB. So... this communication happened:

Quote:[21.02.2014 20:50:38] Cerulean.Reaver: // Any arrangements that we should know of before we engage these BAF?
[21.02.2014 20:51:03] IMG|Falling.Teardrop: //I'll allow them to respawn for the diplo rp. But otherwise... no. Everybody was invited.

[21.02.2014 20:51:47] /fm baf| //reavers will engage you. just make sre you docked first. you can respawn for the img-baf rp if you die.

[21.02.2014 20:52:04] /fm baf| //obviously, do not reengage them then Wink

[21.02.2014 20:52:58] /fm reaver //you can ofc engage baf. i will allow them to come back (but not reengage you) for the rp we had planned.

The hate after the fight, when I was just on my BPA to back the BAF up to keep it fun and tense:

Quote:BAF|xxx: //You ever make an event a gain that allows Reavers to come, We. Will. Not. Join. It.
[21.02.2014 21:10:54] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //it is an open mini event
[21.02.2014 21:11:04] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //and I warned you and even allowed to respawn
[21.02.2014 21:11:04] BAF|xxx: //Guess what. None of us want to RP with it not.
[21.02.2014 21:11:09] BAF|xxx: //now*
[21.02.2014 21:11:16] BAF|xxx: //So I hope youre happy
[21.02.2014 21:11:23] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //How is that my fault?
[21.02.2014 21:11:28] BAF|xxx: //You let them come.
[21.02.2014 21:11:28] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //It was an even fight
[21.02.2014 21:11:35] BAF|xxx: //EVEN FIGHT MY ...
[21.02.2014 21:11:47] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //calm down. It was even.
[21.02.2014 21:11:53] BAF|xxx: //Bull load..
[21.02.2014 21:12:09] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //can exclude them next time.
[21.02.2014 21:12:11] BAF|xxx: //5 of them took us all out
[21.02.2014 21:12:20] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //But... seriously... I did expect it to be a good fight
[21.02.2014 21:12:26] BAF|xxx: //Do so. Or No one from Bretonia will join your events.
[21.02.2014 21:12:32] BAF|xxx: //That is FINAL.
[21.02.2014 21:12:35] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //Ye... omg.
[21.02.2014 21:13:03] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //as I said, you can respawn and Reavers move out
[21.02.2014 21:13:11] BAF|xxx: //Nope. We're all logging off.
[21.02.2014 21:13:14] BPA)Earl.Catharty: //But... ye. If you want to be angry now... nothing I can do.

Seeing this irp reaction makes things rather bad.

Quote:Ladies and Gentlemen.

I will be brief in my words as I know on how the situation came through into our recon of Omega 9. Therefore the Admiralty Board and I have concluded, That until further notice, all activities in the Omega 9 system are suspended.

That is all.

Combined with the blaming and hating that I was given by Bret in Admin channel (I will not post that, in order not to escalate this), this is really bad.

This is a pixel shooter. Things get shot.
I am not responsible for the bad outcome because I allowed your enemies to participate (in an open event), I do not earn your hate. Hate the people that shot you. But this is not my responsibility.

See you again in events or not.
That is entirely your choice.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Omi - 02-21-2014

In direct relation to the events outlined above by Jack, and numerous other incidents regarding Bret's 'unusual' leadership decisions, my feedback for BAF is that you - as a faction - need to have a serious think about how you choose to play the Armed Forces of Bretonia.

Lord knows BAF has gone through many leaders, both good and bad, since my joining Disco,, but never have I seen the faction being led quite this badly. Throwing one's toys out of the pram because things didn't go exactly as you'd have liked them to go is just plain childish.

The sad thing is - from what I saw earlier today and, again, on numerous other occasions - I suspect people like Thunderer and the other 2iC (AlphaWolf?) are doing what they can to mitigate the BAF|s downfall, but I can only guess that they aren't having much success.

At least under FallenKnight BAF| were allowed to shoot their enemies without being told "everyone dock" by their Fleet Admiral every time said FltAdm logs on and sees a fight in progress. Hell, as GRN| 2iC, I find myself receiving apology PMs from other Bretonian lawfuls (indies and such) who are apologising for being forced to flee fights after BAF| leaves them high, dry, and outnumbered. It's appalling.

BAF|'s reputation is rapidly going down the drain, and I feel the root of the problem lies at the very top, and not with the rank and file.

/givecash BAF|Armoury 0.02

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Core_One - 05-23-2014

Yesterday in Rho... Logged BHG|Core and asked BAF iRP what are they doing there... No answer, they logged Caps in Conn and London instead .