Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dieter Schprokets - 03-15-2009

I see, Lythor, that you met Sir Reginald Notworthy.

One of our best Privateers. But he tends to rub people the wrong way, as he is robbing them.

That is his job.

EDIT :

Oh wait, Sir Reggie didn't actually pirate you, but was with other BAF enforcing the embargo, nobody actually shot you, AND then you F1'd?

Right then.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Lythor - 03-15-2009

I had already managed to trade with Holman without being fired at, twice. How I trade with it was not your concern, thats a risk i take. And on a comical note, i didnt run, I set off the engines while typing. I still say you are wrong about the rule, i feel it is quite clear on the subject. My argument is that I AM NOT trading with kusari, you have no proof i am and neither would you get any because none of you followed your own orders correctly by monitoring my flight before you demanded me to drop cargo.
And yes I was talking ooc in system but as I was talking to several of you at once and was not in charcter it was the easiest option.
I ubderstand the law you are enforcing and why it is in place, but i completely disagree with how you have interpreted that rule and it enforcment. I have no wish to escalate this matter, though i may of heated the argument somewhat due to frustration at your members actions. It seems to me that if i was given a chance to prove where I was trading then none of this would of happened. But no chance was offered was it? Even though the rule states otherwise. I will say this again, i am not, have not, and will not trade with kusari, you can scan me and follow me all you like to prove that, but you cant just decide it off your own backs. With that approach you could 'lawflly' stop any trader leaving breton space no matter what route he takes!!

In the spirit of friendliness and to put an end to this, I will cease any runs to the tau systems and concentrate on rhienland until such time as we can come to an agreement on my lawfulness regarding kusari trade

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Koolmo - 03-15-2009

Tell ya what. Don't trade with Kusari, and I won't take your cargo and your loose change. Got me? Good.

-Lord Sir Reginald Notworthy the Third, Queen's Champion, BAF Privateers.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Grin - 03-15-2009

Taking my cue from the Admiral, I shall give you a polite reply, though you do not deserve it.

As commander of the Warspite, I had recently undergone a refit at Southampton Shipyard (removal of a missile turret) and I was firing my weapons in a continuous stream, aimed at a point between and underneath the flight path between the trade lanes by Canterbury station. I was seeing how the new powerplant would cope with continuous fire.

Your ship flew across my line of fire, but above it, as I explained (I was aiming below the flight path) You MUST have seen the continuous stream of shots beneath you. You then entered the trade lane and claimed I fired at you.

I told you I did not. You repeated the claim ad nauseum and I admit I got a little short with you. I reserve the right to take the mickey out of people who attack me in such a fashion. So, yes, I cast aspersions on your qualifications to be master of a vessel etc. Trying to inject some wit into the altercation.

I did NOT fire on you. Your vessel showed level 35 I recall? No way I would even consider you a target. I did not even hit you - at all. Now, I am not renowned as an ace shot, but ALL my guns and missiles fired at you and I missed? Clearly not.

I totally refute your ridiculous slur on the Bretonian forces, whose superb RP reputation you seek to damage by this complaint.

Aubrey Mainwaring

' Wrote:Tell ya what. Don't trade with Kusari, and I won't take your cargo and your loose change. Got me? Good.

-Lord Sir Reginald Notworthy the Third, Queen's Champion, BAF Privateers.

Noteworthy your just a plank mate and i have no interest in anything you have to say. i didnt trade with Kusari, i was trading with IMG in tau as I told when asked. As you lot would of known if you'd bothered to follow your orders instead of making them up. If you can prove it then put up or shut up! If you monkies put as much effort into fighting kusari as you do into harassing lawful traders then you may not have a kusari battleship camping on your border! Youre truly laughable. Pirates can hold up players within 6km of your ships and they do nothing. Kusari roam through leeds like they own it, and your main concern is harassing non combatant players minding their own business cos you find it amusing. BAF is a absolute laughing stock in my eyes, No wonder your getting your butts handed to you on a plate.

As to Warspite, not what you said at the time matey but ok fine

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Ceoran - 03-15-2009

According to this I would like to if Passengers of any kind are considered "cargo" or not (I would feel insulted to be compared to a box full of scrap). Liberty allows them to pass to Rheinland, does Bretonia allow them to enter their territory from Kusari? After all the Shetland is an OCS ship and has nothing to do with the war, but has visitors from all over sirius, including Kusari, right?

Though I had a nice peace of rp with one of your pilots some days ago in Leeds including a boarding team to look for spies on my liner. Kudos for that.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Wolfs Ghost - 03-15-2009

' Wrote:Noteworthy your just a plank mate and i have no interest in anything you have to say. i didnt trade with Kusari, i was trading with IMG in tau as I told when asked. As you lot would of known if you'd bothered to follow your orders instead of making them up. If you can prove it then put up or shut up! If you monkies put as much effort into fighting kusari as you do into harassing lawful traders then you may not have a kusari battleship camping on your border! Youre truly laughable. Pirates can hold up players within 6km of your ships and they do nothing. Kusari roam through leeds like they own it, and your main concern is harassing non combatant players minding their own business cos you find it amusing. BAF is a absolute laughing stock in my eyes, No wonder your getting your butts handed to you on a plate.
As to Warspite, not what you said at the time matey but ok fine

However, there is something your forgetting. From planet Leeds to Stokes Mining Station, That entire Zone is "No mans land" From Leeds Docking ring to Stokes Tradelane thats where the Blockade goes into effect. As the same on Kusari's side.

Also, we have a Roleplay plot to follow. Do you honestly think we're losing the war because we feel like it? No. There are people in this faction that would love to be sitting in Kyushu right now, I'm one of them. As for the pirates, we set priorities, if we stopped you first and a pirate wanders in. We're going to deal with you first. Then the pirate. Not drop what we're doing and go after the pirate, and a pirate sitting 6KM away isn't a big threat. When they start getting 3KM and 2KM then they become a potential threat.

So, quit your whining about us stopping Traders that are so called 'innocent', in my eyes, you running our blockade doesn't make you innocent, and if your character was a true Bretonian Citizen, you'd be trading with Liberty or Rheinland. Not IMG and running our blockade.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Neronian - 03-15-2009

I second that!

People are always saying we have no "authority" or just "not allowed" to do that... But in a system that has become an around the clock battle-zone, being that we're the military... WE HAVE AUTHORITY. And I'm with 'Goodie' About these traders that are saying they're being good citizens and trading from Bretonia and all that other BS... BUT, you're going through Our Embargo.. To Our Enemies... Tell me how the hell that is 'Patriotic'!

Exhibit A: A... very irritating... trader carrying robot comp.'s through Leeds telling us we're "breaking the rules" (Say OOC in System Much?). Even after explaining what factories are run by and what factories make in a time of war... He didn't cooperate still. So, after maybe 20 minutes of him talking in system like that with threats and such.. We let him go (Event was about to start).. HE CAME BACK. And so for the SECOND time, I try to explain it to him and he AGAIN goes into OOC in System. I warned him a total of 4 times that 'its a RP server and if you dont want to RP go away'... And I just want everyone to know that they should COOPERATE with authorities before we have to space you...

Rant Over ~ Rockie

Whatever mate. I'm done with you people. Your a joke. And for clarity, the pirate wsnt 6 km away from me he was sat in front of me demanding ransom while 2 of your your goons sat 6km away and did nothing.

Your nothing but pirates yourselves, using workarounds and loopholes in server rules and your own to justify your actions. I wont respond to any more of your posts on here as you dont deserve the attention.

As far as I am concerned this server will be drastically improved when factions such as yourself are either removed or forced to apply by the rules instead of using them as you see fit! Its hard enough to deal with the pirate and rogue players that you seem unable to police without worrying about the navy ripping you off as well.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Derkylos - 03-15-2009

As the lawful Bretonian authorities, BAF and BPA have a duty to ensure that no supplies reach Kusari that may aid the war effort. Anyone passing through Leeds is potentially supporting Kusari (it is where the trade lanes take you...), and thus will be questioned closely on their destination. Don't like this? Find another route. I am sure Liberty will welcome your support of the Rogues with open arms...

People that go OoRP to accuse lawfuls enforcing the law of being "pirates"...*Sigh*

' Wrote:According to this I would like to if Passengers of any kind are considered "cargo" or not (I would feel insulted to be compared to a box full of scrap). Liberty allows them to pass to Rheinland, does Bretonia allow them to enter their territory from Kusari? After all the Shetland is an OCS ship and has nothing to do with the war, but has visitors from all over sirius, including Kusari, right?

Though I had a nice peace of rp with one of your pilots some days ago in Leeds including a boarding team to look for spies on my liner. Kudos for that.

To address this issue, if you are taking passengers towards Kusari, be prepared to be questioned on their destination, origin and reason to make the trip. In 4.84, I heard a variety of reasons for VIPs to be going from Bretonia to Kusari, ranging from them being businessmen going to meetings (uhh...Bretonian businessmen heading to Kusari? Really?), to them being saboteurs, with their VIP status representing their equipment, off to blow up some Kusari war installation.

Be creative and think a bit, and most people will be inclined to let you go. After all, I am more inclined to cut someone who gives me some RP a break, than someone who just runs silent...