Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Darius - 04-04-2023

(04-04-2023, 11:29 PM)Megaera Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:40 PM)Darius Wrote: Darius — Yesterday at 6:29 PM
You saw Saronsen's post on the forum.
You went there and posted about me and other devs having biases for certain factions.
I don't care what you do elsewhere, but if you're a member of this faction, then you'll be expected to not be a complete and utter buffoon on the forum and in other discord servers.

What he does in your server or while flying on a BAF tagged ship is your business, yes.

What he does outside of that (on forums or on other discords) is none of your business.

That's what I said. But the limit is reached once he starts saying how I'm biased and attempting to use my dev position to implement god knows what for Bretonia. If he isn't capable of understanding that you need evidence to show your claims, then he should simply keep ranting elsewhere for all I care and mind.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Levenna - 04-05-2023

(04-04-2023, 11:37 PM)Darius Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 11:29 PM)Megaera Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:40 PM)Darius Wrote: Darius — Yesterday at 6:29 PM
You saw Saronsen's post on the forum.
You went there and posted about me and other devs having biases for certain factions.
I don't care what you do elsewhere, but if you're a member of this faction, then you'll be expected to not be a complete and utter buffoon on the forum and in other discord servers.

What he does in your server or while flying on a BAF tagged ship is your business, yes.

What he does outside of that (on forums or on other discords) is none of your business.

That's what I said. But the limit is reached once he starts saying how I'm biased and attempting to use my dev position to implement god knows what for Bretonia. If he isn't capable of understanding that you need evidence to show your claims, then he should simply keep ranting elsewhere for all I care and mind.

He did keep it elsewhere. Those claims were his own personal opinion very clearly not representative of BAF as a whole, nor were they anywhere in a BAF channel (Nor did anyone ask you to leak internal BAF channels). If you disagree with it, that's your prerogative. If you think it's stupid, that's also your prerogative. It was well within your power to approach him privately and ask why he felt that, and try to resolve the issue. But you instead seemed to opt for a trial-by-discord and more or less forced him out.

To be perfectly honest, Darius, in the nicest way possible you yourself don't exactly cover yourself in glory on these forums at times. It does come across as somewhat hypocritical. I would really re-evaluate that approach in future.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Darius - 04-05-2023

It became a faction matter the second he claimed that I did something biased. I will keep to my judgement on how this was handled just fine. He wasn't at any one point forced to bring out the "freedom of speech" argument, yet he did, and he then proceeded to leave anyway.

It should come without a saying that actions have consequences. Stating things without proving they're true is disinformation, and I intend to not allow people whom are eager and keen on posting such disinformation in this faction.

As I said, and I'll say again, if he wants to rant mindlessly about supposed bias, he can keep doing it god-knows where, just not in the forums while he is in this faction.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Saronsen - 04-05-2023

so you used your position in the BAF to persecute him for stating something not related to the BAF on the forums nor ingame nor in your discord
got it

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Krumai - 04-05-2023

With each pointless bickering comes more toxicity. There were a lot of better things either of you could have done, but doing it publicly is not the way to approach such issue.

Playing dictator is not going to help. Who knows if that's the reason why people leave discovery over such arguments about something or whatever.

Also, opinions have to be constructive especially if it's criticism. No one wants to be on the receiving end of an ad hominem attack. You all need to learn how to be respectful, rather than back-and-forth arguments that lead to nowhere.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - The_Godslayer - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 12:46 AM)Saronsen Wrote: so you used your position in the BAF to persecute him for stating something not related to the BAF on the forums nor ingame nor in your discord
got it

Top 10 Darius moments:

Bonus: I understand that you need to be edgy always, its part of your persona, yadda yadda, but at least keep it to the femboy furries in KNF chat. This makes the third time you've chosen either absolute disgrace or genuinely thoughtless behavior based on a disagreement that didn't/doesn't involve you.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Kauket - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 12:46 AM)Saronsen Wrote: so you used your position in the BAF to persecute him for stating something not related to the BAF on the forums nor ingame nor in your discord
got it

Ah yes. Rules for thee, not for me approach.

Darius, if there was someone who upheld such a standpoint regardless of rank, you would have been booted months ago with some of the most horrifically toxic things you've said in and out of the baf chat, even on the forums.

If someone was convinced that something was wrong, do you really think that strong arming them is going to fix their viewpoint? It only shows that you can't take criticism. Or lack the patience to understand why they think that way.

And I doubt he's alone in the thoughts that Bretonia is flawed. Previously it was indeed overdeveloped which still shows to this day. Of course, waiting for the future updates to rectify it could happen, but people will have opinions on the current state. Which they can because that is the presented state.

got it

How could I have done such a thing? He left on his own, and I wouldn't have removed him, I just wanted to clarify what the apparent anger is about. I've done this in other discord servers too where I'd go at lengths to talk with people about development and their POV in hopes of convincing them that it really isn't as bad as some portray it as.

(04-05-2023, 01:09 AM)Krumai Wrote: With each pointless bickering comes more toxicity. There were a lot of better things either of you could have done, but doing it publicly is not the way to approach such issue.

Playing dictator is not going to help. Who knows if that's the reason why people leave discovery over such arguments about something or whatever.

Also, opinions have to be constructive especially if it's criticism. No one wants to be on the receiving end of an ad hominem attack. You all need to learn how to be respectful, rather than back-and-forth arguments that lead to nowhere.

Please read rule 6 in our member guidelines. There's not much more to say to this.

(04-05-2023, 02:23 AM)Kauket Wrote:
got it

Ah yes. Rules for thee, not for me approach.

Darius, if there was someone who upheld such a standpoint regardless of rank, you would have been booted months ago with some of the most horrifically toxic things you've said in and out of the baf chat, even on the forums.

If someone was convinced that something was wrong, do you really think that strong arming them is going to fix their viewpoint? It only shows that you can't take criticism. Or lack the patience to understand why they think that way.

And I doubt he's alone in the thoughts that Bretonia is flawed. Previously it was indeed overdeveloped which still shows to this day. Of course, waiting for the future updates to rectify it could happen, but people will have opinions on the current state. Which they can because that is the presented state.

You will find that I never, at any point, went on the forum to post how development is done to anger the players after 2022 (my memory's too fuzzy to remember what I honestly said in 2021 and prior, and those were my new years here anyway). I understand anger, I understand frustration, I understand that one wants the patch out already. I'm in the same pot, I want to see people playing on the new and improved version of the game just as much. However, as I've been saying until now, every thing has a certain limit.

In regards to the other matters, the HC in BAF holds sufficient power to stop any of my actions, as does it hold the right to veto whatever I put up for vote by sheer size of numbers (1v5). I never stated things that were as negative as what Kahlmera said, and if I were to do so, I'd receive just as much criticism. BAF's not a dictatorship, quite the contrary, but in some affairs I reserve the right to question the member in regards to his behaviour elsewhere if said behaviour is any in way related to another person in the faction or to the faction itself.

Furthermore, if I truly were as power-hungry as some like to think I am, I would have removed people like Saurissimo and Kane long ago for daring to question the development. But I didn't, because disagreement and criticism is how things progress. You can never improve if the other side is only throwing insults at yours. There's no moral ground for Kahlmera to sit on after those actions.

Here, again, I will quote rule 6 as well as my prior sayings. Respect others if you want to be respected. I can't and I won't babysit people such that they behave exemplary, but if they can't follow this basic rule of thumb, then they'll just not be allowed to stay. I don't intend to force anyone to join, either. We're quite happy with how the status quo is going.

(04-05-2023, 01:31 AM)The_Godslayer Wrote:
got it

Top 10 Darius moments:

Bonus: I understand that you need to be edgy always, its part of your persona, yadda yadda, but at least keep it to the femboy furries in KNF chat. This makes the third time you've chosen either absolute disgrace or genuinely thoughtless behavior based on a disagreement that didn't/doesn't involve you.

How can this not involve me?

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Czechmate - 04-05-2023

Even if there wasn't any bias (Patch is coming, Bretonia IS Heavily overdeveloped, I am sure Poole is getting deleted, Bretonia will have less assets across the board, Mollys Gaians etc. will make big gains, Brets withdraw from Harris etc. as should happen in line with their situation at last so you and Markam prove there isn't) and he said that - factions work best if you judge how people work within said factions and give them freedom to do whatever elsewhere.

This has been proven time and time again and 1iCs drunk on power will break this time and time again and start acting as dictators with their communications etc. And then wonder why they are all alone when they have to do the work, such is the story of Disco factions.

It's not even feedback worthy TBH, it's more the norm, Kalh just can make a new BAF and run things better if he wants to, with tolerance and faction first over personal ego. And then he will build it up, become a dictator and start abusing people too eventually, such is the cycle of Disco Factions lol