Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Wolfs Ghost - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:First of all, when Bretonia has enemy forces at its doorstep, it should deploy every last man to repel the invasion instead of having its best pilots go chasing down traders in enemy territory.

I like how you think Privateer's are Bretonia's best pilot's. I know regular's that aren't Privateers or have Privateer character's. So this part of your post isn't correct.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Drake - 03-25-2009

They might call it part of their empire, but that doesn't make it so. They've held it for well under a year and it's still a warzone. It's a 'contested territory'.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dieter Schprokets - 03-25-2009

We got 'em right where we want 'em

You see Germany, 1944?

I see Stalingrad, Bretonia=Russia.

:)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Zelot - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Well, as long as we're sharing our true feelings, the AFA and Hogosha should stay out of Leeds, and even Tau-31. They're far outside of the NPC ZoI, and neither of them have any business there. The AFA should be kicking the other House shipping out of Kusari, and the Hogosha should be doing their Hogosha thing (in Kusari). They're Kusari unlawfuls (even if they're friendly with the KNF), not Bretonian unlawfuls. Neither Leeds nor Tau-31 is Kusari, even if Kusari has a strong military presence. The AFA and Hogosha have no business in a warzone.

Ha, well someone can't take legitimate criticism. First, let me list the bases the AFA and Hogosha can base off of to conduct operations in Leeds (or Tau31 for that matter) Islay Base in Edinburgh (6 k from the Leeds JH) the Kusari Battleship Yamaguchi in Tau 31, Shinakuk Station, a Samura base, all of 15k from the Tau31 jg and 10k from the tau 31 jh, Oso Station a KNF base(you know it as Glasgow), Daisin station a Samura base (you know it as Stokes) Battleship Nagasaki, the last three in Leeds itself. All of those bases are friendly or allied to the AFA, all of those bases are either in or 1 jump from Leeds or Tau31, all of those bases have no hostile bases to pass.

Now... where are you basing, and how is it you are getting to New Tokyo? Because I can see no reason for your argument that the AFA shouldnt be in Leeds while the BAF should be in New Tokyo. Maybe it's just me.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

Or the Kusari as Napoleon at Borodino.

He won that battle, actually, but then realised that the Russians had annihilated his supply lines and his men were starving. Went home crying.

' Wrote:Ha, well someone can't take legitimate criticism. First, let me list the bases the AFA and Hogosha can base off of to conduct operations in Leeds (or Tau31 for that matter) Islay Base in Edinburgh (6 k from the Leeds JH) the Kusari Battleship Yamaguchi in Tau 31, Shinakuk Station, a Samura base, all of 15k from the Tau31 jg and 10k from the tau 31 jh, Oso Station a KNF base(you know it as Glasgow), Daisin station a Samura base (you know it as Stokes) Battleship Nagasaki, the last three in Leeds itself. All of those bases are friendly or allied to the AFA, all of those bases are either in or 1 jump from Leeds or Tau31, all of those bases have no hostile bases to pass.

Now... where are you basing, and how is it you are getting to New Tokyo? Because I can see no reason for your argument that the AFA shouldnt be in Leeds while the BAF should be in New Tokyo. Maybe it's just me.

We can use Ainu (I personally discourage it though, too much drugs), and jumpholes.

We base from Tau 23 anyway, and go around.

Also, how did the Kusari get into Leeds anyway? Didn't they take the gate?

Added to that, should AFA be basing from KNF battleships? Surely you've succeeded in your goals when it comes to cutting of Bretonian trade, shouldn't you be hitting Libertonians?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Drake - 03-25-2009

It's the Privateers' job to hit traders in Kusari. As Blunt points out, we base out of Tau-23, and there are plenty of jumpholes, along with a few friendly bases, we can use around Kusari. We get around the same way that the GC and BD get around.

Interestingly enough, the AFA has the same job as the Privateers: Hitting traders in Kusari. How often do you really do that anymore, rather than fighting a war which is the KNF's job? Both the AFA and Hogosha are supposed to be loosely approved-of by the KNF, not openly allying with them.

' Wrote:.

We base from Tau 23 anyway, and go around. Around where? You have to go through hostile territory which ever way you go, so can we put aside this whole, "we go around" thing.

Also, how did the Kusari get into Leeds anyway? Didn't they take the gate? Yes they took the gate, and suffered heavy losses, but I guess Privateers can just go through with no danger.

Added to that, should AFA be basing from KNF battleships? Surely you've succeeded in your goals when it comes to cutting of Bretonian trade, shouldn't you be hitting Libertonians? Just because something would make it easier for the Bretonians, does not make it the proper rp. Bretonia is the top priority for all Kusari at the moment.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

Actually, a lot of the gates inside Kusari are unguarded, such as the Shikoku>NT gate.

Plus, operating in hostile territory is our job. Pirates on the Spanish Main, and all that?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - ugliestmoose - 03-25-2009

Quote:I like how you think Privateer's are Bretonia's best pilot's. I know regular's that aren't Privateers or have Privateer character's. So this part of your post isn't correct.
I was saying that they are technically some of your best pilots if you automatically assign them Lt. Cdr. status or whatever it is. Obviously I don't know about the players' skill levels.

Quote:Or the Kusari as Napoleon at Borodino.

He won that battle, actually, but then realised that the Russians had annihilated his supply lines and his men were starving. Went home crying.
You bring up an excellent example Mr. Blunt! When Russia was invaded by Napoleon, did they decide that the best course of action was to invade Paris? NO! Emperor Alexander had Moscow burned to the ground so that Napoleon's men couldn't make use of it.

So if you want to go by historical examples, I would suggest you release ebola into the Leeds atmosphere so that Kusari can never get its grubby paws on it. :lol:

Or, if you want to disrupt supply lines, do it in the Taus.

' Wrote:It's the Privateers' job to hit traders in Kusari. As Blunt points out, we base out of Tau-23, and there are plenty of jumpholes, along with a few friendly bases, we can use around Kusari. We get around the same way that the GC and BD get around.

Interestingly enough, the AFA has the same job as the Privateers: Hitting traders in Kusari. How often do you really do that anymore, rather than fighting a war which is the KNF's job? Both the AFA and Hogosha are supposed to be loosely approved-of by the KNF, not openly allying with them.

Now it all becomes clear, whats good for the goose is obviously not good for the gander when it comes to Bretonia. The Bretonains should be able to operate all throughout Kusari from the far corner of Tau 23 and a single base in Kusari (ainu). Thats right all this talk about having bases to use in Kusari, you have a total of ONE freindly base anywhere in Kusari. While the AFA and Hogosha should not be allowed to operate in Bretonia while we have clear operations points and supply lines to be able to allow us to do it. Someone mentioned something about strategy earlier?