Discovery Gaming Community
Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) (/showthread.php?tid=140970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - sindroms - 07-09-2016

So this is a "I need a faction" sort of post. Give me your recommendations.

Right now, the only two groups I am active in are the LPI and the Torpedoes, both of which operate exclusively in Liberty. And yet I want to take a vacation off that place. It seems as though over the years I've been migrating from the Omicrons to Liberty, back and forth. Perhaps a faction could help me expand the possibilities. By this point you might know what I am about. If given the chance, I can contribute large amounts of roleplay for the character or the faction itself, I am decent enough when it comes to PVP in anything that has TS/TZ on it and, when it comes to official factions (K'Hara ID being an exception) I tend to tune down my ingame actions not to risk the group and their ID. But here's the catch. I want something active enough. From my past experiences, there were many groups I flew that were fun, but very empty - which was one of the reasons I joined them in the first place. LH being a very fond recent memory (And yes, I still have Rak), for example. But yeah, help me get out of Liberty for a while. Suggestions?

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - Christensen - 07-09-2016

junker congress

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - Petitioner - 07-09-2016

I would suggest the GRN, but they also mostly fly in Liberty and its westerly environs. Maybe check out the RHA, VWA, or Hogosha?

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - sindroms - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 09:00 PM)Christensen Wrote: junker congress

I was once in both Congress and JM, but my impressions and headcannon relating to Junkers lead me to enjoy enjoying that ID as an indie moreso than a group. The shady activities, due to how Discovery handles roleplay consequences, are very problematic when there is a flag in front of your name. Especially if it is a flag that people want to dick over.

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - Shaggy - 07-09-2016

I would suggest maybe an Outcast, Corsair sort of factions, Maybe the Order or Core, or even a Bretonian Faction. Bretonia seems quiet active recently. I would personally say joined BAF|

(07-09-2016, 09:00 PM)Petitioner Wrote: I would suggest the GRN, but they also mostly fly in Liberty and its westerly environs. Maybe check out the RHA, VWA, or Hogosha?

I was in the original GRN when @Exile was contributing to it. I flew exactly three times and, while I admit I had an indie cruiser for Tau funs, the RP side of the ID never seemed like anything I would care to invest my RP effort into. It remains a fun indie to fly, but not something I would join as a group.

RHA has earned my scorn over what happened back with the old RM and, as far as I know, there are still people responsible for all of that crap flying them, so I would rather not.

VWA was something I was juggling at some point, but I do not know anyone in the group, so I am not sure how I would fit in.

Hogosha - the activities I would like to do with a Hogosha are not something that you'd do on a tagged character, sadly.

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - TheSauron - 07-09-2016

Gaians.

Now that shameless self-advertising is done, you may want to also take a look at BPA/BAF or Mollys.

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - Kauket - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 09:05 PM)sindroms Wrote: VWA was something I was juggling at some point, but I do not know anyone in the group, so I am not sure how I would fit in.
They need help at the moment. Could be good.

RE: Help me get out of Liberty. (Looking for a faction) - kenshin156 - 07-09-2016

Maybe AI? (nerd)

But jokes aside, I think it all depends on what you *want* really
If you actually look for PvP with a side of RP I think the Order might be a good Idea, however I'm not certain how much of an Individual your character can be in that environment. But oh well.
But if you're more of a RP guy with a side of PvP you might wanna just try doing what Sombra did. Start with some faction (Order, Core, Zoner, Corsair, Outcast, I don't know) and just go indie.
Do your own thing.
But I heard Bretonia got more active recently, though I can't make proper suggestions on that.
Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(07-09-2016, 09:02 PM)Shaggy Wrote: I would suggest maybe an Outcast, Corsair sort of factions, Maybe the Order or Core, or even a Bretonian Faction. Bretonia seems quiet active recently. I would personally say joined BAF|

After @Jihadjoe kicked my merc out of Liberty in 2008, I was playing nothing but an Outcast ID for the next following two years or so. Needless to say, I do have an indie character, but undocking from Malta and not seeing 101st, ROS, SOB and assortment of MNS and indies yelling insults and training in front of the planet, coupled with frequent Junker, Zoner and Freelancer IDed transports flying in and out - just makes me very sad. I had an invitation to join the 101st from @Divine , but their strict snub policy made it very hard to enjoy the group.

Corsairs are another faction I enjoyed over my time, but they seem to suffer from similar problems as the ones I described above. Though I am much less certain if that is the case these days, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

BAF are an interesting choice and I do have an indie BAF as well. Though, again, I am not sure if I know anyone within that group that I could pester to fly with me when bored. That and Naval factions in general is something I've burned myself out of.