Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - Grumblesaur - 05-19-2009

"If you can't beat them, join them."

Thoughts That Win - Drifter84 - 05-20-2009

From Mark Twain .....

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." :laugh:

Thoughts That Win - Drifter84 - 05-20-2009

Something to aspire to , being a giant ....

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

From John of Salisbury

Thoughts That Win - Grumblesaur - 05-21-2009

"We must all hang together or we shall all hang separately."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 05-22-2009

"Of all the causes which conspire to blind Man's erring judgment, and misguide the mind; what the weak head with strongest bias rules, is pride, the never-failing vice of fools." - Alexander Pope.

"He is unworthy of life who gives no life to another." - Latin proverb.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 05-25-2009

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine.

"Guard your roving thoughts with a jealous care, for speech is but the dealer of thoughts, and every fool can plainly read in your words what is the hour of your thoughts." - Alfred Tennyson.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 05-28-2009

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Gautama Siddharta.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 05-31-2009

"Since we all came from a women, got our name from a women, and our game from a women; I wonder why we take from women, why we rape our women, do we hate our women? I think its time we killed for our women, be real to our women, try to heal our women, 'cause if we don't we'll have a race of babies that will hate the ladies who make the babies. And since a man can't make one he has no right to tell a women when and where to create one." - Tupac Shakur.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 06-05-2009

"An honest man is always a child." - Socrates.

"If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart." - Socrates.

Thoughts That Win - ryeguy146 - 06-05-2009

I have a few:

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
-Talib Kweli (Self explanatory, from a song)

"I swear, by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. "
-Ayn Rand (Should be self explanatory. I base my egoism on this quote from Atlas Shrugged)

"I should have wasted more breath."
-B. Dolan (Explaining that his elitism and condescension towards others caused him to miss out on many excellent experiences; lamenting the fact in a song he wrote)