Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - Dusty Lens - 09-02-2009

"So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didnt have you by the throat. Charles Bukowski

Thoughts That Win - bluntpencil2001 - 09-02-2009

"We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Chuck Palahniuk

Thoughts That Win - Malexa - 09-02-2009

Quote:And a Man sat alone, drenched deep in sadness. And all the animals drew near to him and said,
"We do not like to see you so sad. Ask us for whatever you wish and you shall have it."
The Man said, "I want to have good sight."
The vulture replied, "You shall have mine."
The Man said, "I want to be strong."
The jaguar said, "You shall be strong like me."
Then the Man said, "I long to know the secrets of the earth."
The serpent replied, "I will show them to you."
And so it went with all the animals. And when the Man had all the gifts that they could give, he left.
Then the owl said to the other animals, "Now the Man knows much, he'll be able to do many things. Suddenly I am afraid."
The deer said, "The Man has all that he needs. Now his sadness will stop."
But the owl replied, "No. I saw a hole in the Man, deep like a hunger he will never fill.
It is what makes him sad and what makes him want.
He will go on taking and taking, until one day the World will say,
'I am no more and I have nothing left to give.'"

~Mayan Story about mankind

Thoughts That Win - johnpeter - 09-02-2009

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers."
Mohandas Gandhi

Thoughts That Win - joshua_cox - 09-03-2009

"Turn your back on the impossible. Set your sights on the improbable."-Me, when I realised I'd never go out with the girl I like.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-08-2009

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-09-2009

"Those people who tell me that I'm going to hell while while they are going to heaven somehow make me very glad that we're going to separate destinations." - Martin Terman.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-16-2009

"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus.

(Let justice be done should the sky fall.)

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-17-2009

"Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-18-2009

"If the events of September 11, 2001, have proven anything, it's that the terrorists can attack us, but they can't take away what makes us American; our freedom, our liberty, our civil rights. No, only Attorney General John Ashcroft can do that." - Jon Stewart.