Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - Jihadjoe - 11-30-2008

"Wear sunscreen"

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." -Gandhi

"In love, one and one are one." -Jean-Paul Sartre

"Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity." -Hermann Hesse

Thoughts That Win - Grumblesaur - 11-30-2008

"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it."
-Some old, dead guy.

Thoughts That Win - Virus - 11-30-2008

"Be careful what you write." -DBoy

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"My method is different. I do not rush into actual work. When I get a new idea, I start at once building it up in my imagination, and make improvements and operate the device in my mind. When I have gone so far as to embody everything in my invention, every possible improvement I can think of, and when I see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete form the final product of my brain." -Nikola Tesla

"Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about." Jet, Cowboy BeBop

"Titles are for the weak."
-Virus

Thoughts That Win - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 11-30-2008

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-brilliant words by one of my favourite authors and futurists, Robert A. Heinlein

' Wrote:A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-brilliant words by one of my favourite authors and futurists, Robert A. Heinlein

Diaper... *gets biohazard suit*
Invasion... *pulls out map*
Butcher a hog... *gets new biohazard suit*
Con a ship... *gets the guy drunk and steals the keys*
Design a building... *pulls out crayons*
Sonnet... *is thrown in soundproof room*
Accounting... *robs a bank*
Wall... *grabs shovel and heads for the beach*
Bone... Maybe...
Comfort Dying... *is thrown in soundproof room* O.o
Take orders... *pulls out pencil and paper*
Give orders... Ah, yes... I'll have the Salisbury steak. *gets slapped*
Cooperate... most of the time
Act alone... *pulls out Legos and starts thinking*
Solve equations... no problem
Analyze problem... maybe
Manure... *gets clothespin* *thumbs up*
Program computer... *stares confusedly at instructions*
Cook tasty meal... *grabs many various things, makes soup and sandwiches*
Fight efficiently... give me a plastic sword and a paintball gun >_>
Die gallantly... well f*ck that!
Insects... just no.

Thoughts That Win - tansytansey - 11-30-2008

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

Thoughts That Win - Tic - 12-01-2008

We are all born as unique individuals, but we mostly die as bad copies.

It's our choices that make us who we are, but we make our choices because of for who we are.

Thoughts That Win - Xing - 12-01-2008

"Quotes? Quotes are for those who are lacking confidence, enough to rely on the saying from people they never met in order to prove their point."
-Myself on quoting, after some heated discussion with dad

Thoughts That Win - ProwlerPC - 12-01-2008

"Always reach for the stars. You may not be able to touch them but you'll get a good stretch and a low hanging apple if you are lucky"
Also explains my Avatar. ;)