Discovery Gaming Community
Keeps getting kickout of the server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Keeps getting kickout of the server (/showthread.php?tid=141052)

Keeps getting kickout of the server - Sturm347 - 07-12-2016

Hey guys,

Just reinstalled FL and Discovery about a few weeks ago trying to play again after a long absence. Every time I try to log in the server keeps kicking me out.
My characters name is GeddyLee.

Thanks in advance and hope you in space soon.

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - JohnyWalker - 07-13-2016

would be several reasons, overall if you modified any game file by your own hehehe. Try with a fresh install... if you already tested and kicked when you select a character, sometimes happens to me a DLL error or something, and just drop me to desktop.

In my case... just selecting another diferent character (or creating a new one) and switching later works. I also readed something about starting with savegames in the folder would make it crash, check it.
And more than the usual... check firewall/antivirus exceltpions for game files (Freelancer.exe and DSAce.DLL) but i suggest turning off Antivirus before joining. Good luck!

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - Dr Hooligan - 07-13-2016

I would not be surprised if there are any number of issues.. Admin rights, corrupt files, etc, etc.. I have backups of all my working files for both clientside and server side. Admin rights forced and I can even tailor compatibility to your OS if needed. If you want, you can come to my private TS and I'll give you my updated install to patch in. I know mine works fine as I use it for both my dedi server I host and to play here and on other servers, including my own. Just PM me here and I'll get you my private TS info.

If in fact your A/V is what is causing the issue. It is a very simple fix. No need to turn off your A/V. Just add exceptions for DSACE.dll and Freelancer.exe.. Though I suggest you check to make sure your firewall is allowing the game to work. Windows has some bad habits.. I can help with these kind of issues as well. I personally do not use windows firewall or the proverbial A/V(I use Clam and my noggin). I use a variety of blockers when I use the web and monitor my connections with currports. A bit more hands on of an approach but I like it that way.

Anyway. Hit me up and I'll be glad to help.

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - Sturm347 - 07-13-2016

Thanks @JohnnyWalker and @Dr. Hooligan for the advice.

I tried the following:
turn off my antivirus (I'm using bit defender free so it didn't have an add to exemption list feature if the program wasn't blocked yet)
add to firewall exemptions
turn off firewall.
removed discovery and freelancer and did a fresh install.
I did try to login several times but it still kicks me out
now it shows my account has been banned from the server. I guess my fault for trying several times in quick succession.

Any other ideas i can try?

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - Alley - 07-13-2016

It's usually tied to a corrupt install or your antivirus deleting/blocking a file. Our clientside dlls sometimes trigger very sensitive AVs because they're not signed (we can't really spend 1000$ on getting a cert).
Wait for an admin to catch up on this thread and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - Tunicle - 07-13-2016

I rushed to this as soon as I saw it Smile It appears to be a bad installation.

Make sure you switch your antivirus off and install under administrator account in your OS.

RE: Keeps getting kickout of the server - evanz - 07-13-2016

if the dsace.dll has already been quarantined, you still might not be able to reinstall successfully

Try these steps

1. Uninstall disco and freelancer and any other mods (some mods interfere with disco)

2. Go into your my documents and delete any saved folder that you see of freelancer/disco

3. Check your virus checker for any quarantined “dsace.dll” and remove it

4. Temporary disable “live” protection of your virus checker, and also whilst at it, make sure you don’t have an over protective firewall

5. Reinstall freelancer to default folders and then install disco to default folders
Eg mine is C:\Users\*your login*\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1

6. Go into your virus checker and tell it to allow that ENTIRE folder and all in it – BEFORE Running launcher/disco

7. Try disco before enabling virus checker

8. if it crashes after that and you have bloom enabled, disable it, by going into the freelancer folder, locating d3d8.dll and rename it to something else, eg d3d8.dllold, and then retry

That SHOULD work,

If that works, re enable your virus checker, if it still works, then it’s done and shouldn’t flare up again, if it now stops working, and your virus checker as re quarantined the dsace, then you have a naff virus checker

Uninstall it and get a different one that works

If you don’t have a virus check installed, even a basic free one for minimal protection is better than none!