Discovery Gaming Community
New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: New Entry into the Freelancer Community (/showthread.php?tid=141433)

Pages: 1 2

New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-25-2016

Hey everyone. Name's Nodoka - Or Nikki, whichever you prefer. The Name's essentially an Alias I use online pretty much everywhere. I was brought here by being a long time veteran of playing Freelancer (in SP), and remember playing it as a kid when It was available as a demo on Microsoft's Website.

I've been into FL mods for a while, Mainly fiddling with CF - but Wanted to honestly give Disco a try. So far it's going well (save for the Unforgiving AI in missions - Yeah, I can see now why no one does missions XD

Anywho - I watched some of Sindroms' Videos on Disco and it helped me really well with getting up and going (Going behind Erie into the Ralston Ice Field to mine Helium being one of the tips I grabbed from his videos)

Anywho - I'm hoping to over time learn more about the world of Discovery FL and possibly - If I can get myself to feel strongly enough for one - join a faction. But for the time Being I think I'll still hold that Freelancer ID tightly.

Some of you probably already know me from the shoutbox this morning (Omnomnom, Ramke, Donovan Darwin Davidson, Inferno) and want to give my regards for giving me a inital warm welcome into the community.

I look forward to flying with all of you in Sirius.

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - sindroms - 07-25-2016

Welcome to Disco.
Glad to know my videos helped you, so here's another one - check out this tutorial. It covers some of the more immediate topics regarding the ingame content in specific, things that usually aren't covered in regular tutorials.

And as usual - get a good glance at our server rules although they are a bit of a mess right now and most importantly - enjoy your stay and have fun!

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Psyentific - 07-25-2016

Welcome aboard, enjoy that transport.

inb4 red hessians

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Clavius - 07-25-2016

Welcome to disco and enjoy your stay!

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-25-2016

@sindroms Thanks for the advice and link to the "video" Smile I had a quick glance over the rules and understand pretty much what's asked of me. I've done Roleplay before on G+ (Usually short posts) and Garry's Mod City RP before, The rules and environment are somewhat a blend of both - so it's nothing too hard to get adjusted to.

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Vendetta - 07-25-2016

Welcome to the community. You've seem to got your head on straight already, which is good. When it comes to picking factions, be sure to investigate the lore, level of activity and what not. Find something that interests you and learn about it. There's the vanilla factions which could always use some love, or the less vanilla official factions that are always welcoming. At the end of the day, it's all about what's fun.

Enjoy your stay and see you in space!

there is no escape.

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - TheFreelancer - 07-25-2016

Welcome lad, Enjoy your stay!

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Ayman - 07-25-2016

Welcome to Disco and keep the fun to the maximum

(07-25-2016, 01:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: Glad to know my videos helped you,

I think every new member already passed by one of your tutorials and learn from it Wink same goes for me Smile

Edited: do you want a cloak for a Capital ship ? Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Cardinal - 07-25-2016

Take it easy for a bit, which is a pretty good idea. You have that in mind and it's what I did! I stayed wandering for a bit until I got used to the game and joined the Blood Dragons. Bunch of nice people here if you want to join, but there are many different factions I don't know about, it's all your choice. xD

RE: New Entry into the Freelancer Community - Venkman - 07-25-2016

Hello and welcome to Discovery! If you need help or anything, feel free to drop me a PM. Have fun!