Discovery Gaming Community
Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: A/)- Technocracy of Auxo (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=311)
+----- Thread: Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=142072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: A/) - Feedback - Demonic - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 08:29 PM)The Inner Phalanx Wrote:

Hello.

Flying untagged is not against the rules, nor does it prevent RP consequences from occurring. The point of flying untagged is to be undercover, and the drawback is that said ships do not contribute to the activity tracker. Consequences of encountering an untagged ship still exist. No, we will not stop doing so. Yes, it makes us harder to locate. Our tag exists to identify non-undercover vessels. If they were flying with a tag then they wouldn't be undercover.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

-The Inner Phalanx

So, that's your response, really? I wrote in my first post that I am aware of it not being against RP or Rules. The thing that concerns me is the gameplay. You are basicaly getting an unfair advantage over any tagged faction. Yes, I can't make you stop doing it. That doesn't mean it's ok to that.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 08:38 PM)Demonic Wrote: You can thank your reputation for my assumtion.

Anyways. My problem is the fact that you are basically combining advantages of official faction and indie, with little or no disadvantages. If I see a ship on my in game scanner, my behaviour depends on it's name and colour. Those are fully RP information I have and the only one, cause no scanner can scan ID that far. If I know you are targeting ships carrying certain cargo, which I happen to have, I'll try to avoid you, jettison and shoot my cargo or something else. But if you are flying untaged ship, I am powerless. You are depriving me the information I need to react. And when you actually do shoot me down / take my cargo, I still don't know it's you. I may have my assumtions, but I can't prove anything. Thus I can't really react accordingly when I meet you the next time.

And please, stop talking about the playerlist. I got killed or pirated by hessians several times, even though I was aware of their presence in my transit system, thanks to the playerlist.

Your views are understandable, but this is the same for pirates which can have Freelancer IFF. Cargo scanners which can scan up to 9k away/spyglass and the battleship scanner allow some reaction time. Additionally, the loot menu of the scanners can show up what you drop in the distance.

We don't have a Dynamic IFF, otherwise, this may have relieved some of your concerns. As long as you're not carrying Alien-esque materials, you're fine. (Cardamine is included though. )

Edit: Sometimes a deal can be broken with the smuggler if caught, or blackmail for their escape. Depends on the person and faction they're affiliated with, or if they're independant, that's more likely to happen.

As for 'reputation'? Not everyone can help it. Not our fault some people decided to circlejerk our players because of personal hatred and tried to do their best to paint them in a bad light. Ridiculous how people are so easy to manipulate, or how they easily follow views like sheeple.

Some people still think the K'Hara or Congress are still bad, but they're not, they're just misunderstood.

RE: A/) - Feedback - thisDerius - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 08:43 PM)Demonic Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 08:29 PM)The Inner Phalanx Wrote:

Hello.

Flying untagged is not against the rules, nor does it prevent RP consequences from occurring. The point of flying untagged is to be undercover, and the drawback is that said ships do not contribute to the activity tracker. Consequences of encountering an untagged ship still exist. No, we will not stop doing so. Yes, it makes us harder to locate. Our tag exists to identify non-undercover vessels. If they were flying with a tag then they wouldn't be undercover.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

-The Inner Phalanx

So, that's your response, really? I wrote in my first post that I am aware of it not being against RP or Rules. The thing that concerns me is the gameplay. You are basicaly getting an unfair advantage over any tagged faction. Yes, I can't make you stop doing it. That doesn't mean it's ok to that.

Literally any character from a faction can roam around without a tag. It can gain some advantage, but it has disadvantages. It just depends on how you use it.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sombs - 10-23-2016

Quote:You are basicaly getting an unfair advantage over any tagged faction. Yes, I can't make you stop doing it. That doesn't mean it's ok to that.

Other factions do that as well. Isn't it part of the fun to find out inRP they are related with the factions while being undercover?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Demonic - 10-23-2016

Right, because everyone can dump 250M worth equipement piece on their every ship. Sigh. Nevermind. Oh and, my opinion about your group is based on what I see and hear by myself, so don't blame it on others.

That's all I want to say, Howgh.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 08:54 PM)Demonic Wrote: Right, because everyone can dump 250M worth equipement piece on their every ship. Sigh. Nevermind. Oh and, my opinion about your group is based on what I see and hear by myself, so don't blame it on others.

You literally just said so yourself that we should 'thank our reputation'

Anyway. Sombra has the idea. It's relaxing to not be tagged, and what exactly are you afraid of beyond the cargo smuggling? Most of our ships won't do anything unlawful in House Space beyond Liberty, unless we caught unlawfuls or other unlawful action - so we don't get in trouble with the local government.

Cargo scanners don't cost a lot, and the cargo scanner is pretty good, 12k scan range, 6.5k cargo scan.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sombs - 12-17-2016

Hi. There is a little problem where we might need to find a concensus about the results of the search of the Apahanta. Like, Ace is currently busy with other things and didn't even manage to give me an answer about whether we continue later or if we should sum it up now, for quite a while now. I'm hesitant to log the Apahanta right now as I'm not a fan of temporal inconsistencies and all that.

De facto, there is actually nothing weird to find on the ship, aside from APM technology found in any other Mako. Whatever Auxesia was looking for, it is not on the Apahanta. Maybe Ace can sum all that up later in a debriefing transmission in the Eido Network, though. I'd just want to go on with it, though. (sun)

RE: A/) - Feedback - TickTack - 12-25-2016

Hi there, I thought I'd be constructive and post ways in which I think Auxesia could improve as well as some concerns about the faction itself.

Firstly I'd like to point this out :
(12-16-2016, 05:18 PM)Auzari Wrote: Remind me again, why does the Commune know to ask people to watch/ask about Inverness/Kansas for Aux?

There has been zero interaction in those systems on either (C~ or A/). How would they even know about it to ask in the first place?

(12-16-2016, 06:21 PM)Auzari Wrote: I'm asking you why you know how to question Inverness during those 'interrogations' - and somehow knew BEFOREHAND to ask about the specific systems with NO BACKGROUND RP.

You don't have any forum roleplay. You barely have in-game roleplay or encounters with the opposing faction.

Again, it's funny how you target the specific systems with poor reasoning. I'm capitalising the keypoints here.

Oh well, you've given me your answer.

I make these two quotes because what you accuse the faction I'm in of is metagameing (Though this is not the case), this however is something I believe your faction quiet frequently does, allow me to elaborate.

During our second encounter in Bretonia Sapphire Raven says this

Quote:[06.12.823 A.S 19:33:57] BPA)Steve.Judge: Gentllemen ets not forget our combined cause
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:02] (C~Skywolf.02: Do we have a deal?
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:07] BPA)Steve.Judge: We have a mutual goal
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:12] Sapphire.Raven: No you don't.
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:15] Sapphire.Raven: They kiss the Nomads.

I would like to know how Aux knew this without a single piece of evidence to support it in their logs not to mention having no in-game encounters where a nomad was present. It also seems to be a trend as I've also herd from others who flew Wilde ships with no nomad tech saying how your group declared them infected on the second encounter with no evidence to support it apart from the Wilde ID they have.

Additionally there was more metagameing I encountered from your group though it was a good while ago, I refer of course to a sanction I reported shown here. Normally I don't file sanctions but in this case I felt his behavior warranted one. I also found it particularly disappointing when I found that only requests for evidence were posted and not one single post was made to say the member in question was spoken to or had the rules explained to him. There wasn't even so much as an apology from either faction and when I later learned that the said member was still in both factions with no repercussions to his rank it made me think. It made me think that maybe you guys actually want members like this in your faction and that you guys want to ruin people's role play, but that's just my 2 cents.

Next I'd like to talk about your ZOI, at the moment Auxesia doesn't seem to have a ZOI and I'd like to know the reasoning behind why such a small faction has such a large ZOI. I mean if you spread a large army over a even larger area then it can be defeated easily simply because other factions have large armies in smaller areas so they can bring more ships to a fight where as your faction would have it's assets too far spread apart. I also don't understand why your faction needs such a large ZOI and even so, don't you think that's a bit overpowered for an ID?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Vendetta - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 02:30 AM)TickTack Wrote: Hi there, I thought I'd be constructive and post ways in which I think Auxesia could improve as well as some concerns about the faction itself.

Firstly I'd like to point this out :
(12-16-2016, 05:18 PM)Auzari Wrote: Remind me again, why does the Commune know to ask people to watch/ask about Inverness/Kansas for Aux?

There has been zero interaction in those systems on either (C~ or A/). How would they even know about it to ask in the first place?

(12-16-2016, 06:21 PM)Auzari Wrote: I'm asking you why you know how to question Inverness during those 'interrogations' - and somehow knew BEFOREHAND to ask about the specific systems with NO BACKGROUND RP.

You don't have any forum roleplay. You barely have in-game roleplay or encounters with the opposing faction.

Again, it's funny how you target the specific systems with poor reasoning. I'm capitalising the keypoints here.

Oh well, you've given me your answer.

I make these two quotes because what you accuse the faction I'm in of is metagameing (Though this is not the case), this however is something I believe your faction quiet frequently does, allow me to elaborate.

During our second encounter in Bretonia Sapphire Raven says this

Quote:[06.12.823 A.S 19:33:57] BPA)Steve.Judge: Gentllemen ets not forget our combined cause
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:02] (C~Skywolf.02: Do we have a deal?
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:07] BPA)Steve.Judge: We have a mutual goal
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:12] Sapphire.Raven: No you don't.
[06.12.823 A.S 19:34:15] Sapphire.Raven: They kiss the Nomads.

I would like to know how Aux knew this without a single piece of evidence to support it in their logs not to mention having no in-game encounters where a nomad was present. It also seems to be a trend as I've also herd from others who flew Wilde ships with no nomad tech saying how your group declared them infected on the second encounter with no evidence to support it apart from the Wilde ID they have.

Hello. Happy Festivus.

Now let's begin.

The Commune is an organization that we've interacted with as a faction and prior to the faction being formed. I myself and my character had some extensive roleplay with Andre Rise and the others around the time the Commune had formed. Within history and knowing that they're the remnants of the Samarran Raiders through talks and discovery over the past year, and knowing that they 'intend to continue where they left off' as Nomak had put it in one encounter over a year ago now, it's safe to assume that we're not friends.

Now take in to consideration a video of Jared Nomak assisting the Nomads: bloop

Next, take in to consideration Commune ships opening fire on us with known and unknown wild vessels present in Coronado. This is known as guilt by association. When one party operates in close proximity to a known infectee, effectively serving as a teammate or associate - as the term plainly states - it's once again safe to assume they too are either indoctrinated or infected.

Now this is all well and before you had returned to the server.

(12-25-2016, 02:30 AM)TickTack Wrote: Additionally there was more metagameing I encountered from your group though it was a good while ago, I refer of course to a sanction I reported shown here. Normally I don't file sanctions but in this case I felt his behavior warranted one. I also found it particularly disappointing when I found that only requests for evidence were posted and not one single post was made to say the member in question was spoken to or had the rules explained to him. There wasn't even so much as an apology from either faction and when I later learned that the said member was still in both factions with no repercussions to his rank it made me think. It made me think that maybe you guys actually want members like this in your faction and that you guys want to ruin people's role play, but that's just my 2 cents.

This sanction was heavily discussed and reviewed by myself and the other members of the high command. We won't punish people by demoting them without a roleplay specific reason behind it or kick them out for anything minor. These situations are handled behind the scenes because drama is irritating.

And no, we're not out to ruin the game for people.

(12-25-2016, 02:30 AM)TickTack Wrote: Next I'd like to talk about your ZOI, at the moment Auxesia doesn't seem to have a ZOI and I'd like to know the reasoning behind why such a small faction has such a large ZOI. I mean if you spread a large army over a even larger area then it can be defeated easily simply because other factions have large armies in smaller areas so they can bring more ships to a fight where as your faction would have it's assets too far spread apart. I also don't understand why your faction needs such a large ZOI and even so, don't you think that's a bit overpowered for an ID?

Our ZOI is Sirius wide and our ID is severely limited on what we can actually do. We don't have a fixed base location. Being able to spread in small numbers and move freely between three of the four houses (currently) is our strength, as we can blend in with regular traffic and space ourselves out rather than collectively grouping together and making ourselves a much larger target. Conclaves of people exist in several safehouse locations and other outposts as central hubs of communication and commerce as the faction further develops its culture and a standing ground.

More on that will be discussed soon™.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 12-25-2016

I'd also like to add that we've seen the Commune helped the Nomad multiple times. It isn't a mystery to us, the most recent being that they helped during the JH event, and furthest being back in the Core| - Jared Nomak came up to Raven and asked to follow her to Iota system/convert to the Nomads - which was about two years ago. Then they duked it out and Nomak lost. So there's a lot of history.

As for the Wilde ships, I know that a certain someone has a certain grudge against us - and they seem to forget that carrying Nomadic items on their ships, and equipment, and then using telepathy pretty much sets off a marker. If I see a wild player - WITHOUT any Nomadic equipment - or if I HAVEN'T encountered them, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Except Wesker. He made me regret doing that. He shot me. What a rude guy (^:

(Don't forget that IDs aren't oorp by the rules. )

Most Wild ships are known from previous fights, because they did get involved with a lot of them, or are just way too obvious.

Concerning ZOI, we're operatives - just like the Order in some regard. We're not invaders, it isn't Gallia, it isn't a house. Information and resources is a major driver in the faction's lore. The goal isn't to lead places with an iron fist, but rather to gather technology and information, more or less sneaky angry librarians. Of course, technology is limited in some regards, such as bounty hunting. In lore, disposable ships such as Borderworlds tech is used.

And pfffft, our ID is nowhere near OP.