Discovery Gaming Community
Launcher Addition requests - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Launcher Addition requests (/showthread.php?tid=142080)

Pages: 1 2

Launcher Addition requests - evanz - 08-13-2016

Just an idea, as I had recently a cash character lost that was maxed out,

yes my bad,

my idea is on the launcher to show a date when a character was last logged either by the last logged date and time or perhaps a countdown or something

RE: Launcher Addition requests - Sombs - 08-13-2016

You usually can find that indirectly via dsace.log, as you usually write something in the chat when you're logged in, be it RP-text or a command. Just open the logs and search for the last command you did.

RE: Launcher Addition requests - evanz - 08-13-2016

if it was set to append yes, but if players dont have that then it wouldn't work

just a simple column on launcher to show date/time would be easier

RE: Launcher Addition requests - St.Denis - 08-13-2016

Wouldn't it just be easier to keep a spreadsheet, on your desktop, in which you record the date each Ship was logged?

RE: Launcher Addition requests - evanz - 08-13-2016

i was going to do that, but then i started thinking about the players, that might not have the means to do that, hence my idea

RE: Launcher Addition requests - sindroms - 08-13-2016

I wish there was a one-time payment of, say, 500 000 000$ to disable the inactivity-vipe for that character.

RE: Launcher Addition requests - Durandal - 08-13-2016

(08-13-2016, 11:10 AM)sindroms Wrote: I wish there was a one-time payment of, say, 500 000 000$ to disable the inactivity-vipe for that character.

This is actually a really, really good idea considering all the moaning and groaning about a lack of cash sinks I always hear about. Which I guess is true, considering Karst supposedly was a multi billionaire.

I also highly doubt we have to worry about HD space now that the server isn't maxed out every day and there are probably significantly less existing player files, so I don't really see a downside to it.

RE: Launcher Addition requests - Thyrzul - 08-14-2016

(08-13-2016, 11:45 AM)Durandal Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 11:10 AM)sindroms Wrote: I wish there was a one-time payment of, say, 500 000 000$ to disable the inactivity-vipe for that character.

This is actually a really, really good idea considering all the moaning and groaning about a lack of cash sinks I always hear about.

Cash loss upon (cap)ship death?

RE: Launcher Addition requests - TheShooter36 - 08-14-2016

please no

RE: Launcher Addition requests - Mickk - 08-14-2016

Interesting idea, it would definitely be useful for people who have more ships/accounts than I do.

I have one account/6 six ships and I try to fly all of them for at least 5 minutes every month or so, just to keep them current.