Discovery Gaming Community
Way too many rules!! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Way too many rules!! (/showthread.php?tid=142399)

Pages: 1 2

Way too many rules!! - Lelantos - 08-22-2016

I don't understand why I have to roleplay? I am tagged as a freelancer, I'm here to explore and learn the mod! Today I was passing through stuttgart and was ripped up one side and down the other fornot roleplaying! Was told I wasbreaking all kinds of rules, I should not be on this RP server, we don't want your kind here, can't use a smilely face or exclamation point in regular chat! I was told I would be hearing fromadministration and be banned! If that's the case, so be it, I don't need to be on this server, you got a great mod here, too many rules and ppl that threaten other players for no good reason.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Tabris - 08-22-2016

This is a Role-Playing server, meaning players are expected to get 'in-character' and role-play their character(s). This is how the mod progresses and new things come into play. I am sorry if this was not what you were expecting but that's the rules of the game. By breaking the rules you break the immersion other players have and ruin the game for them, thus making it not fun for those around you.

If you are going to continue to play on the server I highly recommend you read this: Discovery Forum & Server Rules

RE: Way too many rules!! - Venkman - 08-22-2016

You should read and play by the rules, if you refuse to do that you will eventually get banned. I don't understand what's wrong in having the rules.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Reid - 08-22-2016

Sorry to hear that your first day kind of sucked, but we try to be a bit newbie friendly. Discovery is a roleplaying server with a somewhat dynamic story. Roleplaying advances the game and keeps things rolling without stagnating too much. If you don't really want to roleplay, there are non-roleplaying Discovery servers out there, but you'd be missing out on a lot by avoiding the main server. Like the others said, give the rules a read over (they're really not as difficult as they first come off as) and if you think it's a good fit, feel free to give it another shot.

Though I've gotta point out

(08-22-2016, 07:21 PM)Lelantos Wrote: I was told I would be hearing fromadministration and be banned!

Whoever said this is in the wrong. People can't go around saying that you'll get reported or you'll get banned, because it's 1) against the rules and 2) Really bloody rude of them. You'll find people like that unfortunately, but that's part of playing online. If you have screenshots of that interaction and want the admins to know, you can go ahead and file a sanction report using the template. Though most of the time minor rule breakings go unreported since people shrug it off.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Lelantos - 08-23-2016

Thx all for the replies. There is some very good advice in your posts! I am learning the hard way of not following the rules. I have looked them over again and shall try to abide by them,(or end up in bastille, again,If I get out). Roleplay means just that and I have to remember that and get into the game.
Thx all

Lelantos

RE: Way too many rules!! - Trivjum - 08-23-2016

If you have any questions, we've got the Angel players dedicated to helping you. I can also help you whenever you want, if you find any ship called Trivjum ingame, that's me or you can send me a PM on the forum and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions or help you out.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Yber - 08-23-2016

Common sense sums up most of the rules.

Don't cheat.
Follow your ID.
Act in character.
Don't be mean to people.

And then there're some specifics regarding bountyhunting, pirating and pvp, but they're fairly easy to learn.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Eurobeat - 08-23-2016

Don't take it too seriously when someone says "you will be banned after I report you" - administrators are not monsters
When this happens, either ask yourself what could have upset the other person, or ask the community (basically what you're doing right here)

also:
(08-22-2016, 07:21 PM)Lelantos Wrote: I am tagged as a freelancer

FYI a freelancer in game is someone who works for himself for money

RE: Way too many rules!! - Tunicle - 08-23-2016

If you are getting threatened please feel free to let admins know. We are a role playing server, we do have rules but we should also remember new people join and need to find their feet.

It is a game and people are behind the screen, a little good manners does not hurt anyone.

RE: Way too many rules!! - Black Widow - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:28 PM)Tabris Wrote: This is a Role-Playing server, meaning players are expected to get 'in-character' and role-play their character(s). This is how the mod progresses and new things come into play. I am sorry if this was not what you were expecting but that's the rules of the game. By breaking the rules you break the immersion other players have and ruin the game for them, thus making it not fun for those around you.

If you are going to continue to play on the server I highly recommend you read this: Discovery Forum & Server Rules

@Tabris
No No No

What you should be doing it attacking those that rule lawyered Lelantos rather than him for breaking some of the rules because he is new.

@Lelantos

I would ignore anyone that tries to dictate the rules to you infact for them to do that is against the rules and you could report them for it. Its called Rule Lawyering and people should not be doing that to you, also unfortunately this is not a mod where you can do what you want either like on other servers as it is RP orientated. So if you wanna survive here you have to adjust to it.

If anyone tries to rule lawyer me I just tell them to eff off because life is too short to be micro managing everyone on the server or letting others micro manage you.

I would advise maybe joining a faction first as its the best to see how the mod really works. You will quickly learn the ins and outs of the mod and how you can give the minimum amount of RP in order to justify anything you do.