Discovery Gaming Community
Fair warning - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Fair warning (/showthread.php?tid=142736)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Fair warning - Durandal - 09-01-2016

This is the kind of show the admin team is running. Be sure to spread it around Skype before it gets invis'd, since they can't deal with the criticism that comes from transparency.

http://pastebin.com/q7YADdhr

RE: Fair warning - Arioch - 09-01-2016

I see both sides. On one side, it's ALWAYS been common knowledge, on both Admin and I assume Dev side that you don't modify .ini files on the live server, as it flags the anticheat. The admins have ALWAYS issued tempbans for people who flag the anti cheat, then we discuss with them and then unban if it wasn't intentional/harmful.

On the flip side, the matter of distrust I don't agree with, as we should all trust eachother (Devs and Admins), and after Danny provided his answer, the tempban should've been lifted then and there - sadly there was a delay at which point Danny saw he was banned.

Hope that sheds some light.

RE: Fair warning - Durandal - 09-01-2016

The ban happened long after Danny saw and responded, so no.

RE: Fair warning - Ace Razgriz - 09-01-2016

An anti-cheat trigger is an anti-cheat trigger. Do you expect to get a live rep the first time you call some big company? No, the automatic system takes care of it first, where you then go to the staff to get it fixed. Same applies for disco, an anti-cheat trigger is an anti-cheat trigger.

If you'd rather discuss this in a more civil manner, maybe you need to go see nyx's thread justin.

EDIT: it appears he has gone to go and be un-civil in the civil thread.

RE: Fair warning - Thunderer - 09-01-2016

To me, it rather looks like Justin Hopkins was at fault, rather than the admins. I agree that no one should be allowed to change the .ini files on this server, even the devs. And the admins. I think it is fairly obvious they don't use their kitty guns to shoot at rule-abiding players. Treating all players equally is good, but devs shouldn't become devs if they aren't trusted.

RE: Fair warning - Vendetta - 09-01-2016

I mean seeing Danny get hit with a sanction for doing dev things is pretty ironic considering other devs who have violated the rules had their reports and behavior completely ignored. (:

RE: Fair warning - Jayce - 09-01-2016

>always

Bollocks. I had a CSV with 3 engine flares and a modified cmp for 2 years, and nobody batted an eye.

RE: Fair warning - Durandal - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 09:46 PM)Thunderer Wrote: To me, it rather looks like Justin Hopkins was at fault, rather than the admins. I agree that no one should be allowed to change the .ini files on this server, even the devs. And the admins. I think it is fairly obvious they don't use their kitty guns to shoot at rule-abiding players.

Hi, that's me. I'm pretty sure I'm not at fault and I'd like to assume you have a high enough IQ to understand the logical fallacy involved in assuming the devs will abuse things while the admin team will not.

RE: Fair warning - Traxit - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 09:47 PM)Jayce Wrote: Bollocks. I had a CSV with 3 engine flares and a modified cmp for 2 years, and nobody batted an eye.
ban this toxic member of the community!!!

RE: Fair warning - Ace Razgriz - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 09:47 PM)Durandal Wrote: Hi, that's me. I'm pretty sure I'm not at fault and I'd like to assume you have a high enough IQ to understand the logical fallacy involved in assuming the devs will abuse things while the admin team will not.

Would you, as a member of the staff not know there is an automatic system in place for temp-banning individuals who trigger an anti-CHEAT? He was unsanctioned after he actually talked to a member of the staff about it, it is something so seriously minor that you are making such a big fuss right now. As vendetta said, I could drag out other dev's that haven't been banned for violating rules, but i digress.