Discovery Gaming Community
In the shadows... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: In the shadows... (/showthread.php?tid=142979)

In the shadows... - Epo - 09-07-2016

◤ → personal datapad, owner unknown

[Image: hgXDx3k.png]

⤙⤙⤙⦓ .......................date - na..................... ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ .........log identifier - #441200001A......... ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ..................video - negative................ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ..............type - voice recording............ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ................codename - centauri............ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ................attached data - text............. ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ........................displaying.................. ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]

→ voice recording

*You can hear a soft woman voice*

Stars.
They're surrounding us.
Lights.
Flashing witnesses of eternity.
Lies.
The expression of life.
Guides in the dark.
Or companions of our last breaths.

Those words mean nothing. Those words are nothing.
Until you find their true meaning. Until you find the True Light.
When you learn to follow it. To serve the Light.
When you leave the stars behind. The false ones.
To set a flame. In heart of winter.
When the world goes cold. When the silent layers of white cover it's past. It's present day. It's future.
The true life is born below the ice. Surrounded by giants. And finally, surrounded by lights.
The full circle continues.

→ attached text message

Ϳ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────Ϳ
───────────────────────────• • •───────────────────────────
Those words have been repeated for so many times. Yesterday, today and so it will be tomorrow. Those words are just a small step forward. A step forward towards the goal we all hope to achieve. To solve the puzzle. Will we succeed? I don't know. How should I know that?

The Lights are speaking, but not the way we've wanted to. Not when we've wanted to. They're playing a game with us. A waiting game. Which side will be the more patient one?

We all feel like some kids in kindergarten, so blind, so naive. Did I use the correct words? Was it a doubt? No, I don't think so. That's just another day in the world we live. Another day in the way we're going through.

All we can do is to keep writing the Codex, a word after word, a line after line. To keep our traditions alive. In hope to help our successors to find the thing we failed to find. In hope to provide all the informations we needed to know. Back then. Back now. Back in the very moment I was speaking that.

The Codex. It's been a while since the day my father gave it to me. I remember that day. Fresh air at the planet that became home for our nation, but not the place where I was born. No, I wasn't born there. I came here later.

I returned from a flight that day. My first one. Alive. It was enough to prove my value... Or maybe not? Maybe there's something I don't know. I was given a chance. I took it. I walked towards to meet my destiny.

The Codex. This word is misleading. It isn't meant to regulate our existance. It's just a place, where all our stories are being stored. It's a database of feelings, thoughts, opinions... Writen in a unusual language. Random people are not able to read it. We've made new words. We've had a lot of time to practice and get perfect in it. Each letter means something, be it an important note or not. And it took quite a while for me to learn how to use them properly. Definitely not the easiest, but necessary and worth putting effort task.

There are two codexes in fact. The one I got was just an encoded tip to find the true one. We wouldn't be that careless to put the whole history on a sheet of paper. Yes. A sheet of paper. Such a unusual tip, isn't it? A random collection of dots, letters and symbols. There is no basis to think that there's something more behind it. Just a poster. Just a symbol. And much more in the very same time.

Life's full of mysteries. It's up to you if you find them. It's up to you if you follow their call. It's up to you if you're going to look for the long forgotten story. Many could say it's a fairy tale. But we believe it. And we're looking for it.

We are not that numenous - just a bunch of fighters spread around the Sirius. Flying under false names. Faking our daily activities. We're devoted to our cause. And we'll finish what we've started. Sooner or later, but we will.

We've passed a long way since our beginning. And there's still a long way to go. We will not look back. We will step further. Until we find the Eternal Winter.

- As it all goes cold.

→ end of first entry ◢

RE: In the shadows... - Epo - 09-11-2016

◤ → personal datapad, 2nd entry

[Image: hgXDx3k.png]

⤙⤙⤙⦓ .......................date - na..................... ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ .........log identifier - #441200002A......... ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ..................video - negative................ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ..............type - voice recording............ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ................codename - centauri............ ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ................attached data - text............. ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]
⤙⤙⤙⦓ ........................displaying.................. ⦔⤚⤚⤚[][][][][][]

→ voice recording

*You can hear a soft woman voice*

Tracks in destruction.
Lights will show the way.
We'll find our destiny.

→ attached text message

Someone wrote it in the Codex. What does it mean? Are we to spread this destruction? Or maybe to look for it? What kind of destruction?

Systems are full of various types of 'destruction'. From ship wrecks, station ones... That's in term of what already happened. Speaking about human-made things, maybe mines? Are minefields the key we're looking for?

Maybe we shouldn't look for human-made objects. Maybe it's the radiation? But what would we find there? What are we even looking for? Are those words a good track?

Lights... Is it about starsphere? Should we look for certain constellation of stars? Is it somewhere there? If that's so, we won't be able to reach it. Travelling by jump holes is connected to some dangers, but is much easier and faster.

Are jump drives the key? Even if they are... Snubcrafts are not able to operate them. We'll need a capital vessel. A god damn battleship! And crew for it... No, I hope they are not. It's out of our range and I'm not sure whether it will ever be in our range. Definitely not today.

Lets focus on something, what's closer. Maybe some stars which are in our range? After all there's a plenty of systems we can enter already. More or less difficult, but possible. Maybe we'll find some hints there? That's what we should be able to check.

Speaking about destruction again... Are we to go and spread violence? Are we to go somewhere and just wipe out whatever we can? That will need some effort, but is that so? Is that what needs to be done? Are we to become murderers? Well, our nation is rather violent, because it's needed. We're fighting for survival, we're fighting for resouces and so we are for vengeance. But... What's our target? Corsairs? Trading corporations? Maybe house militaries? There's a wide range of choice.

Maybe it's all connected to each other? Maybe we are to go to a certain system, with a certain station wreck inside and kill a certain person exactly there? Maybe... Or maybe not.

I'll give it a try. But where should I go? Omicrons? Taus? House systems? Or maybe... Sigmas? Hmm... Sigma-13 and its gas fields may be what we're looking for. Explosive gases could be the 'destruction' we're looking for. Rumors say there's also a wrecked depot somewhere, if that's true, it would be even more suitable. Also it's two suns. Is it the light we're looking for?

Frankly, I have no idea. It's still better to move than sit idle after all. I'll go there even if that's a false trail. It's relatively close, a few days of flying. The flight will be difficult... I hope that my shield will resist all those damned gas explosions. If not... Well, then it will be a very short travel.

Well... There's a mapping operation incoming then. Time to grab some stuff.

→ end of entry ◢