Discovery Gaming Community
Windows 10 ISO problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 ISO problems (/showthread.php?tid=143323)

Windows 10 ISO problems - Enkidu - 09-18-2016

Howdy. I've been installing freelancer from an ISO, and it appears to install fine, but when running or uninstalling the game, it doesn't load the game, and when uninstalling, crashes.

Does anybody have solutions? Thank you.

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Kalhmera - 09-18-2016

I dont mean to be rude, but its windows 10.. this is why i have not upgraded my tower.. hopefully someone here can help you.

Is that constructive..? - KB

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Niall Dunne - 09-18-2016

Don't listen to him, Windows 10 runs many things very well.

First off, ISOs can be unreliable pieces of illegal software. You may have an infected copy. Maybe someone close by you has a disc copy of Freelancer they can give you so you can install it? I have a copy but we are strangers, and I don't mail stuff.

Now, you may wish to take your inquiry to one of the techies of Disco, I'm certain one of those might be one of the Devs or Admins.

In another solution, you might want to take your search to Google about that. "My ISO doesn't work in Windows 10."

Edit: Also, I posted on the wrong account, but it is alright as it doesn't jeopardize my anonymity.

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Corile - 09-18-2016

Yes.

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Alley - 09-18-2016

I doubt Windows 10 itself is the issue here, remember the original game doesn't have all the patches and fixes that are automatically included in discovery and other still alive mods.
In case of doubt I can only recomment getting the Freelancer iso you can find on TheIsoZone. This one has been verified and it's the recommended one to use if you don't have an original disk.

Remember to install in administrator mode as well.

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Skorak - 09-18-2016

Are you trying to run vanilla Freelancer?

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - evanz - 09-18-2016

i guess that you are "mounting" the iso?,

i remember a few months back that my windows 7 did a "critical" update, in one of the updates it stopped the ability to "mount" any iso/disk images, (which i found and removed)

could that cause an issue in windows 10 if its built in?

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - BOB - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:47 AM)Erinyes/Tanith Wrote: it doesn't load the game, and when uninstalling, crashes.

What does it do?

Does the Freelancer process start when you run it? Check in task manager under processes
When the uninstall crashes does it give you any kind of error.

I would try another iso like others have suggested.

Oh, and W10 runs FL fine, just like it runs just about anything that ran on 7.

RE: Windows 10 ISO problems - Ichiru - 09-26-2016

If you're running Vanilla, make sure to delete or rename "My Documents/My Games/Freelancer" because the discovery settings in there will make vanilla crash.

Also, try adding a no-cd patch. That might make FL happier.