Discovery Gaming Community
To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission (/showthread.php?tid=143448)

To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - The Archangels Fighter Club - 09-22-2016

[Image: l3P7UWY.gif]

TO: DANKIEN MOEBUS

Good Evening,

This is a quick transmission to inform you about important news on Newport station.
We must inform you urgently about the current situation that we will be soon experiencing.

The Gas Miners Guild have reached a decision to try to blockade and take over the base. If you know the GMG well, you know they have dealings with slaves that go against both our views on them.
This may be a very bad thing for the research and services you are conducting but we are doing our very best at the moment to protect our guests including yourselves.

We request if you know of any help that you can contact, to please do so. We need all the help we can get for either supplies or reinforcements.
We will do everything in our power to protect both of our interests and in turn grow stronger together.

May we both prosper. This will pass.
Cheers,

RE: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - moebus - 09-22-2016

[Image: 4LwX8F6.gif]
[Image: TIFqayi.gif]

To: Sunny
Topic: Newport Situation
Encryption: High

Good day,

this is indeed sad news. But what is going on with GMG? This guild is usually peaceful with independent groups. Did something happen?
Note that I am not familiar with GMG business. We did not investigate about their labor force yet. If you have information of course I will interested.

I don't have contacts in groups that could provide some military assistance but maybe some of my contacts could help to restore diplomatic relations with GMG. I am thinking to zoners and IMG. Also, maybe I could contact the Order, they could also help with diplomacy. If things go right, we could manage a meeting for peace with some mediator between you and GMG.

Let me know if you want to go that way.

Regarding the supplies, I am pretty sure the Seraphim could break the embargo and deliver goods to Newport.

Best,
Dankien Moebus

RE: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - The Archangels Fighter Club - 09-22-2016

Good Day,

Allow me to go into the specifics later, for now I can summarize:

The GMG had contacted us as the administrator of the base and stated since there were supply depot crates outside if the base, that was the equivalent to a addition/expansion to the station. The Guild had escalated the situation from being a mater of low profile to a matter of illegal construction, and finally into stating they will be taking over the station.

With the Club's interests in mind as well as my guests, I could not let this happen at all. My Vice President had try to reason with them peacefully but they are stubborn into stating they cannot allow us control of the station. Apparently cargo boxes are a sign of forceful take-over of their space.

In short, they had left us no room for discussion as we felt being pressured into a tight corner. We had little options left.

In terms of the Guild's labor force, from my understanding they acquire large amounts of slaves. This, and perhaps a little more, is the best of my knowledge on the subject at the moment. All-in-all, it was an additional factor we went through into seeing giving up this station to them was a bad idea.

In terms of diplomatic solutions, we will probably wait and see how the situation unfolds so we can react accordingly.
Your offer to break the embargo is greatly appreciated, however. Supplies on Newport are going well, though if there is a blockade out there, we do not want to take chances in our men starving out here.

If you are indeed up for it with your men, we will arrange this to unfold.

Let's do what we can,
Cheers,

RE: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - moebus - 09-22-2016

I see... It reminds me some similar experiences we, zoners, had with several governments. Usually, they claim we host in our freeports hostile persons that threat their populations. Such claim is often hard to prove because people come and go to freeports.
In your case the claim is different, but it could be simply because they did not succeed to prove you hosted black-listed persons. So they focus on the new depot. It might also be something entirely different, like an upcoming election of GMG masters, so one of them want to appear strong and or divert the attention from more serious internal problems.

Nevertheless, considering the proximity of Helgoland, I cannot imagine they need Newport.
I fear it will be difficult to solve this issue with GMG unless you know what is truly going on.
The good thing is that unless you are serious threat to GMG, and I don't think you are, soon or later GMG will loose its interest in this matter.

Dankien Moebus

RE: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - The Archangels Fighter Club - 09-22-2016

Good Day,

We may hope they will loose interest in this matter, though as it stands now, we are actually on the top of their hostile list in their laws, believe it or not.
I will be monitoring the situation and we will have patrols lurking to make sure nothing happens to the base. While this is going on we wont open offensive fire on them but only stay on the defense. Even so, I doubt this issue will be closed soon.

Please be patient though with this. I do not believe this will be ruining your business while on the station. If it does, please let me know.

On our part, we do apologies it had to come to this situation, though let us hope things get better.
We will do everything we can to maintain business and keep everyone safe.

Cheers,

RE: To: Seraphim | From: {AFC}- | Important Transmission - moebus - 09-26-2016

Ok, no worry, we will wait and see how it evolves. And anyway, we spend most of the time flying far away from Sigma 13 so I don't think it will seriously affect our business. I will let you know if I learn something useful.

See you,
Dankien Moebus