Discovery Gaming Community
The Red, the Drunk and the Green - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Red, the Drunk and the Green (/showthread.php?tid=143626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Red, the Drunk and the Green - Username removed - 09-26-2016

The doors to the Barrier Gate bar open, and in the doorway stands a tall man of average body build, with black boots, black jeans with a black belt with a silvery buckle, a black shirt and a black leather jacket. A small black beard and short, black hair. The unmistakable features of Redfire.

The man takes a short look around before he walks into the bar.

He walks up to the bartender and asks him to come closer.

I am just here for a talk, but the guy is probably drunk and might get aggressive, I don't plan to cause any trouble but take this and tell security to stand ready.

The man hands the bartender a credit card.

After this, the man turns around and starts looking for Xalo.

RE: The Red, the Drunk and the Green - Shalo - 09-26-2016

Xalo noticed redfire entering from a table at the corner of the bar, it was more then obvious who he was. That flashy style and looks was clearly Redfire. This was also a once in a lifetime event, Xalo was at a bar -without- any whiskey on his hand. He walked over to redfire. So are you ready to say you're sorry for that comm you sent me?

RE: The Red, the Drunk and the Green - Username removed - 09-26-2016

Redfire was leaning against the bar counter when Xalo walked up to him.

Redfire points to the security near the entrance in the bar.

In case the alcohol blurred your vision, those guys are security.

Start a fight with me here, and if you're lucky, they'll put you in a cell until you've sobered up enough to get kicked out of the station.

If you're unlucky, they'll just toss you out the nearest airlock.

I suggest you go back to sit where you were and talk things out like civilized folk.

The two security guards who were in position, have been keeping an eye on the two colonels and nodded

Come on over to my table, i ordered a steak for myself a bit before you got here.I would have ordered something for you from the bathroom since it is the kind of stuff you like talking about, but i decided not to, maybe you had grown some sense. Before xalo heads over to his table, he looks at the bartender sending him some sort of signal, then he puts some credit cards, in the value of around 5 million credits, on the counter. After xalo sits by his table, the bartender starts telling the clients and the security to leave the bar. A while later , only Xalo and Redfire remained in the bar.

Redfire walks with Xalo at the table, and Redfire seats himself on the other end, so that the two men face each other.

Redfire lets out some air out his nose, and smiles towards Xalo.

I guess talking is off the freaking table.

Redfire lashes out at Xalo, grabs his head and bites him in the forehead.

Xalo squirmed in agony when Redfire bit him. He mustered his strenghs and punched Redfire in the stomach , giving him some free space. He then grabbed a switchblade he had in his jacket and stabbed Redfire in the arm. He then pushed him away. Well i guess this proves it. You and Flora and both planning on killing me aren't you?

Redfire shouts in pain as he retracts from Xalo.

The leather jacket kept the blade from cutting in too deep, but did damage nonetheless.

Redfire stands up, covering his wound with the other hand and stares Xalo in the eyes.

If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn't have let you know I was coming in the first place.

Redfire grabs a bottle of hard alcohol left over from the clientele on a table while keeping his eyes on Xalo, and he pours the alcohol over his wound.

Breathing heavily, Redfire tries to subdue the pain and form a coherent sentence.

You are not the man I used to work with.

The Xalo I fought along with back on Leeds disappeared. He might as well be dead already.

I am staring at an alcohol addict.

You are nothing but a shadow of your former self.

Making credits and making FL-ER grow?
Redfire scoffs

Wasting your credits and life away in bars is the only thing you've been doing lately.

As Redfire regains some manner of his strength, he grabs a chair and smacks Xalo in the chest with it, knocking the switchblade from his hand.

Wasting money? A shadow of my former self? Redfire you don't get it. Xalo grabbed the knife he had on his table next to the plate with food. I live how i want to! I spend MY MONEY how i damn well want to. I spent the last two years shaking hands and working to make [FL-ER] grow. I'm tired. I want to rest , drink and make bets. I DESERVE IT. Xalo sighs . You come lecture me about what i've been doing? You are befriending someone who has tried to kill half of us. Maybe you don't remember because YOU WERE IN JAIL. Of course you still have the audacity to talk about me.

Redfire kicks the knife from Xalo's hand and runs towards him.

Redfire grabs Xalo by his torso, and hurls him over the table.

Muffled screams, sounds of broken glass and falling cutlery are heard through the door as the two men brawl with each other.

After a healthy exchange of fists, the two men break apart from each other to catch their breath.

While you were drinking and making bets, the Nomads attacked freaking Stuttgart!

They got as far as the planet itself!

And guess what, they were not alone, infected humans tagged along too, lots of them, cruisers, battleships, you name it, they had it thrown into the mix!

They got as far as the freaking planet Stuttgart itself, if you were reading my reports, or heck, even being sober enough to follow the news, you'd know that our boys in FL-ER were the only thing standing between an alien fleet and planet Stuttgart.

What do you think would've happened if we were all to follow your example and rot away in bars instead of "chasing nomads" as you called it?

FL-ER would stop existing. That would happen.

Redfires closes in on Xalo.

We won this battle, but what would have happened to those people down on Stuttgart had we lost? Things like this is what I've been trying to prepare us against!

This won't be the last time the Nomads will pull off a stunt like that, and next time we might not get lucky.

This is why I've been "chasing Nomads" So that when they invade us, like they've already done, that we may know how to defend against them! So they don't freaking eradicate us!

You speak about it as if I'm chasing imaginary ghosts.

If you think the Nomads are still a far away myth from the Edge Nebula and that we are safe in the Barrier, you need to get your sense of reality straightened up. My reports show just how fragile our existence is, and yet here we are fighting each other in a bar.

Look what all that whiskey has done to you.

You told me you got beaten up in another bar not so long ago, and here we are at it again.

Is this your idea of rest? What in the name of stars happened to you?

RE: The Red, the Drunk and the Green - Shalo - 09-27-2016

Oh bugger off! Do you honestly believe that this makes any difference? I couldn't care less about the nomads. If we are the last line of defense holding a planet, if our "eradication" depends on a militia of mercenaries. Then we might as well just spend our days at the bar because it is all useless. If freelancers like me are going to protect a system that a House Military can't, i'd rather spend my days drinking and resting because fighting those blue -things- won't get us anywhere. Xalo picked a bottle of vodka from one of the tables and hurled it at Redfire.