Discovery Gaming Community
how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) (/showthread.php?tid=143654)

how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - NoMe - 09-27-2016

hi all,

for this:

@NoMe has been sanctioned for:

Quote:
3.8 Cheating

Consequences: You have been banned from the server

You've modified the amount of ore you obtain from asteroids while mining which by now you should know its something that's not allowed here.

an idea on it?

thanks for answers

NoMe

RE: how much time? - sindroms - 09-27-2016

Your appeal is still being discussed.

You must understand that your presence on Disco is an oddity of its own and being here since 2011, you should have known much better than that.

RE: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - NoMe - 09-27-2016

ok, but you must know too, that in my eyes, i have not cheated. i was sure to be in the rules with my modification to 2.0

i mine since a moment, i know how it's long!

RE: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - sindroms - 09-27-2016

NoMe, frankly, at this point it has nothing to do what your opinion of the situation is. This is not up for discussion.

The server rules, ever since you joined, has forbidden modification of ini files to gain advantage over other players or to improve some sort of game action. Be it mining, camera angle, ship performance, field density and visual impact and so on. It has never changed. Blaming lack of knowledge of the server rules has never been an excuse and never will be. You are expected to know them to a degree to play on this server.

And the fact that you are saying that you do not feel like you have cheated does not lend any confidence in your appeal either.

RE: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - NoMe - 09-27-2016

just i want to know how much time i have to wait.

when you ban, you say or a week or a month or again 6 months. if it's 6 months permise me to log in like it i can give all my stuff and bases!

RE: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - Apollon - 09-27-2016

When you get permabanned all your ships and characters are forfeit.

I don't know what's the admin team's policy about PoBs. But I think you can give them to someone, I am not sure.

RE: how much time? (admin opinion appreciated) - Xenon - 09-28-2016

(09-27-2016, 10:12 AM)Ghostazarashi Wrote: When you get permabanned all your ships and characters are forfeit.

With all respect, these words of @"Ghostazarashi" are not true, and i would suggest for you @NoMe to wait until the admins discussion is ended, because the decision is up to them and it's not really necessary to have all your characters forfeit. It's a case by case issue and you might want to wait until they decide and give you the decision they made.
In case they gave you another chance, My suggestion for you is to abide the server rules and don't change anything at all.
Remember that when the admins or developers want to change something then they will do it themselves and they are not requiring you to change anything
If you touch your game files, then you will be considered cheater.
I would also suggest for you to ADMIT that this change you did was not the right thing to do and that you didn't understand that the files shouldn't be touched at all by the users.
When a change is implemented by the Developers then THEY ONLY will edit that in your game through the PATCHES and you are NOT ALLOWED to touch your game files again.

d'accord Smile