Discovery Gaming Community
CD cloak disruption ability? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: CD cloak disruption ability? (/showthread.php?tid=143674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

CD cloak disruption ability? - Mercury - 09-27-2016

Are there any plans to remove the ability of CDs to disrupt charging cloaks? I believe Cloak Disruptors could disrupt all cloaks charging or not and we could leave CDs for their original purpose: to disrupt cruise engines. What do you think?

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Sombs - 09-27-2016

I am a coward and support this!

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Mercury - 09-27-2016

Yea me too! Totally coward! Anyone else?

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Shelco - 09-27-2016

Not sure, of course CD's ar eemant for cruising and iit would technically make sense but cloaks would be OP then, it is a 100% guaranted escape if the opponent has no cloak disruptor, on the other hand, cloak disruptors would be bought more often which is profitable for thos ewho make them, i think we could at least try and then say if people like it or not and the majority wins, wohoo democracy.

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Kauket - 09-27-2016

Nope.

Otherwise cloaks will be an issue again. Particularly with the Nomads too when we have to deal with farmers.

Just be sneaky and subtle with the way you activate your cloak, it's fine as it is.

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Mercury - 09-27-2016

Got it

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-28-2016

(09-27-2016, 07:40 PM)Auzari Wrote: Nope.

Yeah you know CD spamming the hell out of Ships just so they can't cloak doesn't realy seem that you're much interested in the mechanics, but instead you just want an advantage which right now it fits you pretty well.

We implemented the Cloak Disruptors, so we should have its purpose finalized, give the CDs their original purpose in just disrupting engines and the Cloak Disruptor only Cloaks. There is a certain Role you can then apply to your ship.

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Mercury - 09-28-2016

I'm sad that CD is a 'SHUT-DOWN-EVERYTHING' device. And a very cheap one.

Cloak disruptors should disable cloaks in all phases (nomad or not)
For Jump Drives we should have jump disruptors
CD should disable the cruise engine

You only realise the power of stopping cruise engines if you lack a CD. It alone is a great power. Not counting its current additional abilities.

I believe it renders most advanced equipment uselessuseless which is a shame because a lot of RP revolved around their construction and their use.
And just before you start a flame war I used both cloaks and JDs and still had lot of good RP

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Shelco - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 01:58 PM)Mercury Wrote: I'm sad that CD is a 'SHUT-DOWN-EVERYTHING' device. And a very cheap one.

Cloak disruptors should disable cloaks in all phases (nomad or not)
For Jump Drives we should have jump disruptors
CD should disable the cruise engine

You only realise the power of stopping cruise engines if you lack a CD. It alone is a great power. Not counting its current additional abilities.

I believe it renders most advanced equipment uselessuseless which is a shame because a lot of RP revolved around their construction and their use.
And just before you start a flame war I used both cloaks and JDs and still had lot of good RP

I kinda agree with him, would be great if we oculd just test it and then have a poll that decides if it stays like this or not.

RE: CD cloak disruption ability? - Backo - 09-28-2016

(09-27-2016, 07:40 PM)Auzari Wrote: Nope.

Otherwise cloaks will be an issue again. Particularly with the Nomads too when we have to deal with farmers.

Just be sneaky and subtle with the way you activate your cloak, it's fine as it is.

Agreed, having to CD a fighter in that exact 3 second interval in which it charges it's cloak isn't that easy if you time it well and combine it with your shield being down anyways. Getting out of a fight you're about to lose is already easy enough as it is, anyone who has played before the era of cloaks will tell you that. I'd vote keep it as it is.

P.S. Instead of nerfing the CD why don't we buff it's counterparts so people have a reason to use them? Why was the Mini Razor nerfed anyways, did people really cry that much about being shotgunned?