Discovery Gaming Community
To: Independent Miners Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Independent Miners Guild (/showthread.php?tid=143676)

To: Independent Miners Guild - Kusari Uchugun - 09-27-2016

Incoming Transmission
Tokkeitai Division

[Image: D0NBZDc.png]

Konbanwa, Independent Miner Guild

The Admiralty has asked the Tokkeitai to handle the issue, as the pilot involved belongs to its personnel.
We are forwarding you the evidences you required to sort this issue.

Code:
Sgt.Kali: hostiles in the area!
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk. And you could say im friends with the local rock scratchers aye.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': N..Nani?
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Support incoming!
Polly.Macaw: Not sure myself. Squaawk.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Ho... Konwawa Mister miner...
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Polly follo him!
Polly.Macaw: Squawk?
[KNF]'Harutsuki': What did big miner say?
Polly.Macaw: Squawk? Follow who? Who knows aye. I sure don't.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': One day very mean Big miner ship shot Harumi. But Harukiki could get away!
Polly.Macaw: Squawk? Did ye annoy em too hard laddie?
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Hold it!
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Harutsuki called big miners afterwards and they told Master Harumi worked well! Harukiki is not annoying...
Polly.Macaw: Speakin' of the kraken
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Wah...
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': K...Kurakenu?
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk?
[KNF]'Harutsuki': N..Nani? *Hides behind a rock*
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk. Now 'tis is getting fishy aye.
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Killing my friends
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Why is big miner shooting Harumi again?
Polly.Macaw: Mind spilling the rum lad? Squawk.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': R..Rum?
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk.
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Did you or did you now just kill someone..
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Wah... Stop bumping Harumi ship, p...please...
Polly.Macaw: Other words for whats going on aye.
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk. I dare saying i had it under control aye. Whereever that lad came from anyway. Squaawk.
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Kali which one killed your guy
Sgt.Kali: Haru
Polly.Macaw: "Which one". Squaawk.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Harukiki doesn't understand what's wrong..
IMG|Mike.Johnson: Settled then
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Wah! Cease fire! Cease fire!
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk! By the flying Levia can some human finally fill me in aye?
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Why are you shooting at Harukiki?
Sgt.Kali: Unlawful killing of 2 pilots
IMG|Mike.Johnson: You killed an ally who was under my protection
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Nani? Harumi didn't do anything!
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk. I second that. All i did was intercept her boat aye.
Eliza.Valdez: What is this?
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Harukiki will call big miners!
Polly.Macaw: And we had a chat.. Squaawk.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': And big miner ship captain will be in trouble!
Polly.Macaw: And there's a sniffy lad now too?
Eliza.Valdez: I am very confused right now.
Polly.Macaw: Squaawk. 'tis getting better and better.
[KNF]'Harutsuki': S...Sniffy?
IMG|Mike.Johnson: This 'Lawful' been killing miners
Eliza.Valdez: So IMG is shooting the Kusari Naval Forces now? Hmm, that's new.
IMG|Mike.Johnson: No
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Harukiki doesn't understand why big miner ship captain is so angry with her... Harumi did nothing wrong!
IMG|Mike.Johnson: This is self defence
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Nani?
IMG|Mike.Johnson: He killed a miner
Eliza.Valdez: With a Gunboat from a Heavy Fighter?
[KNF]'Harutsuki': Haruriri didn't fire a single s...shot.
IMG|Mike.Johnson: I'll leave this to the authorties actually, I will be sending a report of you offence

Guncam of the incident.

While Harutsuki may act oddly for a typical layperson, this asset still belongs to the Naval Forces and should be treated accordingly. Such a behavior is simply unacceptable. The Miner Guild should be aware by now of the Naval Forces purposes, and that piracy isn't part of them.

We can understand your paramilitary can be distressed by the constant raids launched by the Outcasts, but I'm certain a cool-head behavior and a reasonable ability to analyze situations are mandatory for a gunboat captain.

We are expecting Independent Miner Guild to diligently carry out an investigation regarding this case and to get back to us with a reasonable explanation.

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - Jack_Henderson - 09-27-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Kusari Authorities

¤ SUBJECT: Weird Incident

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'll be totally honest and say that I do not understand the situation that the evidence portrays. I'm currently investigating the background of this incident and I find it somewhat hard to believe that the KNF ship that was accused by the Guildmember of attacking IMG vessels really did that.

All I can promise is that I am trying to get to the bottom of the incident.

A question, though: Was there any damage inflicted by the IMG pilot? Or can the shots be potentially classified as 'warning shots' or even as 'accidental discharge'?

I would also like to use the opportunity to thank the KNF forces that assisted in the narrow defeat of the Nomads in Tau 23 today. Your help is greatly appreciated, indeed.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - Kusari Uchugun - 09-28-2016

Incoming Transmission
Tokkeitai Division

Henderson-san,

According to what we could gather from the ship black-box, asset Harutsuki only interacted with one individual, flying a ship callsign'd 'Polly.Macaw' before the gunboat callsign'd 'Mike.Johnson' made its appearance. It is very unlikely asset Harutsuki could have managed to sneakily kill a member of the Independent Miner Guild before said gunboat could make its approach.

From the gathered logs, we can only assume the 'Mike.Johnson' captain based his attack on the testimony of another Independent Miner Guild ship, callsign'd 'Sgt.Kali'.

You can find below asset Harutsuki's testimony regarding those events.

- Now Harutsuki, please describe extensively what happened during your patrol in Tau 23 system.
- Hai! Harukiki left home to do big patrol like Master ordered Harutsuki, because Harumi wants Master to be proud... Harumi wonders, is Master proud?
- Very proud, Harutsuki. Proceed.
- Hai! Eto... Harumi was saying... Ho! Harumi tried to move to [DATA EXPUNGED] found Harukiki... So Harumi tried to be sneakie like Master taught Harukiki and moved to the little rocks place... Eto... Tau 23. That's where Harumi met strange lady...
- A strange lady...? What was so strange about her?
- Lady was always making creepy squack noises like some bird, Harumi thinks... Harukiki was a...afraid at first but bird lady seemed like a good person, Harumi thought.
- Hai... About that, I believe your Master told you time and again [DATA EXPUNGED].
- Harutsuki is sorry...
- Proceed, Harutsuki.
- Hai! Harukiki was talking with miss when Big Miner ship appeared from nowhere and started to yell at Harumi... Haruri doesn't know why!
- Harutsuki didn't do something silly like insulting someone...
- Harumi thinks not...
- ... or shooting at someone Harutsuki wasn't ordered to attack?
- Harukiki did not!
- Very well. Proceed, Harutsuki.
- Hai! Big Miner was very angry and started to shout at Harukiki. Harumi hid behind a rock but Big Miner ship didn't go away...
- Why would it have...
- Harumi doesn't know...
- Nevermind. Proceed, Harutsuki.
- Hai! Big Miner ship captain accused Harutsuki to have attacked Big Miner friends but Harumi didn't attack anyone... Then Big Miner ship started to shoot. Harukiki ran away...
- Very well, Harutsuki. That will be all for now. Please return to your quarters.
- Hai... Say... Haruriri meant to ask... Will Miss tell Master?
- Your Master already knows about this incident, Harutsuki.
- Waahhhh!

As for your question, asset Harutsuki's ship doesn't appear to have been damaged. Asset Harutsuki has demonstrated significant skills in evading suppressive fire. Consequently, it is not that peculiar to note that, according to the ship logs, the gunboat 'Mike.Johnson' attempted to destroy the Naval Forces ship during at least four minutes, without being able to damage it.

Given the duration of the attack, it is unlikely this event can be minimized as a consequence of simple warning shots or accidental discharges. The Captain also explicitly stated several times his reasons for attempting to destroy a ship belonging to Kusari Naval Forces.

Therefore, Tokkeitai conclusions are the Captain of the 'Mike.Johnson' is at fault, and while asset Harutsuki's communication skills might be significantly low, it does not grant Independent Miner Guild the right to destroy Kusari Naval Forces property.

Hopefully, the disclosure of those elements will help you in your investigation.

Incidentally, the Tokkeitai will not request Independent Miner Guild to turn in the Captain of the 'Mike.Johnson' so that he can be interrogated. The Tokkeitai classifies this incident as minor, but concerning, as relations with Independent Miner Guild and the Great House of Kusari has always been good so far.
That said, it is however Independent Miner Guild's responsibility to make sure its personnel is correctly trained and taught how to behave, so that such an incident doesn't occur again.

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - Jack_Henderson - 09-28-2016

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to thank you for the additional intel you provided. Especially in light of what you told me, I think I have to be greatful that you classify it as a minor incident and allow the Guild to treat it as an internal matter.

I'll contact you the moment I managed to make contact with the commander of the vessel.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - Jack_Henderson - 10-07-2016

Dear Sir or Madam,

I finally managed to track down the pilot (who is still pretty young and inexperienced) which of course does not excuse the bad choice he made in firing at your vessel.

He is being put through the trainee program again to make sure that he understands the rules of engagament fully, and is able to make much better choices in the future.

The Guild apologizes for the inconvenience that this incident has caused, we are glad that no harm was done and that your side chose a de-escalating solution to this. Thank you, and let's continue out cooperation against our common enemies.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - Kusari Uchugun - 10-08-2016

Incoming Transmission
Tokkeitai Division

Henderson-san,

The Tokkeitai, and by extension Kusari Naval Forces, are pleased to hear you could find the person responsible for this incident.
As you stated said person will be taken care of, we consider this case to be closed.