Discovery Gaming Community
Now Hiring - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Now Hiring (/showthread.php?tid=143725)

Pages: 1 2

Now Hiring - Remnant - 09-29-2016

It’s that time of year again. It’s getting colder. The leaves are starting to change color and fall to the ground. The Admin HQ once again has enough coffee machines plugged in, where it’s all acting as one big space heater.. Things are good at this time of the year. There is something missing however. It’s.. quiet.
That could only mean one thing.
It’s time.

Hey there folks. It’s been a while since our previous application pool for the Staff. We are looking for additions to both the Moderator and Developer team.

It should hopefully be self-explanatory in regards as to what each of these positions mean. There is some additional information in the signup form if you really don't understand what you'd do in each of the two teams.

Keeping this place going is hard work for both ends of the Staff spectrum. If you're willing to help put in some time to help make things run as smooth as possible, I'd like to extend my thanks in advance. Even to those who do not make the team in the end. Without people who volunteer, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Thank you.

After the deadline, if chosen you'll be interviewed by current members of the staff. This time around we're going to be a little more efficient and quick about the process at least those who are applying to the moderator team. - The process should be rather straightforward from there.

Deadline: October 13th, 2016

RE: Now Hiring - Teerin - 09-29-2016

Dev HQ Notice:
- While we are looking for a variety of positions, the number needed for each is not very large, so if twelve apply for the same spot, we'll probably only take two. It's not personal if we turn your volunteer offer down.
- For those who have perhaps applied previously, we still have your old applications on record and will take those into consideration if you choose to apply once more. Consistency, dedication, and thoroughness are good indicators.
- At the time of the current deadline (October 13th), many of us will likely be in a lighter phase of development, so we will probably conduct most interviews within a fortnight of that and reach decisions not too long afterwards.

Thank you for your time.

RE: Now Hiring - Kauket - 10-01-2016

I didn't know this was flood.

Too bad you can't apply for both dev and mod (:

RE: Now Hiring - Corile - 10-01-2016

No bbcode dev?
Sad face.

RE: Now Hiring - Hannibal - 10-03-2016

(10-01-2016, 05:50 PM)Auzari Wrote: Too bad you can't apply for both dev and mod (:
You can fill another application for the other position but you must understand it will decrease the chances of being accepted(one of them) since you most likely won't have enough time to fulfill both positions.

RE: Now Hiring - sindroms - 10-03-2016

The man is right.
You will physically not have time for both. I also highly suggest applying if you are actively involved in a faction.

RE: Now Hiring - Arno Schultzky - 10-03-2016

Application sent. I listed all my current active forum accounts for a lack of ambiguity.

I'm never quite sure what body of content is required from the form. Is the idea to keep it concise as possible (which I've done), or to craft something more CV-like in nature? Assumedly that will be done through the medium of the interview.

RE: Now Hiring - Gulryz - 10-12-2016

so it's gonna announce tomorrow

RE: Now Hiring - Euca - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 05:02 AM)Gulryz Wrote: so it's gonna announce tomorrow

Not necessarily 'announced', but people will begin being chosen for interviews by tomorrow most likely.

RE: Now Hiring - sindroms - 10-12-2016

Actually, it just means that the applications will end.
Considering the count, it might take a while to sort through them. Just to be clear, it is not really as simple as "+1 this guy", so have patience (sun)