Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? (/showthread.php?tid=143852)

Pages: 1 2

Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-04-2016

Hey Guys.

First of all, I hope that I am in the right Thread here, if not, it would be nice if a mod or admin could move it to the right place Smile

Sooo... My question is, how to fly with an "Archer" in the Vanilla SP Campaign. I know it works.. Because my father had a savegame, where you start the campaign with an "Archer".. But my father forgot how he managed it (It was 9 years ago)...

So could someone please explain me how to do it? Because it's my favorite ship and I really wanna fly it in SP too..

Thank you guys Smile

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Single Player? - Trivjum - 10-04-2016

I don't think there's really any campaign in disco anymore but if you mean to test out ships, I can do a small step by step.

Start up singleplayer and type the following:

cash 1000000000

show

rep = 1

base Juneau Shipyard (Very case sensitive here)

Buy the Archer and have fun testing out the ship!

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 01:45 AM)Trivjum Wrote: I don't think there's really any campaign in disco anymore but if you mean to test out ships, I can do a small step by step.

Start up singleplayer and type the following:

cash 1000000000

show

rep = 1

base Juneau Shipyard (Very case sensitive here)

Buy the Archer and have fun testing out the ship!

Nononononoooo Big Grin
I mean in the Vanilla SP Campaign :3

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Titan* - 10-04-2016

You cant fly any capital ship/cruiser in vanilla campaign.Largest ship class you can get is freighters

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 02:00 AM)Titan* Wrote: You cant fly any capital ship/cruiser in vanilla campaign.Largest ship class you can get is freighters

Yeah I know... But with a mod, plugin or anything it IS possible.. Man.. I saw my father flying a "Archer" 9 Years ago...
We both just don't know how he managed it... And I am to stupid to find a mod for the "Archer"..

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Operator - 10-04-2016

iirc you can fly it in Crossfire mod too. but i dunno on which base you can purchase it.

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Shinju - 10-04-2016

Disco beta 4.83?

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Barb - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 01:39 AM)Ryan O`connor Wrote: Because my father had a savegame...

A dad that plays or played FL? How cool isnt that...

Well Im sure there ARE mods out there that allow you to buy the cruiser but the problems with big ships, even in Disco yet, is docking. You wont be able to dock at bases and you will probably get perma-stuck somewhere.

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 05:00 AM)Barb Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 01:39 AM)Ryan O`connor Wrote: Because my father had a savegame...

A dad that plays or played FL? How cool isnt that...

Well Im sure there ARE mods out there that allow you to buy the cruiser but the problems with big ships, even in Disco yet, is docking. You wont be able to dock at bases and you will probably get perma-stuck somewhere.

Yes my dad :3 he teached me everything what has to do with FL :3

Well... But he flew it.. And he had no problems with ANYTHING... I don't know how... Maybe a mod or something.. But I can't find any mods for the liberty archer..

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - eigos - 10-04-2016

Here is how:

1.) Download discovery mod 4.84 (campaign still works there);
2.) Edit shiparch.ini and make the ship_class to be 1 (so you can buy at level 1);
3.) Edit goods.ini to sell the ship with full turret loadout (if you want razors, or basics, missiles, whatever) and reduce the price of the ship itself to 10 credits;
4.) Further edit goods.ini to make all corresponding turrets cheap (like 1 credit, to avoid pumping up your player level);
5.) Edit market_ships.ini and make the cruiser sellable at Manhattan!
6.) skip to next step;
7.) PROFIT.