Discovery Gaming Community
Speech to the Bundschuh [by Dr. Annika Haupt] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Speech to the Bundschuh [by Dr. Annika Haupt] (/showthread.php?tid=143931)

Speech to the Bundschuh [by Dr. Annika Haupt] - Char Aznable - 10-06-2016

Deck 1, Section 003-A, Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System
06/10/823 AS, 1210 Station time

"Genossen!
[Image: elWtz1h.png?1]
You may ask yourself why I speak to you tonight. Why I choose this day, or this time to speak. Well, it is simple. I wish to address some of the points that have been made about and against me, I wish to speak about the future. Our future.

What I mean by that? Everything we do right now is about our future. We fight for our future, we bleed for our future. And mind you, this is not yours, or mine, or theirs. It is our future I am talking about here. We all together shape it, and we all together are the ones with which it stands or falls. And that is why I ask you to cast your vote for me in the upcoming election. I ask you to cast your vote for a future that we all believe in, rather than petty accusations and power politics. Take the recent discussions about the other stations, besides Bruchsal, being neglected for instance.
How are we supposed to help the stations and people in need if we cannot organize even the most basic of needs? How are we supposed to provide safety for the 'small man' if said small man takes up arms in his own right to take what is his, instead of making sure that whoever took something from him is punished according to the customs and rules we have set for ourselves? Diversity is a strength, true, but discord is a weakness. And the system we currently have in place was nothing more than discord. Sects that do what they do best? Be my guest. Sects that lead Vendettas and struggles against other Bundschuh? No. That can't be the way.
Still we see people arguing that what we had was an 'effective approach'. To that I ask: What results has it brought? What good has it caused? The November bombing is a good example. Four sects operating in one tight space, each operating with its own agenda, ending up not only stepping up on each other's toes but engaging in petty squabbles over who commands whom - and in the end we have over thirty thousand dead civilians, the HVEB endangered, the Kerzen on the Run, and the Military right on our heels. To those that now still argue that the approach was so effective, I only ask one question. Do you think that the people on Zwickau would still be alive if the military had not suddenly developed an incredible hate towards us and dispatched a Battlegroup against it, while it wasn't even a strategically important location? What do you think where that sudden retaliation came from?

Eistochter and Klugmann have lead us into an abyss that we need to help ourselves out. The evidence provided against them is a maddening amount of intrigues, backstabs and the like. We can all see that at the moment. We all feel the results of their machinations, and it is up to us to pick up the pieces once more. To finally unite under a strong, democratically elected leadership, return to what this was originally about, and stand together against whomever wants to fight us. Divided we are weak, but united there is nothing that can stop us. We have caused a revolution once, Genossen. We can do it again. United."