Discovery Gaming Community
To: Human Beings - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: To: Human Beings (/showthread.php?tid=143939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

To: Human Beings - Xenon - 10-06-2016

The entire world should see this small demonstration

RE: To: Human Beings - Ruairi - 10-06-2016

Every second of that is true. People are better off not being in school, instead of being lectured to all day.

RE: To: Human Beings - Jeremy Hunter - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 12:15 PM)Ruairi Wrote: Every second of that is true. People are better off not being in school, instead of being lectured to all day.

There are two sides to the video - the truth and the wishful thinking. While I do believe he needed to do a bit more research, especially into singapore, I honestly believe, that, right now, Geometry and Algebra II have done zero to help me, nor did I understand them AT. ALL. I cannot math beyond simple add, subtract, multiply.

Instead of being able to focus on writing and creativity I was forced to write essays and read Frankenstein, which wasn't enjoyable. Like...seriously....the US School System is utter crap, teachers are underpaid but it's hard to find way to pull it off.

But I know the US is still better than a lot of places. I think the Netherlands force kids at 12 years old to take a single test to decide your school. Like....the hell?

RE: To: Human Beings - nOmnomnOm - 10-06-2016

I find this video crap.

RE: To: Human Beings - Thunderer - 10-06-2016

I've finished high school and now I study something at some uni, and have no idea what the bleeding hell I want to do with my life. The high school I've finished was a lyceum, a prep school, which was supposed to prepare me well for most faculties, while barely preparing me for any work in real life. It hasn't prepared me better than almost any other high school would for uni, and the only thing I got from it was this melancholy about not having a purpose. Oh well. At least I can write better than most people, although still not well enough to make any money off it.

Looking back I am happy that I went to my schools. Schools help the brain develop, teach critical thinking and expand your knowledge of the world around you that you live in. It is your job to figure out your life and not a schools job. School is there to help you. Find you passion and go for it.

People always whine that some things in school they will never need to use, but I wonder how intelligent they would be without that knowledge or the skills they learned to learn that.

Oh and as an architect student, the first part where he says about phones developing vs that school not developing is crap argument lol.

RE: To: Human Beings - Thunderer - 10-06-2016

With what argument do you enforce it being a "crap" argument?

RE: To: Human Beings - Venkman - 10-06-2016

To be honest, school is worthless... at least in this damn country.

(10-06-2016, 01:17 PM)Thunderer Wrote: With what argument do you enforce it being a "crap" argument?

1) large generalization.
2) picture was deliberately picked to be the "same" looking.
3) Evidence is based on feelings from a picture.
4) he compares industrial improvements of technology and then compares it to generic classroom.
5) compared to long ago, schools have made major improvements.

I can go on to destroy this argument that is in the for of a rap, which is the lowest form of talking, but im using phone atm.

(10-06-2016, 01:26 PM)Venkman Wrote: To be honest, school is worthless... at least in this damn country.

im curious if you are still in school or if you have graduated everything.