Discovery Gaming Community
To: Susan Ward, 404. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Susan Ward, 404. (/showthread.php?tid=144017)

To: Susan Ward, 404. - Apollon - 10-08-2016

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: ADM REASER, Natalie A.
TARGET ID: WARD, Susan
SUBJECT: Troubling changes
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: Medium

[Image: j9fQZrY.png]

Miss Ward,

First of all, allow me to thank you and your agency once again for your help against the Unioners yesterday at 2000. Your assistance in keeping Liberty safe is always appreciated.

Moving to the main point. As you are well aware, yesterday's incident with the Order Osiris called the 'Amenhotep' and the Fifth fleet was very concerning. A foreign warship that belongs to a terrorist organisation appearing in the vicinity of the Houston and other Libertonian core systems is not only surprising, but also disturbing.

From what I gathered after my departure -due to technical errors and issues on my ship- is that admiral Jones has agreed to granting the Order captain and his ship asylum in Liberty ,and handing the full responsibility to admiral Sader of the Fifth Fleet. Admiral Jones did not seem to care much regarding the previous incident between the Fifth Fleet and a couple of Navy dreadnoughts belonging to the secondary fleet. Fortunately, I am not as hasty and unconcerned as Jones is, the rather peculiar behavior of the Fifth Fleet to defend the Order ship on the expense of neutralizing Navy ships is something that cannot be ignored.

Judging through what I was able to extract from the captain of the L.N.S Vengeance, his ship and the L.N.S Trapper Creek were attacked by Fifth for attempting to follow the Order Osiris, claiming that they had fired no shots prior. Unfortunately, we are not able to confirm this data due to the lack of visual evidence from the Vengeance. On the other hand, L.N.S Trapper Creek may have a few answers to some of our curiosities and questions.

I would like to ask you and your agency to work on identifying the purpose and the reason of this ship's presence in Liberty and its captain's request to join the Liberty Navy, as well as observing the connection between him and the Fifth fleet. This concerns your agency as much as it concerns the First Fleet, and I hope that you're up to the task.

Awaiting your response.

Signing out,
Admiral Natalie A. Reaser.
CO Nevada Battlegroup & Papa Squadron.
Liberty Navy, First Fleet

[Image: P9AnuNd.png]

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defense Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

RE: To: Susan Ward, 404. - Susan Ward - 10-09-2016

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Susan Ward
Encryption: Secure

Ms. Reaser,

You are correct, this event is rather unusual and raises legitimate security concerns.

But before I answer to your inquiries, please allow me to point out Mr. Jones is in no position to grant asylum, as it is typically the responsibility of higher political institutions. Mr. Jones intent appears to have been related with the questioning of Mr. Kalh, Captain of the Osiris class vessel 'Amenhotep', in order to review the situation and decide wether he should take the risk to vouch for this person regarding his asylum request. It appears Mr. Jones has decided for now to ground the vessel 'Amenhotep' to Juneau shipyard, so that an inspection can be undertaken, and to put Mr. Kalh and his crew in custody for further interrogation.

As for the points you raised, some data could be collected in Minnesota system and Alaska system, allowing us to draw some preliminary conclusions.

+ Ties with the Fifth Fleet.

Code:
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Well aside from the Nomadic incursions, i have dealt with criminal forces, especially those who have attacked Admiral Sader and his men.
5th|LNS-Milwaukee: C: And he helped us more than once.
[LN]-LNS-South.Dakota: Jones: I see.
Susan.Ward:404: You seem to have quite a special relationship with 5th, If I dare say.
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Ill be frank. Admiral Sader saved my life, and my crews life once and Honor led me to repay the favor tenfold.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: In return i have saved the Admiral's life, and dealt with the Unioners you no doubt have heard of. Im sure Admiral Sader can comment on it.
[...]
Susan.Ward:404: If Mr. Jones allows me to ask, what would be reasons for you to serve House Liberty? Is that solely because of your ties with 5th?
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: 5th| is not the only reason.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I wont lie Admiral Sader was a factor in this. He has been an inspiration to me, along with his fine men.
[...]
5th|LNS-Milwaukee: C: I, along with with the units under my direct command vouch for Captain Kalh.

As you can see, significant emotional ties exist between Mr. Kalh and Fifth Fleet Admiralty, which may result in damageable bias. It is a common tactic used by infiltrators to successfully integrate organizations. For now, all we can conclude is, because of the aforementioned honor bound ties, the judgment of some personnel belonging to the Fifth Fleet may be compromised when it comes to the fate of Mr. Kalh and his crew, which could explain the damages reported on the Trapper Creek and the Vengeance.

+ Reasons of House Liberty core space violations by the Amenhotep and of the desire to betray his former organization

Code:
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Fleet Admiral Jones, i am a Captain of the Battleship Amenhotep, I am responsible for cleaning up the Nomadic threat that has been plaguing Liberty.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I have noticed an increase in Nomadic incursions into Liberty, with my experience fighting Nomads this lead me to do some thinking. If and im only saying if, Liberty were to fall to Nomads it would leave the Other houses vulnerable to a direct attack.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: With The Order moving its forces back to the Omicrons, I was to remain here alone with no support. That did not sit well with me.
Susan.Ward:404: Alone? And with which logistic to back you up?
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I had none, Auxesians and Hellfire got me pinned in a corner and i was losing resources. With the Order moving back.. i felt betrayed.
Chris.Lonnigan:404: They abandoned you? don't find it really believable. Don't tell us kids stories please.
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Its not that they "abandoned" me.
Susan.Ward:404: I'd tend to agree with Mr. Lonnigan, I'm afraid. Osiris battleships are key assets for the Order. How could they allow one to slip away, especially after what happened in Omicron Minor?
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: The Order has changed. They are not for Humanity as a whole as they seem to be... When i came to Liberty i had the Ideal of saving Everyone.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: It has been tough, i have lost men, and if you scan my ship further you will see more then half the men are gone. Some did not agree with me when i breifed them. I had them dropped off, so by now they would have reported back to the Order Overwatch of what i plan to do. You see, i did all of this sacrificed my command, my ship that i rebuilt from the rubble of the Toledo War.
Susan.Ward:404: You seem to be quite attached to this ship, Mr. Kalh.
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: It has been my home for years. I defended Liberty with this ship, It has saved my life. and the life of your men in the prossess.
5th|LNS-Milwaukee: C: I think a Captain is supposed to live his/her ship.
Susan.Ward:404: As every Captain certainly should be. But I'm sure you realize the price for such an asylum could be this very ship you cherish.
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I have served Liberty and fought off hordes of Nomad and Infected in this vessel. If you think i will let go of this ship so easily you are mistaken. I came here to serve Liberty with my vessel.
Susan.Ward:404: I see. That's an interesting mindset.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I wish to continue my work... Securing the boarders of Liberty agains all threats... I feel i have been quite clear on that. With my Osiris flying under the Liberty, as i have done all this time, in the shadows. its time i come into the light, and aid Liberty. I would not have come here for any other reason. Flag.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: not just them, but the Nomadics as well... I cant take them all on alone... and i figured doing side by side with Liberty would be the best option.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Should the Nomadic threat cease to be... I will continue to serve for the best interest in Liberty...
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: As you have heard earlier i care for my home correct?
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: I was actually Born here in Liberty.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: You see, i was searching for my Mother, and i found myself in the Order not long after. She was taken by men, who put a black bag around her face... and i Never saw her again.
[...]
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: She told me to run, i thought it was a game. I turned around and saw the men. And just like that she was gone.
[LN]-LNS-South.Dakota: Jones: How old were you?
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: About 15 or so... soon after that i saved money i bought a Ship and went searching. for the record im 26 now.
5th|LNS-Jack.O'Neill: Sader:So you were 15 and thought that your mother is playing a game?
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: She was a playful woman, i was a carefree child.
5th|LNS-Milwaukee: C: Situations like this happen.
Susan.Ward:404: Twenty six years old and already commanding one of those rare Osiris class vessels. That's impressive.
[LN]-ESRD|Phoenix: ?: "Questionable, for such a...'young' Captain."
|O|-Amenhotep: Kalh: Top of my Class.

Delusions of grandeur aside - Mr. Kalh stating he is "responsible for cleaning up the Nomadic threat that has been plaguing Liberty" (sic.) - we can note Mr. Kalh claims to be born in House Liberty and to care significantly about its welfare, for various reasons.

It is that said quite interesting to note Mr. Kalh initially stated he was cornered by various hostile forces and could not have survived much longer, thus admitting this asylum request is vital for him and his crew, to then adamantly refuse to see the Osiris class vessel Amenhotep leave his direct command. Wether this is a misjudgment about his current position or a leverage to use in later negotiations is unknown.

A speech analysis subsequently undertaken on Mr. Kalh defines him as an individual over estimating his abilities, with an inclination to define himself as a 'comics super hero', to use a colloquial analogy. those character traits may be faked in order to integrate better into some members of the Liberty Navy's mental scheme.

Another point is worth noting. The fact Mr. Kalh is commanding an Osiris class vessel. It is highly unlikely the Order would give command to one of those extremely rare and vital battleships to a person this young. Especially after at most ten years of service in the Order. It wouldn't surprise the Agency the Amenhotep examination reveals this vessel is bare of any key capabilities or classified equipment, but simply a glorified hull to give the impression an Osiris class battleship returned home after all those years.

+ Regarding Fifth Fleet

Code:
5th|LNS-Milwaukee: C: I will not stand for this. I don't want to allow LSF onto that ship. Because I don't trust you well enough.

Lastly, Fifth Fleet insistence to keep us out of the loop is rather concerning, especially when outward distrust is stated. We can only acknowledge that if proofs existed of a collusion between Fifth Fleet and Mr. Kalh - and by extension the Order - this inspection carried on by Fifth Fleet personnel would be an ideal opportunity to destroy them.
I will let you know, Ms. Reaser, that I am quite worried about Fifth Fleet behavior towards the Agency, especially when nothing warranted it.

Of course the Agency will attempt to collect more data, but given Fifth Fleet desire to keep us away, this task might be quite difficult.

Transmission: End