Discovery Gaming Community
Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? (/showthread.php?tid=144513)

Pages: 1 2 3

Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Black Widow - 10-22-2016

I find it strange that the reapers are increasing their presence ever further throughout the expanse of sirius. When there is no active reaper factions to carry on the factions rp ingame?

Why is this dinosaur not yet extinct, are we keeping them alive for nostalgias sake?

Explain....

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Shaggy - 10-22-2016

There was the "Fallen Angels" which there tag was "A" which were trying to become official and during that time there was discussions about making the RoS ID open to everyone as an indie, or locking/deleting the faction or something. I am not 100% sure, but the discussion is/was there and I have actually been asked recently how to become a RoS or RP a RoS without the ID. So to do this you just get bribes and missions and then use FL ID. But the FL ID restricts you as a RoS "member" on what you can and can't do. So this makes it difficult, but it works. With the FL ID though you are UNABLE to use RoS ships or equipment too which is another downside.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Laura C. - 10-23-2016

The base appeared in Koeln some time ago and is good example how to not make dev changes. There was not a single line of RP regarding it with Rheinland officials and nobody was contacted even ooRPly, so everybody went like "uh, guys, there is Reaper base in Koeln next to trade lane and Wuppertal, wtf?!" Even their first base - Ithaca in Omega-7 - appeared in very same way, but that one is at least in the middle of nowhere in border system, not in busy importat area of interest for several factions. I was quite tempted to start treating it as illegal installation inRP.

But it got even funnier when I asked RoS why they didnĀ“t talk with Rheinland official about the base and was told that
(05-23-2016, 12:53 PM)Vendetta Wrote: This was actually decided upon prior to the Fallen Angels appearing, and was not requested at all.

Basically someone thought it is good idea to smack the base inside house territory without consulting it with anyone, including the faction which owns it.

So devs, clean your mess please and remove the base (preferably the one in Omega-7 too). RoS are definitely dead so these bases has no purpose anyway.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - ProwlerPC - 10-24-2016

Faction leaders aren't devs. The devs don't need to go asking permission from factions to do their work and make changes. That being said I'll also point out that many of us leaders in the past actively kept communication with devs and have made changes and insertions based on player RP. It wasn't hard to do but check the false self entitlement at the door less you meet a stonewall. A good example would be the truce between GMG and Rheinland leading to the reopening of the gate and border's. That was player driven. When we founded GMG they were still red hostile with Rhein land lawful but we spent months of solid RP negotiating a truce and played out that truce until it was made canon. Same with the KusaRI civil war idea. That was the result of several years politiCal shuffling combined with some pew pew and fun controversy until it became obvious that a civil war was on the horizon. Too bad we faction leaders of the time had already left when the idea was set in the devs minds cuz I'm sure if even just Zelot and I were around when the idea hit canon we'd would have already had our civil war and today Kusari RP would be about rebuilding in the aftermath of such a war.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Sombs - 10-24-2016

What about the RoS base in Poole?

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Skorak - 10-24-2016

RoS have 7 bases.
4 of them being in Cayman.
1 in O-7.
1 in Koeln.
1 in Poole.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Major. - 10-24-2016

We could just siege it, and then we send the Rheinland Fleet to Cayman and capture it, and in the meanwhile, we eat some Libertonians.

Anyway, no clue why there is a Reaper station, kinda useless cause you can't use the reaper id

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Inferno - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:46 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: we eat some Libertonians.

that is known as cannibalism. Nasty.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - ProwlerPC - 10-25-2016

It's too bad Reapers are gone. If the ID is no longer available then perhaps this belongs in the development discussions instead of rp discussions. Start getting the ball rolling.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Antonio - 10-25-2016

I'd stil like to know who exactly was the person thinking it was a good idea to put a base of a dead faction in a populated system 5k from the tradelane without -any- RP background. Absolutely brilliant.