Discovery Gaming Community
Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? (/showthread.php?tid=144513)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Durandal - 10-25-2016

I think its really interesting (and pretty strange) that this entire attitude about bases has just cropped up within the past two years or so. What the devs added and where in the past was always the subject of "Oh that's there now." rather than "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!"

I wonder how you people would've fared in the early days of Disco when an entire system with a zoner base, corsair base, and BHG core base randomly appeared in the Omicrons.

Anyway the base's implementation might be a little strange but it'll more likely than not be a moot point soon with the base disappearing or repurposed for something else.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Antonio - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 08:33 AM)Durandal Wrote: I think its really interesting (and pretty strange) that this entire attitude about bases has just cropped up within the past two years or so. What the devs added and where in the past was always the subject of "Oh that's there now." rather than "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!"

If the faction was alive and active and if the base was in some kind of a nebula far away from any instalation instead of 5k from the tradelane without giving a notice to rheinland lawfuls, many of us wouldn't be surprised nor care that much to be honest.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Petitioner - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:46 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: Anyway, no clue why there is a Reaper station, kinda useless cause you can't use the reaper id

(10-25-2016, 06:18 AM)ProwlerPC Wrote: It's too bad Reapers are gone. If the ID is no longer available then perhaps this belongs in the development discussions instead of rp discussions. Start getting the ball rolling.

This has nothing to do with the development team. All we can do regarding who's allowed to play what is make suggestions. At the end of the day, it's up to the administration whether a certain ID is open or not, so if you want to see RoS assets being put to use, your beef is with the folks wearing the green.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Skorak - 10-25-2016

There was one really short lived attempt to make a RoS faction. It's really not necessary to keep them around in this mod.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Yeggito - 10-25-2016

To note, I was the one who asked Shaggy about RoS (wanted an excuse to fly the lower Omegas, as an indie, and wanted to see the two-extra-engined "Lich" Borderworld variant). As I saw he was associated with Fallen Angels (digging through the forums), and I've spoken to him before (thank you for all the armory help along the way!), I asked him.

With no /restart fcReaper, and no ID, it's difficult to "be" part of the RoS, as the FL ID has restrictions (as pointed out by Shaggy). Plus, as he mentioned, the faction-specific shipline is off limits due to TechNerfs.

So, how do I go about trying be utilize those three non-Cayman stations if I wanted to be RoS? That isn't made clear (hence why I asked Shaggy: the FL ID and RoS missions are they only way). If we had an RoS restart, it would be much, much easier to get anyone who is interested (which, I admit, may be nonexistent) into Reaper craft and into the RP.

Putting the bases there, an not having a way to "utilize" them, in my opinion, is the problem.

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Yeggito - 10-26-2016

A slight bump; with the forum search outages, perhaps this was missed by some.

I do think we're at a turning point; as the Fallen Angels, the last attempt at a RoS faction, died out quickly (as Skorak pointed out), is there a reason to keep them in the mod?

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Inferno - 10-26-2016

I think the Coalition or Corsairs or something will do some RP to wipe them out or something. Let them have their fun, and if they don't want to do it, then the Devs can just make their stations randomly explode or something

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Jack_Henderson - 10-26-2016

Just repurpose the bases.
Coalition were interested in some assets, I heard.
O7 could do with a Sair base!

Jack

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - DelBoy - 10-26-2016

RP SCENARIO 1
Jump Holes to Cayman system will vanish during some crazy experiment testing by "any faction that do crazy experiment for a living" , and the rest of RoS real estate in other systems will be taken by the authorities that have the most influence there....
RP SCENARIO 2
Corsairs eat the last of RoS folks and take over Cayman system , populate Planet Braillia and become the peaceful bunch of farmers called The Harvesters Of Sirius supplying every House with real healthy food being friendly with everyone except evil Nomads ofc and live happily ever after..
RP SCENARIO 3
Send a giant asteroids to every RoS installation and wipe the dinosaurs, old school style (sun)

RE: Taormina Base, Koeln??? Why is there a new reapers base, with no reapers? - Char Aznable - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 08:33 AM)Durandal Wrote: I think its really interesting (and pretty strange) that this entire attitude about bases has just cropped up within the past two years or so. What the devs added and where in the past was always the subject of "Oh that's there now." rather than "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!"

I wonder how you people would've fared in the early days of Disco when an entire system with a zoner base, corsair base, and BHG core base randomly appeared in the Omicrons.

Anyway the base's implementation might be a little strange but it'll more likely than not be a moot point soon with the base disappearing or repurposed for something else.

There's a difference between putting a new system in the mod and placing a base right in front of someone without actually providing RP background, or even consulting them. Sure, the 'devs add things and write the story', but you constantly decide on things many players don't think are logical, and while admittedly, you are the ones shaping the server, you're also on a server that people play on. I have argued this a lot of times, and I will argue it again. You breed much less hostility and lashing out from the playerbase if you actually talk about what you're planning instead of just doing things and going 'deal with it'.

This is an RP server, and the community demands that the RP on the server makes sense, and is transparent, even if they don't have any direct impact on it. That's neither too much to ask nor something devs of the past haven't done - a prime example is the complete lack of story sum-ups, that we used to get in past story updates. And don't tell me these are hard to do, they could've just been written along with the infocards.

Lack of transparency is breeding this attitude, and while in some cases it might look entitled, that is because we all want the RP on this server to be fun, and tell our own stories. Seeing how things we try to influence inRPly just get moved around on a whim, without even providing an explanation or even an acknowledgement of the fact that it happened is frustrating.