Discovery Gaming Community
ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: ship blew up from the sun in alaska (/showthread.php?tid=144516)

ship blew up from the sun in alaska - harryfan124 - 10-22-2016

My character, harryfan124, was flying from the cosades wreck to janeu shipyard in alaska when it suddenly blew up making me lose my HELLION and hundreds of thousands in cargo, because the auto pilot didnt divert from the sun. WTF. it does in every other system, why not freaking alaska. i lost literally millions. is there anything the admins will do?

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Antonio - 10-22-2016

Alaska sun and a few other objects like the Puerto Rican rift don't get recognized by the autopilot and unless you manually navigate the ship you will die. It's unfortunate you had to find it out the hard way, but in general the autopilot works for 99% suns and planets. As for avoiding future deaths there, manually add waypoints around the sun so you're at least 20k away while you're going around it.

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - harryfan124 - 10-22-2016

yea i see that now, i put in a request to admins about it and i really hope they give me back the stuff i had or the credit value of it all. i could understand them not replacing my stuff if it was my fault like i attacked something i shouldnt have or got overwhelmed on a mission, but that was a coding thing on their part not something i did

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Eurobeat - 10-22-2016

it's normal for an unexplored system (or at least in alaska's case, a strategic system purely used by the military who have to know the routes themselves otherwise anyone could come in and get information they wanted) to have little to no gps data, i wouldnt call it a bug - in fact i would call it intentional

a tip for the future, the safe distances from stars
dwarf stars: 6.0K
medium stars: 9.0K
giant stars: (i think) 12.0K

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - harryfan124 - 10-23-2016

i was not targeting the star bc i thought that it would be fine, and anyone can get in there through the unguarded virgina jumphole so i really doubt that is it. besides, i have nearly full green with the LSF and navy so im fine to be there, i even had an LSF id and i never got and route data

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Remnant - 10-23-2016

I wouldn't expect to get anything back due to an autopilot failure. Normally even while using autopilot it's a good idea to at least keep an eye on your game.
It very well might be a system creation oversight, though it's not really one that needs fixed. Space is a dangerous place. Your ship might not function properly sometimes.

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Shush Muppet - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 03:56 AM)harryfan124 Wrote: ...i even had an LSF id and i never got and route data

I'm confused on a couple things.

1. Why is your character named "harryfan124" on a roleplay server?

2. What roleplay justification do you have for flying an LSF ID'd transport? Are you an actual LSF agent supplying LSF bases? Or did you simply buy the ID so you could fly a trade route through Alaska without getting shot?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, really I'm not. But it sounds like your character may be extremely confused and... broken. You need to have a good RP justification for what you do, and this does not sound plausible so far.

May I suggest finding a clan-tagged player who works for one of the major corporations and befriending them? Let them show you the tricks of the trade? You can learn a lot and even get invited to an official faction that way.

Just a thought.

RE: ship blew up from the sun in alaska - Typrop - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 04:06 AM)Soldiers.Fortune Wrote: You can learn a lot and even get invited to an official faction that way.

If you even do get invited to an official faction, don't take my route. Seriously.

i had the id because i wanted to be a patrol freighter, but i changed my mind. i wasnt using the LSF id at the time just pointing out that i could buy one so my rep wasnt an issue. as for my name, it is because i want my character to be an AI where the 'fan' is an acronym and the 124 is the version number. i admit i am new to RPing like this. i dont want to join an official faction right now, i want to be independent and explore

and King Boo, i was plotting a course to Pennsylvania on the in game map when i heard the radiation warning, but there was no time to save the ship as it was going to deep and my nanobots were not working.it isnt like i was off screen