Discovery Gaming Community
Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval (/showthread.php?tid=144662)

Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Shaiakan - 10-26-2016

These are border worlds, so i'm not sure where or whom should i get a license to build a POB.
Can you help me out? I planning to build a freelancer or zoner affiliated base. (Just gathering data's at the moment.)

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Sombs - 10-26-2016

Omega 3 -> Bretonia, RHA
Omega 7 -> Rheinland, RHA

In any case: RHA.

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Shaiakan - 10-26-2016

Thanks!

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Jack_Henderson - 10-26-2016

Just make sure you stay far enough away from the Comet in O3 (at least the 15 k), and you will not have any trouble with the IMG. We can even help you out, if you are interested in good relations with the Guild. Smile Send us a comm, if interested. Smile

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Sombs - 10-26-2016

It's also wise to think about the other guys in the region. SCRA are allied with RHA, so they surely will be okay with it when RHA is okay with it, but there are also Gaians and Corsairs. While the Gaians shouldn't have a problem with a neutral base in O-3, as it has nothing to do with Gaia in Edinburgh, the frequent Corsair attacks on O-3 could make you a target as well, so maybe also allow those guys to dock. Just make sure Bretonia doesn't become aware of it. ;3

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Shaiakan - 10-26-2016

I will, and surely i will need some friends around. It's a huge project, and i'm alone, so not sure i can handle it. Thanks for advance!

Le.GĂ©rant - you might right, still dont know what is the best place to build, and i haven't decided yet. You made me thinking.

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Xenon - 10-26-2016

Omega 7

It is a border system to Rheinland space, and it is also one of the 2 systems that connects Rhienland by Bretonia
There is no authority for any group to forbid you from building there, and also you dont have to pay anything to the government, and the government cannot ask you for taxes.
Why? because its border rhienland space, NOT rhienland house system.
Put in consideration that this system (Omega7) is a junction between major trade routes and therefore, some criminal organizations stays there to pirate people
Some criminal organizations ask POBs owners in O7 to pay them fees or they will destroy their bases
Example of these groups is "Red Hessian Army" which is suppose to be a revolutionary group, but infact they are heavily deviated and work as terrorists now seeking the destruction of every base in Rhienland space with minimal RP, like messages saying "Pay us or die" that's it , no RP , no fun

Omega 3

It's a border system to Bretonia space, and it is also one of the 2 systems that connects Bretonia by Rhienland
There is no authority for any group to forbit you from building there, and also you dont have to pay anything to the government, and the gov cannot ask you for taxes
Why? because its border Bretonia space, not Bretonia house space.
Put in consideration that this system (Omega3) is a junction between major trade routes and therefore, some criminal organizations stays there to pirate people
Example, Hessians, Corsairs, Gaians etc..

One more hint mate,
Read the RP law of the house spaces around you
Also you should be fine with a Zoner base there, since zoners should not have problems with hessians or corsairs or others that live in the same area

Good luck!

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Kosa - 10-26-2016

If you want a miner's storage there are other minerals in more secure areas than the Omegas where it is enough to be approved by local authorities.
If you want a production facility you're perhaps the best in Bretonia. Only a 1-time-fee is required to construct. NO monthly payments. Also a lot of construction materials are close.

RE: Omega 3 - Omega 7 POB building approval - Thunderer - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 12:27 PM)Xenon Wrote:
Omega 3

It's a border system to Bretonia space, and it is also one of the 2 systems that connects Bretonia by Rhienland
There is no authority for any group to forbit you from building there, and also you dont have to pay anything to the government, and the gov cannot ask you for taxes
Why? because its border Bretonia space, not Bretonia house space.
Put in consideration that this system (Omega3) is a junction between major trade routes and therefore, some criminal organizations stays there to pirate people
Example, Hessians, Corsairs, Gaians etc..
Good luck!

I'm sorry to Xenon, but although Omega-3 isn't considered Bretonia by the rules, base construction has nothing to do with this. It only means that BAF/BPA ships can't go further than Omega-3, but they do patrol Omega-3, which is, in fact, a protectorate system of Bretonia. Faction laws aren't the same thing as rules. You have to acquire a license from the BPA if you wish to build a base here, otherwise you might wake up one day to see a Dunkirk fleet through your station's window. Not a very cheerful Dunkirk fleet.

On the other hand, if your base is legally built, the BAF will protect it from the RHA or the Corsairs with everything we can spare. We might invite other factions too. Well, unless it dies before we arrive, so make sure it has a shield generator.