Discovery Gaming Community
Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet (/showthread.php?tid=144981)

Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - evanz - 11-04-2016

So I made a spreadsheet

I’ve been using FL companion for ages and I found a really good little programme called “freelancer companions companion”

What it does is it integrates with companion

You can select a minimum profit...e.g. $1,000,000 and start the scan, it then uses companion and scans every system/base in the game and then saves as a text file

I then made a spreadsheet of the results (over 125,000 lines)

It’s quite useful in that it works a slightly different way than companion:-

E.g. if I was in Rheinland and wanted to go to Bretonia, I would filter “from” house Rheinland and then the “to” to Bretonia, it would show me the best commodity and base to go from and to go to

1st result of rehinland to bretonia

It’s very helpful, and shows some good ideas for possible route making

another example say i had a ship not full of cobalt so i wanted to find out whilst i was in o3 what else to take to narita

03 to narita

i filtered out from 03 to narita

-------------------------------------------------

i update it as updates to the server are done

it doesnt show ores, just normal commodities, which can be fun to mix about, instead of people just going for the ores

It’s about 10 Meg

But note I’ve made it in Ms Office excel, latest office, might not work well with earlier versions or other spreadsheet programmes other than MS office

to reset the spreadsheet, remember to clear the filters

[Image: HMCMCGh.jpg]

File Link

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Black Widow - 11-04-2016

Thats really cool man, do you have a link to the spreadsheet?

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Yeggito - 11-04-2016

AND it includes time! ^^

Suggestion; instead of everything in Column M being hard-coded for 3340, replace 3340 with, say, N1, so anyone can type in the cargo available to them (in N1), and have it calculate the profit for their specific setup.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, and this is what column M is already for. GG.

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - evanz - 11-04-2016

(11-04-2016, 09:31 PM)Yeggito Wrote: AND it includes time! ^^

Suggestion; instead of everything in Column M being hard-coded for 3340, replace 3340 with, say, N1, so anyone can type in the cargo available to them (in N1), and have it calculate the profit for their specific setup.

i have
you just change the cargo size of your ship and it calculates your profit, i did that for freighters to land on freighter only bases, as in Bretonia occupied

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Officially_that_Guy - 11-04-2016

And maybe make a second sheet for best $ per second? I prefer that, since i wanna make the maximum cash per time if possible. Getting 10m in 5 minutes is better than making 60 mil in 60 minutes.

(11-04-2016, 09:34 PM)Officially_that_Guy Wrote: And maybe make a second sheet for best $ per second? I prefer that, since i wanna make the maximum cash per time if possible. Getting 10m in 5 minutes is better than making 60 mil in 60 minutes.

you can filter the max profit per second

what you do is make that your first option to filter and then the rest "from and to" etc and just mix different filters until it turns up the best option for you

eg the highest profit per second is :=

Skiros Station Omicron Gamma Corsairs CORSAIRS Artifacts Planet Manhattan Liberty Police, Inc. New York LIBERTY $21,182,280.00 1299 $16,301.61 $21,182,280.00

artifacts to manhatten

16,301.61 per second ($21,182,280.00 profit based on a 3340 cargo)

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Biggles - 11-04-2016

Ah, so the famous @evanz spreadsheet is finally published. Wink

Here's a link to Freelancer Companion Companion, if anyone's interested in using it themselves.

Smile

fl companions companion just saves as a text file, looking through just a text file wont quickly and easily show you best options

i used "index and match" options in excel,to match the base owners, system houses etc. to set up the "from" and the "to" to make the spreadsheet

hence why i made it for people if they want it

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - ALG Classic - 11-04-2016

Wrong account.

RE: Ive made an interesting disco spreadsheet - Biggles - 11-04-2016

Oh, I realise that. Your spreadsheet will be much more convenient for the vast majority of people. I simply linked to the application in case anyone wants to explore it (or its source code, which is included in the download) for themselves.