Discovery Gaming Community
a leave of absense - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: a leave of absense (/showthread.php?tid=145347)

a leave of absense - GamerGirl - 11-15-2016

I have been fighting for Kruger a long time. Asking for a NPC station in koeln, never got anything. A own unique shipline? The art was done, only needed to be converted and some painting job. I have seen other factions been evolving during my time as lead of Kruger, but Kruger did stay the same. It was a rheinland faction. There are just a few devs caring for that. The station we had Reutlingen, was our ONLY advantage we had against other factions. Since the field in omega 7 is our ONLY mining field and if you get shot down there, you can not log in kruger, due to a pvp death. Now the base is destroyed, because of some GMG/IMG and other haters. Ones who have a lot of things in the game for their factions. I never complained we had less, than anyone else. The greed showed by the ones sieging it, because they believed they were deserving MORE than others just made it all sad. My motivation is at its lowest and quite honestly I'm do not even intend to do anything more. Just to see it being put on the long run again and see years passing, enemy factions having better or newer ships/stations and so on than we have. I am just done, hearing these excuses.

But this is discovery and why I feel I should leave it behind me.
I thank the people that made me enjoy this game and admins/developers who were able to help out for certain cases.

For the Krugers:
Quote:I am writing this with mixed feelings, but I am taking a leave of absence. If my motivation do not return in a week or 2 I hand over the Kruger to someone more capable to continue the fight to get Kruger at the level of other factions. I am sorry I did fail you in certain ways, compared to the other factions that got boosts almost every update. But I feel I have to take this leave of absence just to find out for myself if I still want to continue with this game. Before I take this time, I want to thank everyone who I have played with. People who did help me and who took the time to educate or assist me with roleplay and gameplay of freelancer discovery.

RE: a leave of absense - Xenon - 11-15-2016

I understand your reasons and i hope that you stay and go forward with kruger or something else and i recommend something else
ooRP hate is been a reason for many people to leave this server and unfortunately it's the same bad apples that moves other sheep almost all the times
Maybe since there is no presence for rhienland military then there is no security in rhienland anymore.
I believe the military will show up in tiny numbers when the threat is coming from the RHA and it's very obvious why

anyway, i suggest for you to stay and switch to something else away from rhienland until the same group figure a way to move on close to you and start causing troubles again OR some decisions take place and some trouble makers disappear from this server once and for all.
Good luck with your vacation and take your time deciding.

RE: a leave of absense - Typrop - 11-15-2016

okie dokie

RE: a leave of absense - Cælumaresh - 11-15-2016

Another falls victim to the drama that rids disco.
Dont let the game get to you as much mate, and I hope that you'll be back soon.
I may have never really met you ingame, or interacted, but any soul lost does damage to the community.

Regards,

Thomas

RE: a leave of absense - Benoit - 11-15-2016

That is a very sad news indeed. It's always disappointing to see someone like you leaving. Few were so caring to make a lawful civilian Rheinland alive like you did with Kruger. Many many many thanks for the numerous Kruger / DHC convoys (included the ones with your Barge at the time), the gunboat patrols and of course all the help you gave us to fill each other transporters when our factions were online. Never could I send so blindly group invites to another official faction like yours without any hesitation. Those were the good times. So for @GamerGirl @Geolog @Morigan @Karst @Pavel : You have my biggest Kudos ever.
Now I really hope that after 2 weeks you'll be willing to take off again. Not everything has been destroyed. We still have operational PoB's in New Berlin's orbit thanks to RS| and Kruger. They can be used to reconstruct a strong lawful trading Rheinland. And you can count of me for whatever you'll undertake to achieve that goal. From large convoys across Sirius, to continuous mining operations and massive gunboat formations (i really miss the good old Krieger Minerals).

Met vriendelijke groeten.

RE: a leave of absense - Goldberg - 11-15-2016

(11-15-2016, 01:49 PM)Benoit Wrote: That is a very sad news indeed. It's always disappointing to see someone like you leaving. Few were so caring to make a lawful civilian Rheinland alive like you did with Kruger. Many many many thanks for the numerous Kruger / DHC convoys (included the ones with your Barge at the time), the gunboat patrols and of course all the help you gave us to fill each other transporters when our factions were online. Never could I send so blindly group invites to another official faction like yours without any hesitation. Those were the good times. So for @GamerGirl @Geolog @Morigan @Karst @Pavel : You have my biggest Kudos ever.
Now I really hope that after 2 weeks you'll be willing to take off again. Not everything has been destroyed. We still have operational PoB's in New Berlin's orbit thanks to RS| and Kruger. They can be used to reconstruct a strong lawful trading Rheinland. And you can count of me for whatever you'll undertake to achieve that goal. From large convoys across Sirius, to continuous mining operations and massive gunboat formations (i really miss the good old Krieger Minerals).

Met vriendelijke groeten.

Yeah, before I was going to sleep, I was reading my old Kruger MD's in year 2014 and 2015, man... that was my best time in disco, doing traderuns with Kruger| every day, having fun, talking about so much stuff in the groupchat.

I will miss this time, and yeah, kudos to all the people that were in Kruger|, [ALG], DHC- and even RS|

Anyway, here are some one of my favourite pictures:
http://imgur.com/sak8GfL
http://imgur.com/8NZkaEm

Btw Benoit, I miss you xD

(11-15-2016, 02:01 PM)Legionnaire Wrote: Btw Benoit, I miss you xD

Miss you too bro'!! I mean Captain...

RE: a leave of absense - Alley - 11-15-2016

(11-15-2016, 01:49 PM)Benoit Wrote: (i really miss the good old Krieger Minerals).

It's definitely not missed, there's a reason that faction was obliterated by the admin team at the time.

Either way, take a break and enjoy some drama free time.
Hopefully you will come back so there's a chance to solve the mystery you are. I still don't know if you really exist and aren't just an alt of Duvelske.

RE: a leave of absense - Kopesh - 11-15-2016

I tried to halt the siege,but he wouldn't listen Smile
Told him it would destroy Kruger|,he wouldn't listen....

We will take care of Kruger| as best as we can mate.

(11-15-2016, 03:11 PM)Alley Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 01:49 PM)Benoit Wrote: (i really miss the good old Krieger Minerals).

It's definitely not missed, there's a reason that faction was obliterated by the admin team at the time.

Either way, take a break and enjoy some drama free time.
Hopefully you will come back so there's a chance to solve the mystery you are. I still don't know if you really exist and aren't just an alt of Duvelske.

I'll miss them. Before the whole situation went berserk, those players were actually doing what the Omega were supposed to become: a war zone. But it never was delivered. They were an activity hub and it is true to say that nothing was done to help that activity hub to become a permanent one. Too bad the whole Krieger division situation ended like it did. It is a waste of opportunity, if you ask me.

And BTW, Moniek (Gamergirl) is not Emile (Duvelske).