Discovery Gaming Community
JADE Codename Buff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: JADE Codename Buff (/showthread.php?tid=145725)

Pages: 1 2

JADE Codename Buff - Light - 11-26-2016

I'm gonna throw out an idea regarding the JADE codename. We all know its pretty much useless, however I have an idea that might make it quite useful. Turn it into an 6.67 codename weapon, which would make it unique.

JADE: (new stats)
Hull Damage: 440
Shield Damage: 220
Range: 689m
Projectile Speed: 750 m/s
Refire Rate: 6.67
Energy Usage: 90

Color: Green coloration of the Vengeance laser.

And we use the above, instead of the current stats below. Including the new animation which would be a green laser.

JADE: (current stats)
Hull Damage: 880
Shield Damage: 440
Range: 689 m
Projectile Speed: 650 m/s
Refire Rate: 3.03
Energy Usage: 180

As you can see, the stats are balanced for the most part, giving the JADE a higher rate of fire, doubling it, but halving the damage. It will be given the projectile speed of a laser as well. Having a green laser coloration will also make it somewhat stylish to use.

Let me know what you guys think.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Wolf-29 - 11-26-2016

i agree this seems like a reasonable buff to make the weapon a bit more useable

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Vendetta - 11-26-2016

First 6.67 codename with a bit of balance touch-ups? I'd be for it.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Haste - 11-26-2016

The energy usage would be 120 following the current formula. I think the gun's better in its current shape.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - =Hellfire= - 11-26-2016

me wants Big Grin

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Light - 11-27-2016

@Haste

I think this change is needed. Its perfect to take something very underused and make it something great.

We will see a lot more people using JADE in the future if this change is made.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Wesker - 11-27-2016

750 ms 6.67s with 5.88 damage stats making them the most overpowered weapons in the mod?

Hell yea I'm down for this.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Haste - 11-28-2016

(11-27-2016, 04:18 AM)Light Wrote: We will see a lot more people using JADE in the future if this change is made.

Well yeah, first hitting all higher refire higher velocity guns with a large efficiency nerf and then buffing up one codename to be high velocity, high dps, high refire and high efficiency is very likely to make people use it. Everyone'll use it, in fact.

RE: JADE Codename Buff - Light - 12-13-2016

I recently was thinking about the JADE codename, and I still think it is extremely neglected as a weapon due to its stats.

So, with these stats (below this sentence), there is only a change in fire rate, and a small increase in range and projectile speed -- the dps is the same.

Hull Damage: 400
Shield Damage: 200
Range: 700 m
Projectile Speed: 700 m/s
Energy Usage: 82

This will make the weapon the first 6.67 codename, with stats giving it slightly more energy use than existing 6.67 refire guns but slightly more DPS. It makes the weapon actually usable with the DPS and energy being equally proportionate.

~ Lightsy

RE: JADE Codename Buff - PRJKTLRD - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 10:07 AM)Light Wrote: I recently was thinking about the JADE codename, and I still think it is extremely neglected as a weapon due to its stats.

So, with these stats (below this sentence), there is only a change in fire rate, and a small increase in range and projectile speed -- the dps is the same.

Hull Damage: 400
Shield Damage: 200
Range: 700 m
Projectile Speed: 700 m/s
Energy Usage: 82

This will make the weapon the first 6.67 codename, with stats giving it slightly more energy use than existing 6.67 refire guns but slightly more DPS. It makes the weapon actually usable with the DPS and energy being equally proportionate.

~ Lightsy

+ 1.