Discovery Gaming Community
Contamination - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Contamination (/showthread.php?tid=146038)

Pages: 1 2 3

Contamination - Wesker - 12-06-2016

Date: 5 Dezember, 823 A.S

[Image: SiL1DE5.jpg?2]

After the newly appointed Director Siegfried Draay took charge of the SOA, Viking was serving as head of the security division for the SOA's experiments with the nomads on Planet Tangier. Viking was stationed in the surveillance room starring at the monitors making sure everything was in check. Every out-of-place-occurrence was ran past the security division. Even the though the number of calls was low, the security division still took an overprotective approach to each.

Viking stood behind some of the other agents monitoring the labs. He kept his helmet and mask on as always. He was always taken seriously and left no room for error.

The next set of infected subjects is being sent to the lab Herr.

Viking looked down at the monitor and watched each of the bodies pass by quickly, he took notice that some of the bodies had no wounds on them. Captured infected pilots usually ended up dead by the host nomad killing them. But even then some dis-figuration in their face or neck could be seen.

How did they die? There's no wounds?

They're being sent to lab zero, Dr. Engel thinks they might still be active.

Why didn't you or anyone else notify me first?

Because the news only came just as they landed Herr.

Keep a close eye on that lab, I want two agents in that room overseeing the experiment.

Ja Herr.

I'm going up to deck 5 to notify Director Draay, keep a close eye on that room.

The agent turned back and nodded, Viking glanced back at the monitor one last time before walking out of the room. He walked into the elevator, headed up to deck 5 and opened a link with Director Draay.

Dr. Engel got his hands on some live subjects, I'm checking in to see if you were notified because I wasn't-

The intercom started to play a containment breach loop.

Shit.

Herr, something's gone wrong I'm guessing it's those subjects.

He walked over to the intercom radio in the room, and opened the link to deck 13.

Status update NOW.

Herr those subjects were live, the two agents stationed in the room have been killed or infected. The power to labs 0 and 3 have been cut.

Lab 3 held the reserves of nomad remains and still living samples without a host. Viking opened the facility wide intercom.

We have a breach, level 7 I need all security assets to deck 13 NOW!

As he closed the intercomm the main power had been cut, the backup generator came on.

How the hell-

Viking ran for the elevator.

RE: Contamination - Neonzumi - 12-06-2016

Breaching through the atmosphere of Tangier in a small atmospheric shuttle, immediately after pushing through the higher layer of thick smoke produced by all the mining machinery stationed there, the comms sound off jagging Lars out of his absent daydreaming. "Landing pad 6 has been cleared for your ship Herr Major Denis, militia security division bunkers one to six have been notified to prepare for your coming. Ich wünsche einen guten Aufenthalt."

Surprised they haven't noticed him the moment he was in range of the planet, he was a bit disappointed with the traffic control for their sloppy work in such a high security area, but not enough to really make a remark about it. Too bothersome and energy consuming. "Anerkannt, the landing gear has been set out, ready to make my downing. Danke für die Einladung."

The shuttle had finally hit the surface, people were rushing about around it to prepare for the Majors coming, a team of two was already wheeling over some stairs for Lars to exit the ship with, but before they were even halfway there as the top had opened up Major Denis impatiently jumped out onto the surface of Tangier, leaving the two grumps pushing the staircase in a bit of confusion. This was maybe the third time in his lifetime, being on the planet. It was a rather majestic sighting especially from a ground perspective so his rashness was excusable, given that the landing area was surrounded by small hills, minor mountains and an two inactive volcanoes parallel to each-other. Facing the group that was preparing for his landing, with a lightly awkward smile he apologized. "Tut mir leid, I just couldn't wait to take in the view."

Before anyone could really say anything, his view switched upwards looking at the clouded sky of Tangier, closing his eyes moments after with a deep breath just absorbing the atmosphere of the place. Though his moment of peace would be quickly interrupted. A fairly tall (for a female) girl approached Lars, wearing a plane lab coat and a pair of glasses, her hairstyle a stereotypical nerdy bun, something you'd expect a doctor or a researcher, or anything that requires some form of intelligence to wear. Clearing her throat to get his attention she goes for a push on the shoulder to make him snap out, but noticing the patch on it she becomes hesitant and moves the hand away slowly.

"If people are going to treat me with so much caution I don't want this title anymore." Lars stated opening his eyes, exaling shortly, and turning to face the whoever-she-is. "I assume you're here to remind me about the lower level security check up?"

"Ja, Herr Director and Viking can't be everywhere at the same time, even though the heavily armed forces and the main security divisions are in check and on stand by, in case of an outbreak we need everyone to be ready, including the lower ranked security militia." Fixing her glasses straight and clearing her throat once more she locked eyes onto the Major through her blunt, disciplined expression.

"I could figure at least that much, the bunkers are stationed on level one, first floor downwards with the underground elevator? I was briefed before coming here, no need to worry about that meine Dame." She wanted to speak up as soon as he finished his sentence, but Lars assuming what was coming next, silenced her quickly as he started another one, replying to her unasked question. "Yes I do have a firearm with me for emergencies, no I don't need to loan one in case I haven't thought about it, and yes I'll keep the safety on and they'll be out of sight unless necessary." Opening up his long black coat, on the padding there were three holsters for smaller firearms and one slightly bigger than the rest, holding an extended barrel laser pistol.

Leaving her somewhat speechless, before the female could come to her senses and think of what to say Lars made his escape for the elevators, thinking to himself that it would be too much of a bother to start a battle of witty remarks with the whoever-the-hell. "I'll be off to my duties then! Später mein Dame!" The echo of the Majors rushed goodbye bounced off through the tunnel taking him downwards to the first level.

Surprisingly it took about three whole minutes for the elevator to take him down, the location was dug in deep it seems. Probably to save surface space for more important things. Exiting the elevator Lars now stood before the long hallway, each door marked with a number. "So these are the militia bunkers.. " He thought to himself, taking a look around. Even though they were the least relevant of all security, hell, most of them just miners with guns, the place was well secured and reinforced with alloyed beams and strengthened metal housing. Just in case any natural disaster hit the location. And those were pretty frequent on Tangier.

Now came a problem, how to alert them all at once? Lars thought about just shouting down the hallway for them to stand attention, or maybe visit each bunker individually. The first option, a bit too unprofessional, the second too heavy on time consumption. He needed something creative, a way to test how they'd act in an emergency, to test their readyness. After a few moments of deep thought right besides the elevator he noticed there was an emergency alarm, the good old shatter the glass and hit the red button. "Perfect!" he thought, the Major grinning as his hand went for the button glass, but just one inch before he could shatter the poor thing, an actual alarm sounded off. It was the real thing, how convenient and inconvenient at the same time. Thankfully to Lars' delight the militia rushed out of their rooms with relative speed. Geared up with some simple kevlar and EMP protective collars, their hands to their holster. The group of seemingly ready soliders froze as they saw the Major standing before the elevator. But there was no time for awkward silence, no time for paying respect to the ranking officer. "What are you all looking at? Get your guns ready and head up." The group tried their best to snap out rushing towards him. Barely hearing the beep of his comm watch, Lars noticed the emergency message which stated.. -All units to deck 13! This is not a drill!- ..as he was about to go back into the elevator.

"Deck 13, come on go, go go! Stop staring at me." Turning his back to the personnel he was supposed to only check up on, he pulled out his long barreled laser pistol, built after the technology used for the Natter fighter weapons. He had no time to meet any of the people he was now shouting orders at, but an emergency was an emergency. He'll save the introduction for later.

RE: Contamination - Gagadug. - 12-06-2016

"Waidmann" stood on a rock formation below one of the recently active volcanoes. He was looking into the valley below him, watching closely for movements. After he was sure that there was nothing but the odd reptile here and there he jumped in the saddle of his bike, driving on a small path between the boulders he stood on the moment before.
His and his mens task was to make sure no one would approach the installations behind the volcano without the SOA knowing it. And to make sure nothing gets out as well.
While driving to the next lookout he contacted the controll station.

Nothing unusal on the east side of the volcano, I'm moving over to the north.

Only silence was his answer.
After he checked if his equipment took damage and his connection was stable he tried to reach the base again.

Controll center do you hear me ? Hallo ?

No voice again, but now he heard the sound of a siren.
By radio he ordered an Oberleutnant to take over, then he drove towards the base.
Something must have gone terribly wrong...

RE: Contamination - Shelco - 12-06-2016

Lena received a signal on her transponder while flying past Viernheim in the Omega-47 system. "Was is that?" she taps on the signal sign a few times, noticing the signal strength would go down as she watched it. "Hallo? Can anybody hear me?? Hallo?!" Still nothing, she takes out a small device, a direct contact between her Odin and the Fenriswolf, her cruiser.
"Maybe Laufey can work something out..." a loud buzz appeared and she established a connection with her Artificial Intelligence. Laufey...Laufey? display status of connection between me and the Fenriswolf." A slightly muffled robotic-voice starts to speak through her ship. " ***....testing signal strength :::attempting data exchange:::: ||||||||||||90%|||||| ::: DONE::: signal established...*** She let out a breath, being calm now that she could request her help. "Laufey, decrypt the signal i received, location of me, Omega-47." the voice started talking again ***...Understood, decrypting signal |||||||50%||||||75%|||||||||100%...unable to decrypt voice transmitting....*** She almost punched on her controls but was able to hold it back. "Where is the signal coming from?" ***...location of the signal: Planet Tangier...*** She was surprised, although she heard the settling was going down as fast as possible she didn't know that there were many people already. She typed in the co-ordinates of Tangier and made her way.
When she arrived on the planet's surface she saw a big cloud of smoke from the laboratories. "Oh Gott! Something happened! I need to help!" As she finished her landing approach on one of the platforms which were drowning in smoke she crammed out a mask and special suit for missions like this, she was quite nervous, she never was exposed to a danger like this but she knew as Oberleutnant or as Recruit, she'd have to defend her allies from possible danger. "It's okay, Lena, you're a tough girl, you can do this! Now go out there and search for the danger!" She took a large breath from the air that was in her odin before she took her oxygen can with her and a gun just in case.
She jumped out of her ship and activated her nightvision and lights before she disappeared in a smokey corridor.

RE: Contamination - Zayne Carrick - 12-07-2016

Transmission established...
Source: [RHA]RHC-Yggdrasil, Omega-47 system, high orbit over planet Tangier
Source Сomm ID: Director Siegfried Draay

Destination: [RHA]RHB-Gotterdammerung, Omega-11 system, Madsack fragment
Destination Comm ID: Oberleutnant Solveig Draay
Encryption key: Draay DNA - based

[Image: xubHBpu.png]

Guten tag, sister.

You've probably heard that we have a little... crisis on Tangier.
The truth is, we have nomad host infestation there and now sudden promotion of disfavoured commander starts to make sense. I might be paranoid, but I think that contamination actually happened before my promotion to Director and this's just The Girl's subtle attempt to get rid of me once and for all. It doesn't really matters if it's my fault, since I'm Director, it will be my fault and unlike after Dresden Offence, I won't get away with simple demotion, I'll probably face firing squad. And many in Red Hessian Army would be happy if that would be the case. That's why I won't fail. I WON'T FAIL! And I'm prepared to turn that lab to ashes from orbit.

But still, if that's indeed a grand plan to get rid of me, you need to be ready. Gotterdammerung is stationed as close to Tangier as it could be without raising any suspicions. If you would receive distress call from me, you're to take command of Gotterdammerung and head to Walker Nebula, G2 in Omega-47, I should arrive on my personal shuttle shortly. Don't worry, the crew of my previous battleship is hand-picked and their loyalties lie first with me and only then with The Girl.

Transmission terminated.

"Status report"
"Still no contact with lab in question, Director"
"Move the Yggdrasil to lower orbit, synchronise our orbit speed with planet's rotation, prepare to open fire on anything leaving the research complex without proper codes"
"Jawohl, Director"

Those measures should be enough for now, but when dealing with nomads, there's never "enough for long". Siegfried's been to Omicrons and even to Wilde-controlled Omega-55 and he knew that the whole colonisation project is in grave danger now, but he'll do everything he can to prevent it. He won't fail. And he'll start fixing the situation.

"I need all communication and internal logs from that base for previous month, now"

RE: Contamination - Omi - 12-07-2016

Úna was, as usual, half-asleep in her chair as the intercom blared out above her. Security on this godforsaken facility was ninety-nine percent wasting your time - they all knew what was at stake, and how sensitive the information kept locked within these walls was to boot - but that didn't make it any easier to spend hour after hour watching video feeds, stomping around empty hallways, and generally wishing for any excuse to flip the safety off and go to town with a pulse carbine. The coffee machine was more worn out than her power armour, for Odin's sake, even after months of being stationed here. There hadn't been so much as a shorted out light recently, let alone a containment breach or something properly exciting.

Today, however, it looked like Úna had just become one of the one percent. It took her a second to jolt awake in her chair, and another couple to register that this might not be a dream after all. She'd expected to feel elation, excitement - maybe even naked joy at the idea of finally seeing some groundside action. Despite the prestige of the post, her life had gotten markedly less exciting since joining the SOA. It was with some surprise that she noticed she didn't actually feel that excited at all. Instead, the video feed scrolling across the monitor in front of her, coupled with the strident warning message booming through the room only left her with a deep, gnawing sense of trepidation. By Tyr, a level seven breach was bad. Very bad.

"Helvíti!" she cursed, rising to her feet and whipping her pulse rifle out of its stand in one fluid motion. The weapon hummed menacingly as its power coil automatically flickered to life, half a million volts worth of rapid-fire electricity warming up before any potential conflict. This one in particular was a variant of a popular Daumann brand, although the Hessian modifications had traded in battery life for raw stopping power. When set to stun, one man could knock out an entire city-centre riot by himself; set to kill, and the gun would turn whatever happened to be on the business end into a smoking, charred pile of ash. The SOA had spared no expense on the security here at this facility, and for the first time Úna felt truly appreciative of that simple fact.

Weapon held in one hand, the operative cut a decisive figure as she pulled open the door and made off down the corridor, jet-black powered armour whirring with each heavy step towards the main staircase. Deck 13 was five floors down, and the exact site of the breach looked to have been on the other side of the facility, so there was no time to waste. The corridor was already flooded with red warning lights, the whole scene ahead like something out of a horror flick. It was as if Ragnarök were coming to visit the facility personally, transforming the previously dull and silent corridors into blood-red, wailing hallways with infested subjects lurking around every corner, each one ready to-

Shaking her head, she put that thought to bed before it could go any further, breaking out into a full run and activating her helmet mic with a tap on the wrist controls.

"This is Tyrfing," she began, hoping that communications still functioned on the backup generator. "I'm on my way to the breach site. Five minutes."

The silent, static-filled hiss that came through in reply didn't exactly fill her with confidence, but neither did it slow her stride as she ran on into the red gloom ahead.

RE: Contamination - Wesker - 12-09-2016

Date: 5 Dezember, 823 A.S

[Image: U6ZrCUb.jpg?1]

Storming out of the elevator alongside several other agents Viking rushed down the hall. The sound of gunfire told him that the contamination was already getting bad. As he approached the entrances to Labs 1-5, several agents could be seen storming into lab 3. Sounds of screams and strange roars could be herd. However, Viking turned his attention to lab 1, where Dr. Engel was. He ran in to see Engel on the floor with blood on his hands. The two guards stationed were dead as were the other doctors. Viking starred into Engel, he was angry but at the same time realized his value to the SOA. He grabbed Engel and walked in out of the room.

More screams could be herd, however the gunfire was limited to inside the room. The door had been shut, and locked from the inside, likely by an infected soldier. Viking looked over at a pair of agents coming out of one of the labs.

Get Dr. Engel to the surface and off the planet, he's a valuable asset, do not let anything happen to him.

Viking held up the rest of the agents outside the lab, he went to try and unlock the door with his access code but it was jammed completely.

We need a battering ram NOW.

Another set of soldiers came down from the Armory level to the scene with a mobile battering ram. The SOA had an extremely abundant amount of mobile battering rams from a similar set of events that occurred in 818 A.S. The agents set it up, drilled holes into each of the stands it was resting on and powered it up.

Clear!

BANG! The battering ram went off and an enormous dent in the door could be seen. The door was almost two yards thick due to the nature of what was inside the lab. The soldiers reset the battering ram for another hit.

Clear!

This time the vibration could be felt through the ground, the door was nearly down. The soldiers readied the battering ram again for another hit.

Shoot anything that moves, leave the contained specimens alone!

The battering ram slammed against the door again, the door made a very loud bang as it fell to the ground. Viking and a few other agents moved in, the power was out and the lights were gone. They switched on night vision to find dozens of infected people in the lab with some specimens still in their chambers. Viking didn't hesitate, he and the other agents let off several rounds at the infected. The rifle started to heat up and Viking drew out his pistol as what seemed like an endless horde of infected soldiers charged at them.

FALL BACK NOW! DOWN THE HALL!

The soldiers moved back towards the elevator several agent's going up at a time.

RE: Contamination - Neonzumi - 12-09-2016

Lars with a total of eight people got aboard the service elevator which was barely able to hold them, leaving behind the rest of the militia to stand their ground just in case the infection spread. By the time they organized the little group Major Denis received enough information about what exactly was happening in the main research building. Heading back up towards the surface the atmosphere was rather tense, the people behind him weren't tough trained soldiers, they were just the most basic security guards barely shown how to fire a gun and put on their powered kevlar. He couldn't take it, but it was inevitable that his men would be scared, so the Major thought he'd motivate them for whatever its worth with a few words of encouragement. Mein Mann, loosen up! You're getting a chance to shoot up some aliens, real blood to be spilled and infected flesh to be filled with bullets! Is there a true Hessian that doesn't enjoy a bit of roughing up?" He was briefly interrupted by the elevator shaking lightly from an explosion on the surface, which hadn't staggered Lars one bit, he had to keep a poker face on for the sake of his men. Continuing to speak through his smiling, aggressive grin."You hear that? Sounds like some battering rams opening up more opportunities for regretless bloodshed of our fabricated target practice! You can trust me Mein Mann, up there is Herr Vikings team, and you're standing behind a Major, and we are the Red Hessians, we don't throw subordinates out as cannonfod, or at least I don't. So if anyone dies first, its going to be me." Speaking the words of his own death so lightly, and with a very joyful smile was kind of frightening for the militia, but at the same time they would regret not standing up behind his words. Scared, no proper speech could come out, so everyone gave some kind of gesture to show their trust. Some nodded at him, some prepared their weapon, some unholstered their pistol and such, the elevator quickly ticked up at the surface.

Heading out, Lars was greeted by the face of whoever-she-was that directed, or at least attempted to direct him to his duties earlier.
"Herr Major Denis! There was a.. " She is quickly interrupted by Lars for the second time today, must feel awkward for her to be left speechless twice, in the same hour by the same man. But it was not the time to think about manners. "Security breach on deck thirteen, contamination on labs one till five. Viking needs support, we're heading up." With that the Major followed by mostly determined militia ran their way to the main research building, kicking the door open, the sound of emergency sirens already filled his ears. No words he signaled for the men to follow him towards the elevator, through the bloody empty reception area. The service elevators were down a hallway through the emergency escape doors leading to a long set of stairs. Pulling out his weapon slowly, they made their way with caution. Sound of dripping is heard, leaking pipes.. or something else? One of the militia felt something blue drop onto his shoulder, an odd liquid with no smell once they got out of the maze of steps and were able to see the elevator door in the close distance. Looking upwards, fear could be felt in his voice. "H.. Herr Major.. " He shook as out of nowhere a wild lab coat wearing beast jumped him. It wanted to start ravaging the poor guy lifting its arms up ready to rip his head clean off. A gun sounded off, one of its limbs flies off as it tries to land on the security guards face while at the same time a bright red laser pushes through its head exiting and stopping right above its victims own forehead, the laser shot followed by an actual bullet which played through the creatures brain spilling odd blue liquid all over the place as the militia man kicked it off in panic. "Dust yourself, shake it off and lets continue. Told you no one gets to die before me." A reassuring smile sent the guys way before Lars turned back, his long coat swinging behind him as he went for the elevator dashboard, still holding both guns in his hands. Luckily they didn't have to wait, it was already at the ground floor. The group got inside once they helped the fallen comrade up, and headed for level thirteen where the outbreak was being held back by Viking.

Finally up where they're supposed to be, arriving fairly quickly with the express elevator, they are immediately greeted by running into Viking which was waiting with his men. "Herr Viking, as all forces were requested to mobilize, we're here. Found myself on the planet during inspection duty and the situation just seemed to keep getting worse and worse. We're ready to assist. I haven't had a good shootout in a long while!" The enthusiasm in him was even scary to a degree, his smile never breaking even more. But at least that meant he was ready to put a bullet through anything, which was a good thing at least for now.

RE: Contamination - Gagadug. - 12-09-2016

Waidmann reached control center, near the elevator platform. Everything was shining in the red emergency lights since the energy cut out. He rushed into the command room and went straight for the outbreak control.

What in the name of the gods is going on?

We got an outbreak on multiple decks! Viking already called for all availeable personel for support.

He had to think for a few seconds what would be the best thing to do now. His best bet was to keep the guard around the area up. If they failed to control this situation they could the least tell the fleet wich area to erase from the face of this planet.

Alright. I'll get as many men as I can and go down too.

He opened the door to the restroom for the other shifts so violently it nearly fell out of its frame and began to shout at every single one laying in the beds to move and meet up with the already gathered soldiers.
Taking himself an old fashined shotgun to complete his gear he lead them to the elevators and explained what laid ahead.

We got a level 7 outbreak ladies, I propose you wake up or this will be your last day in this life.
Viking is already down there and tries to get this under control. He either needs support or a cleanup crew.
So lets get going!

The gate of the elevator opened, and Waidmann checked his shotgun. If they were awaited by what he thought they were he'd have no time for a locked weapon.

RE: Contamination - Shelco - 12-10-2016

While she wa sproceeding through the dust in the lower levels, Lena heard silent gunshots and all sorts of screams in the distance, she looked up the tall corridor and then wiped of the sweat that was starting to drip on her vision goggles.
It was very hot in the corridor, as if there was a heat malfunction, she didn't know exactly what she had to fear, everything she knew was that there was some kind of outbreak and that she was the only one in the lower levels.
"Do I even have the firepower?" She asked herself as she checked the full magazine of her gun again.
She proceeded to he right just to see a broken elevator, she entered it and tried to press all sorts of buttons...none of which worked, as she looked up she saw an emergency escape hatch. "Maybe this leads me somewhere" She opened the hatch and climbed through it, she now was in the very long elevator tunnel that would go many stories up. She climbed up the long carrying metal ropes to the next story where some of the laboratories were. It wasn't as hot or smokey up there but still not much to see without light, she sneaked around the corridors always with her sights up just in case something would jump on her. When she passed a small laboratory she heard something, as if somebody threw something on the ground so she went prone behind a shelf that was laying across the corridor. She heard steps near her, coming closer and closer while she got even more nervous, she was ready to shoot if she would have to but luckily the steps seemed to get distance from her again. She waited for a few seconds to be sure and then hopped over the shelf in direction to a stairway. She ran up as many stories as she could until there was a big gap between. She jumped over the gap almost falling down but able to hold on and get herself up.
"Way too close..." She whispered as she proceeded, the gunfire was now more clear and she was sure that there were other agents near her.

Suddenly something attacked her from behind, an infectee. "Ah! Get away from me, you failed experiment" She threw the person over her shoulder and took her gun to shoot it in the face as it was still laying on the ground. A clean headshot, she was a bit shocked that she did that but what would have happened if not?
I need to find the other agents, they must be somehwere!" She didn't have much time to look at the corpse and thus made her way to the gunfire which was getting louder all the time. She heard several voices calling out commands but suddenly were all silenced. She entered a big room where many dead people were laying on the ground, she didn't know which ones were infected and which one weren't, she stepped over the bodies just to see another staircase. "Verdammt! I must have missed them!" She took the staircase up as fast as she could, it seemed to be less affected by the outbreak than the other one, there was no gap stopping her from running.
When she arrived at the top, she ran into Viking and the others, barely able to talk due to her exhaustion. "H....H....Hallo..." She said with a heavy voice.