Discovery Gaming Community
Contamination - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Contamination (/showthread.php?tid=146038)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Contamination - Zayne Carrick - 12-10-2016

Transmission established...
Source: [RHA]RHC-Yggdrasil, Omega-47 system, low orbit over planet Tangier
Source Сomm ID: Director Siegfried Draay

Destination: *unknown*
Destination Comm ID: Brigadegeneral Annabelle Heinrich
Encryption key: Red Hessian Army Revolutionary Council

[Image: xubHBpu.png]

Guten tag, mein Brigadegeneral!

I have some good news for you about Tangier contamination.
First of all, Yggdrasil has managed to establish contact with our forces on the ground, senior SOA agent on site codenamed "Viking" is still alive and is claiming that contamination is still in early phase and can be stopped, I've dispatched two shuttles with marines to the lab. If situation is indeed in early phase, that would be enough to stop it. And if the situation is much worse than we know, infectees won't get much new hosts to possess.
Also, the space around lab is under Ygdrassil's complete control - noone can escape it without being noticed - be it on shuttle, starfighter or ground vehicle. Unless nomads can dig tunnel on the other side of Tangier, there's no danger towards civilian population of planet. I've already designated one of the carrier's hangars for quarantine, so if some of our operatives or scientists would come back... changed we would be able to quickly put an end to their miserable existance.

Transmission terminated.

After careful study of all logs and biographies Siegfried realised two things: first - he can rely on "Viking" to certain degree and second - something is wrong about Dr. Engel. He couldn't really pinpoint it, but something definitely was wrong with his behaviour, especially in last few months.

"Find me travel logs of Engel for past 5 years and contact Viking on the ground"
"Jawohl, Director"

"Viking, if you've located Dr. Engel, enchain him and put a muzzle on his head. Yeah, I know he wouldn't be too happy about it, but if I'm wrong I'll personally apologise to him. And if I'm right... well, let's hope I'm wrong."

Perhaps, this situation can still be turned into a great victory for Red Hessian Army and especially for Siegfried Draay. They would call me Siegfried the Wildeslayer! Siegfried the Saviour of Tangier! Who would dare to oppose me in Revolutionary Council? Noone! But to achieve that, situation must be resolved and resolved quickly. Certainly before The Girl would arrive, wherever she's now.

RE: Contamination - Omi - 12-23-2016

Five floors worth of stairs wasn't all that far, but with klaxons blaring all around her and only the dim emergency lighting to see by, Úna felt like she was descending into the depths of hell. On Tangier, of all worlds, the effect was even more pronounced. The blasted hellscape outside the base was a searing wasteland by day; by nightfall, the scorched earth all but flash-froze into a world of icy, howling winds. The world's instability was tolerated only because of the Hessians' insatiable need to fuel their growing war machine - and, of course, it made for a rather convenient place to hide a research facility. Most of the complex was underground, and the few buildings that poked above the desolate landscape resembled one of the many mining camps at first glance.

Of course, this also meant that there was no way out in, say, the event of a level seven containment breach. Oops.

Screaming and gunfire greeted her as the door hissed open, the sound of pulse fire and old-fashioned gunshots echoing through the air in equal measure. The only welcome noise was the constant purr of the carbine she held firmly in her hands, the weapon's energy coil thrumming as she raised it to her shoulder. One step at a time - that was all she had to do. Work her way carefully towards the rest of the team, and then they could proceed together. The sooner she had someone to watch her back, the better.

"Tyrfing here," she murmured, her helmet mic transmitting her voice automatically. "Leaving the main stairwell now. Heading towards breach coordinates. Be there in three minutes, maybe two." The expected acknowledgement didn't come, in much the same way that it hadn't come the previous time. An equipment malfunction? Some other day, Úna would have liked to believe it. Something deeper was at hand - nothing more serious than a level two incident had ever cropped up here. Everything beyond that had been, until now, entirely theoretical, and the safety protocols and fallback procedures that every member of staff had drilled into them would have impressed even an Order agent. The doubt nestled itself in the back of her mind, and she made a brief mental note to bring it up when - or if - she made it out of here.

Stalking along the corridor with measured, wary paces, her helmet light illuminating a clearer path through the gloom, Úna tensed up at every little movement and sound that came through. Despite the cacophony off in the distance, deeper into the facility, she was more than a little perturbed and surprised to find that she was still alone. The lack of anything beyond ambient noise was terrifying. Her hairs stood up on the back of her neck, and the urge to run warred against her discipline with each further pace she took. Her comrades were fighting and dying up ahead, but to sprint towards their aid could be the death of her. One escaped subject lunging from the shadows and she wouldn't even have time to raise her gun. Her trigger finger twitched outside the guard as she headed further inwards, each step preceded by a sweep of her gun barrel and a wary stare as she made her slow, paranoid way towards the ongoing outbreak.

RE: Contamination - Wesker - 12-24-2016

Date: 6 Dezember, 823 A.S

[Image: Zi3ruKy.jpg?1]

Anna sat behind a desk illuminating a map of the facility while listening to Draay send his update. Infuriated, she looked up at the Omega fleet officers.

Well are we deaf? DEPLOY THE GARRISON! She yelled, the officers got up out of their chairs and ran to their stations.

One of the other officers looked up and spoke.

This was a poorly made decision, director Dresner should've been left in charge. Some of the other officers looked up as well. Anna walked around towards the officer has he spoke with a vile tone at Anna, with no patience left she interrupted him.

Oh I'm sorry.

She reached in front of the chair and grabbed his neck choking him as she continued to speak. Her eyes lit up blue giving way that she was -not- happy at all with the officer's statement. The officer struggled to even get his hands up to grab the hand Anna was choking him with, but her gloves prevented him from getting a trip on her hand.

Were you going to say something else?

He struggled to shake his head and look up as Anna's grip on his neck tightened further.

You should mind your tone when speaking to your superiors officer, Director Draay isn't the one to be held responsible here.

She let go of his neck his head fell over on the table coughing violently. Anna continued walking around the room as she spoke, looking for any other expressions of disapproval with her decision.

This, Dr. Engel, was transferred to Tangier without my notice nor Director Draay's. If you think Directory Draay is incapable of sustaining his position officer then perhaps you should assist him in the effort on Tangier.

She called back one of the officers leaving for Tangier.

You have just inherited that officers responsibility, should Director Draay fail you will suffer the same fate as he.

She looked up at the rest of the officers before speaking again.

Anyone else?

The officers remained silent.

Dismissed.

-Elsewhere-

Viking and several others were on the elevators headed up from the facility as the deck 13 was undergoing complete lock down procedures. He turned towards the other soldiers in the elavator.

There was an outage, the only place an outage could've come from is deck 7. We need to get the power back on so we have eyes on deck 13 to assess the situation more. There are two seperate generators on both sides of the facility we'll split up into-

The elevator began to shake Viking nearly lost his stance, it was a tremor. The elevator was wedged into one of the walls, they were on deck 10.

Viking opened the local comm to the soldiers heading up on the other elevators.

They're going for the shock absorbents, EVERYONE GET TO DECK 11 IF THOSE ABSORBENTS AREN'T POWERED OR IF THEY'RE DAMAGED THIS ENTIRE FACILITY WILL COLLAPSE ON US.

Viking and another soldier forced open the door connecting them to Deck-10, the group moved out being weary of any other infected soldiers.
As the group cleared out one of the smaller rooms Viking listened in to Director Draay's Orders. Viking immediately switched comms to the soldiers in charge of getting Dr. Engel out of the facility.

Change in plans, restrain him, if he resists, put a round in his leg. The Director want's some information out of him.

RE: Contamination - Reeves - 12-27-2016

[Image: d5694be721.jpg]

Lukas had a purpose behind tracking someone down to Tangier, but what he wasn't expecting was to see the Yggdrasil effectively blockading one side of the planet. That and the fact that he hadn't seen a single Hessian fighter on the flight over here did somewhat make him uneasy about his surroundings. Deeming it just a minor case of paranoia, he kept his cruise drives active and heading directed for the planet ahead of him. Things only seemed to get stranger the closer he came to the Yggdrasil, which immediately opened up a private channel. "Flieger. Turn your ship around and leave the system."
Seeing that as a highly peculiar order, he felt he had to query, even though it might land him in a bit of trouble, he'd undertaken a personal task that he wasn't quite ready to abandon, but little did he know the actual problem. "I wasn't made aware of any withdrawal orders from this area, as far as I know, I should be able to patrol the area."
He noted two Odins on direct approach vectors upon transmitting that in reply, either they were launched to shoot him down and imprison him or something less obvious.

It wasn't till he saw a worrying chunk of his shield charge drop down to one measly bar, did he realize that a set of fighters had flanked him from the side. Instinct and what little training he had took over and he quickly put his Loki through the paces of an evasive roll and then multiple sharp turns, the two Odins had never had an intention of fighting him, only those few ships that had seemingly broken through what was an iron-clad blockade. One of the violent craft were put down almost immediately, they chose to focus fire on Lukas but with all the moving and the proximity in which he had baited the hostiles to the Odins, he'd more or less involuntarily become the bait in a flanking manoeuvre. There were five violent pursuers and the three of Hessians now, out of which one was the focus of all this aggression. In a daring move, he cut his engines and put his craft in reverse, moving from the target to one of the three pursuers in a nerve-wracking roar of engine trails over his canopy. He took a shaky breath and like the other two craft attempted to pick them off one by one.

It wasn't long before the odds were on an even level, with two more craft being downed by a constant hail of red laser cannon fire and anti-shield missiles that Lukas was very liberal in throwing their way. Despite being outnumbered and unable to avail the full fire support of the Yggdrasil, due to how quick fighters were in general, the trio had somehow held back the ships that seemed to be attempting to escape, albeit very aggressively. Soon after the last Sabre hurled out of control and exploded with its pilot still inside, the private channel crackled back to life. "Change of plans Flieger. You're staying here. You've seen too much to leave and you've proven somewhat useful. You're cleared to resupply with us and aid the containment effort."
He had no idea what he was getting himself into, his initial objective of coming here had taken a turn in the opposite direction and for better or worse, he was stuck and obligated into following that order.

The three ships drew back from where the remainder of the fight had taken place and regrouped with the Yggdrasil, Lukas hid the fact his hands had been shaking the whole time. A common occurrence, but one he had frequently combated and told nobody about.

RE: Contamination - Shelco - 01-02-2017

"Viking, I need better equipment, got only a few bullets left, and you can bet I don't touch these things with bare hands." Viking looked over to her and gave a dark "Indeed" to her, shortly followed by a rifle more suitable to kill the many infected in the facility. "This should do, are you sure you can handle this?" His voice almost seemed like he wanted to make fun of Lena since she would not seem like a very tough and brutal person at first glance. "Sicher, if not, I'd not even be here." She blew a strand of hair away from her face and gave him an emotionless look. "So, deck number 11, we're on 10 and the elevator is not working and the whole deck is basically dark, great situation, I guess it's the stairs then, where do we have to go?" Viking took out a small hologram device that showed their current position on a 3D visualization of the whole facility. The blue light of the hologram illuminated the dark room they were currently in."We'll go this way." He pointed down a hallway that had several smaller corridors and rooms linked to it. Without any good light source and this many ambush possibilities those freaks will most likely jump on us, Riemann you watch our 3, I'll go first and cover the front, you guys take the 6 and 9, ready?" Lena nodded and checked the rifle that Viking gave her. They moved out of the room in a formation, no infected would be able to jump on them without being shot down immediately. They made their way to the first corner of the dark hallway, flashlights that were attached to their weapons would illuminate a small area in front of them so they'd not need to be completely in the dark. Viking stopped the group with a hand sign and slowly looked around the corner. Lena was holding her rifle a bit more up, being ready to fire any second but Viking signaled that the corridor was free and they all grouped up again. As they proceeded through the next corridor, they heard a silent rumbling, as if something stumbled against a wall. Viking slowly turned his head to Lena's direction and whispered Riemann, that came from the right, check the room, you two check the other rooms" Lena nodded to him and breathed out before positioning herself at the corner of the entrance. She quickly turned to the room with her rifle up and let the flashlight search the whole room in a few seconds, there was nothing in the room but one of the soldiers suddenly started screaming when an infected jumped on him and punched wildly on his whole upper body. They were all shocked for a few seconds and did not point their flashlights on the soldier who got attacked and thus could not see what it was doing with him. Viking was the first realizing the situation again and shot the infected in the back, 6 maybe 7 times, none of them counted bullets. Viking took the corpse of the infected and pushed it aside and off from the attacked soldier. "Soldat, are you okay, speak verdammt!" The soldier was not able to speak, he coughed and puked on the floor next to him, his veins looked like they were almost popping out of his body, Viking stood up away from him. "He's infected, that thing must have placed a seed in there." The other soldier started to speak "Sir, we don't know yet if he-" Viking cut his words "I am not taking any risks here, Soldat." He took a step back from the soldier who was still coughing, blood came with every cough and his eyeballs turned into his head almost completely. Viking took his rifle and aimed, giving the suffering soldier a quick headshot. The single gunshot seemed way louder than the many rounds he fired in the back of the infected since this one filled the utter silence on the whole deck. The blood slowly streamed out of the forehead of the soldier, they were all standing there, Lena still stood at the corner of her room and stared at the dead soldier, Viking turned around and walked past Lena, giving her an emotionless glance while passing her. "We've got time for grieving later, let's get going, there's the staircase to deck 11, we have an objective to protect, come on!" They all looked at each other for a moment before going into formation again and walking up the staircase, reaching deck number 11 at last, the shock absorbents were still unguarded, Lena knew too that it would all end here if they wouldn't be able to secure them.

RE: Contamination - Zayne Carrick - 01-03-2017

Great, just great, thought Siegfried. Now the unauthorized personnel started to show up. Regular Army fighter first, but what's next? Coalition Typhoon? Corsair Legate? I'm certainly running out of time, maybe bombing the hell out of facility and blaming all on sudden volcanic eruption is not such a bad idea. But then goodbye Siegfried the Saviour of Tangier, welcome Siegfried, Whose Ass Was Saved by Volcano. Not an option... for now.

"Director, the travel logs of Dr. Engel"
"Good"
"You must've forgot something, where's order about his transfer to Tangier?"
"Here, Director, I was able to found two, one signed by you and one by Director Dresner"

For Odin's sake! Siegfried briefly checked the rest of the logs, apparently the last "real" assignment of Dr. Engel was survey of Omega-58 system! And that was 10 months ago. Apparently after that Engel abused period of transition in SOA leadership and just showed the most suited order, when people were asking questions. Maybe next unauthorized ship won't be a Legate, maybe it will be Rheinland Cruiser, bearing "Unknown" IFF.

"Director, we've detected gravitational anomaly in Melilla debris field. It may be just an asteroid collision or a capital ship might've entered the system."
You've got to be kiddin' me...
"ETA of capital ship in cruise to the heart of Mellila debris field?"
"20 hours, Director, but a fighter would do it in 6"
"Contact that unauthorized pilot"

"Flieger Lukas Riemann, the Red Hessian Army Spezialoperationabteilung needs your services, you're to scout Melilla Debris Field located in B/C 2/3 right now and report about any anomalies. Dismissed!"

Maybe that's all is indeed a hidden grand plan, but not to remove Siegfried Draay from power, yet to crush the Army from within? And what if I'm just playing along with initial plan of Dr. Engel, Wilde hivemind, Grand Nomad or whoever is in charge of those abominations? I need to do something unexpected, something unpredictable...

Ye, I might have an idea, but first I need to be sure.

RE: Contamination - Reeves - 01-04-2017

[Image: d5694be721.jpg]

Only just after Lukas had in-fact begun to soothe himself into a nap did the order blare out through the private communications of his ship, jolting him from his comforting repose. "J-Ja..?! I'll do it." Tripping over his words just slightly but at least not from his nerves this time, going back out into the enigmatic fray wasn't comforting at all, but an order from the Director wasn't mere suggestion, doing this and doing it well would put him in the good books of the S.O.A, something he did want.

There was a momentary rattle as the field that locked his ship in place deactivated, after a brief check of all his fighter's systems he was cruising out a small opening in the ship's expansive interior that acted as the hangar. It was comforting to note that he had more than enough fuel for an assignment like this, but it was somewhat worrying that they didn't give him any details beyond where they wanted him to go. Every-time the urge to reopen the comm's and asked arose, he reminded himself of why he was ultimately doing this. Having been of no consequence in his life thus far, he was looking to change that and at the very least do what he set out to do by coming back home, doing a 'favor' for the S.O.A today meant a better chance of working with them tomorrow.

Six hours was still quite a while and the one over-sight he'd made was that he had very little in the way of food on-board, only a single bag of left-over lunch that he didn't have the stomach for after his skirmish with those strange escaping ships. There was too much on his mind right now to feel sleepy or to feel hungry, only the slight tug of fear remained to keep him alert, he had no idea of what to expect or if coming back from this was a possibility. For now however, the field was only a set of distant specks that his eyes could barely make out, not even registered on his scanners yet.

The corners of his eyes felt like they'd just began to burn after the first few small chunks of debris grated harmlessly against the shields of his fighter, bouncing off into the distance. Entering the field yielded strange results, chiefly the fact that his scanners were picking up consistent E.M-Wave spikes, nothing he was familiar with. Having never encountered something like this before he was unsure of how to truly handle it. Bearing those things in mind and reminding himself of his orders he quickly reopened the communications link. "I'm picking up E.M-Wave spikes within the debris field's immediate proximity, proceeding further to investigate the source."
In dubious brilliance, Lukas took a sharp turn and collided with what seemed like thin-air, which would be odd given no atmosphere was present but the phrase still stood. In doing so he'd forced a ship that had begun prowling through the field to deactivate its cloaking drive and re-enable its shields to avoid further hull damage.
It was a single and rather worn Donau-Class Rheinland Cruiser, practically the pride and joy of the Military. That didn't answer why it was here and why its turrets were turning towards Lukas' fighter.

"I just collided with a Donau, it's in pursuit of me and closing distance. What am I supposed to do..?!" There was a slight hint of panic to his tone, but given the awkward situation, that was more or less justified. There were a few seconds of painful silence as he rocked and weaved his ship through holes in the field, while the pursuing cruiser merely rammed through the larger chunks. "Flieger, listen to me very carefully. Your pursuer knows you to be a scout and knows if you escape any element of surprise is lost. It won't stop chasing you till your ship and body alike burn into a fine ash. Lure them into the Omega-41 system, with luck our minefields will pin it in place and disable it till our own ships can handle the situation."
Throughout his travel to the respective jump-hole, he kept muttering how he didn't like this situation whatsoever, merely to soothe himself and remain distracted from the imposing and eerie olive drab silhouette that was gradually closing the engagement distance to him. Whatever was within that ship, he didn't want to be taken alive by it.

Lukas' guts practically thumped against his spine with how fast he came out of the jump, giving himself no rest and immediately proceeding onwards with his ship's cruise engines enabled, he'd gained a little ground but his pursuer wasn't far behind at all. The neutron star in the distance was bathing the both of them in constant storms of radiation, not enough to breach the hull but enough to be concerned about. Soon a cruise disruptor rammed itself against his engines before exploding in a cloud, cutting his only comfort of speed. With his only advantage gone, turret-fire roaring past him from near-misses and having to constantly ensure he didn't collide with any of the active mines around him, he thought it best to reconcile with the fact that he wasn't getting back in one piece whatsoever, that being the case he'd ensure he succeeded in one objective at the very least.

Thankfully for Lukas, this wouldn't be the first or the last time that blind luck smiled down upon him, a rather deafening explosion sounded out, quickly followed by a sharp metallic thud with a solid object. Upon killing his engines and coming about, he saw the Donau stuck between an exploded mine and a pair of rocks, gruesomely wedged between all three and incapable of escaping this without considerable help, given the location, help was very unlikely. "The Donau's.. successfully pinned between some asteroids and a mine.." You didn't need to be a psychologist to know that Lukas was very tightly wound after the whole ordeal and really needed a small break to compose himself. He was no legendary pilot, but he thanked his stars for being stupendously lucky in more than one set of occasions. "You handled yourself well, Fleiger. Return to the Yggdrasil, leave the rest of the job to us, you did your part."

The flight back without projectiles being hurled at him was something he savored for the moment and upon landing within the ship and hopping out of his own, he began to stumble before eventually just given up attempts at balance, he remained sprawled out across the metal hangar floor for a few moments, calming himself from having just been in a turbulent death-trap for what felt like an eternity. Only when his mind slowly put itself at ease did he get up, hoping that if he was sent out again it would be under simpler circumstances.

RE: Contamination - Zayne Carrick - 01-04-2017

Why it's always the worst case? Why doesn't fate favour me lately? Ye, the Riemann delayed Wilde reinforcements, probably sheer luck, but keeping an eye on boy might reap benefits. But how much time did it bought? A day? Two? Well, probably enough to request reinforcements, but how would that look? Siegfried the Wildeslayer is scared of one cruiser, which is supposedly a system away from here, while having the best ship in army with full compartment in his disposal? I would become laughting-stock on next Council meeting. And I'd rather be dead, than laughing-stock.

Certainly, now that cruiser is easy target but I just can't move Yggdrasil away from Tangier. But if I'll do nothing... worst case scenario - in 30 hours Yggdrasil will be rammed by cloaked cruiser and simultaneously Wilde on planet would launch everything they got their hands on, damaged Yggdrasil won't be able to intercept all enemy craft. And I would get a chance to say hello to firing squad, if I'll survive the battle.

Unpredictable...

Right, maybe I get someone else to do my dirty work. The question is - who.
Kassel? The order has to go through Brigadegeneral. No way.
Freeport 5 zoners? The only thing they can do is call Order for help. Too long. No way.
Corsairs? May work.

"Assemble fighter squadron"

"Listen up, pilots, I have a difficult assignment for you. You're to travel to B6 in Omega-41"
"Isn't it where that regular Riemann disabled Wilde Cruiser"
"Indeed"
"And how are we supposed to deal with it?"
"You don't. Your path would lie in listening-in distation of Casablanca base. When in proximity, you, Lieutenant Ludewig will transmit your orders to squadron. And your orders are to escort disabled BDM cruiser, which has decided to defect to hessians to the safety of Dresden system. Make sure your talks were intercepted. Dismissed."
"It will be done, Director"

Dossier of Casablanca's administator suggested that he was rush hothead, so he might indeed fall to this. If Loki, the god of deception is on my side today, corsairs might not even discover that they've destroyed Wilde cruiser. And if they would discover it will make no difference whatsoever.

Still, the time is very short.

"Get me Viking on the line"

"Viking? I need a status update now! What? I don't care about those odinforsaken absorbers. Where's Dr. Engel? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY OF SITUATION? NO, IT'S YOU WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND. I NEED RESULTS ON THE GROUND. AND I NEED THEM YESTERDAY. I'D RATHER TURN THIS FACILITY INTO DUST THAN LET THE INFECTEES TO CARRY THEIR PLAN"

Suddenly, Siegfried realised that he doesn't know what plan the infectees are carrying. At first it seemed as they're simply trying to escape with bunch of new hosts. But involvement of cruiser suggested that they might have a grander scheme. It's illogical to risk a cruiser to help few hundreds of hosts to escape.

"I need all Dr. Engel's works, starting with most recent ones."

RE: Contamination - Gagadug. - 01-05-2017

The elevator came to a stop with a rattling sound.
When the doors opened they opened the sight to a corridor that looked like it was the scene of a horror movie, five dead soldiers, or what was left of them after they were killed with apparently most simple weapons, were spread across the floor, the walls painted red and shining in the bright light of the ceiling lights.
There was no sign of infectees, but worryingly neither of the weapons the dead soldiers must have had.
Waidmann gave his men the sign to move through the corridor, step by step securing every door and the rooms behind them.
When they reached the end of the corridor, the floor began to shake, making the men wince and point their guns at every corner.

The shock absorbents. Waidmann mumbled All men to the emergency stairs! We have to get to the eleventh deck now.

The whole group turned back and went to the room leading to the emergency stars, no more closed and organized securing but hastly moving to not die on this rock.
The stairs themselves were only illuminated by red emergency lights and when they found the way from the 8th to the 9th deck blocked they nearly ran into the ceiling part that came down and did not leave any room for moving ahead.
The only way was to get to the hoistways, hoping that either the elevators worked through a miracle or they were able to climb up to the next deck.

When they entered the 8th deck they noticed a song playing on a radio, probably descending of some laboratory desk whos owner left hastly.
The corridor looked like nothing happened here, not even the alarm was sounding here.
It seemed so surreal that Waidmann stood still for a second. Just the sound of the radio could be heard.

And then a silent groan.

Everyone turned his head, seeing a woman in a lab coat standing behind one of the men and a blinking pinch looking out of the place where his heart had to be.One of the soldiers fired a salvo of shots at the woman, rushing her off her feet along with the soldier, creating deep craters in their bodies.
Another gunshot could be heard, this time from where the elevators had to be, making one of the men fall to the ground holding his belly.
The entire group raised their guns as they saw more and more people appear from the laboratorys and the elevator.
When the shock was overrode by the routine of years of fighting all hell broke loose, gunshots filled the air and stamped holes in the walls.
Smoke began to fill the corridor, probably released from some broken laboratory device and the sight became worse and worse.
More and more men fell; shot, stabbed or simply strangled with the immense strength the infectees posessed.
Some men tried to make their run for the elevator, followed by the creatures, shooting everything they had at them. But no matter how many bullets they sent in their way, as long as the body was not dead yet they would not fall.

When they reached the elevator only four men of the group were alive still, rushing into the elevator. One of them hammered on the button that closes the doors so violently that a loud metallic noise sounded that probably could be heard through the entire hoistway. After what seemed like an eternity the doors began to shut while their fire kept the infectees at bay.
Through the last gap between the doors some shots were fired into the elevator, hitting one of the men in the chest, then the door shut like the curtain after a stageplay and the elevator began to move towards the 11th deck.

RE: Contamination - Gagadug. - 01-12-2017

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/e95JUFT.jpg?1[/img]Leif Markward sighed when he got the order to push Director Draay to deliver results.
This woman thought that she could achieve everything only with an angry look or appearance, disregarding the impossibility to deliver results any faster.
Though this should not be his concern but Draays. Having this outbreak directly after his appointment as director of the SOA threw a bad light on him and would surely make people question if it had something to do with his incapability.
Maybe they were not even wrong with that. There was minimal information to what happened in the first place.
Leif put his thoughts aside, he had a message to send before anything else if he did not want to have to deal with Anna questioning his efficiency and he liked not to be watched too closely.

The comm channel opens and Leif begins to speak.

"Draay, I got no time to wait for you to answer a call so listen up. Anna wants to see results and that fast. You know as well as I do that you will not survive this if she is not pleased with what I tell her your answer was, so don't dissappoint me, for your own good. As soon as you hear this I want to get a status update and it'd better be good news."

Leif leaned back after sending the message, lost in his thoughts. Poor Draay, he was a great warrior, maybe he should have stayed one and not been put in charge of this sensible projects.
And even though Draay was expendable, Tangier, the planet that became a hellhole under Draays eyes, was not.
If Draay turned out to be too incompetent to see the time to burn the entire facility this might become a serious problem not only for the SOA.
He sent orders to two smaller battlegroups from the Corsair front to guard the Omega 47 jumpholes in Omega 5 and 11 against intruders.
Now he could wait what Draay made out of the situation.
In the best case he turns out to be worth his position and everything can keep running smoothly, in the worst case Infectees would spread and the battlegroups would burn the surface wherever necessary. On this planet it would not even be noticable after the bombing.
The highest risk left for now was loosing the Yggdrasil, the jewel of the Hessian military machine, but there was nothing he could, or would for this matter, do unless he wanted to involve himself and this could damage his reputation. It would be better to secure the other systems in the background and follow orders for now.