Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (22nd Sunday January, 20:00 UTC) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (22nd Sunday January, 20:00 UTC) (/showthread.php?tid=146357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Omi - 12-17-2016

That's pretty much what I'm trying to do, Jack.

I'm very confident @Shaggy or @Thyrzul or someone who can actually fix things will show up any minute now and alleviate my concerns. We're all here to have fun, after all. Smile

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - sindroms - 12-17-2016

I tossed the boys into the event chat and let them grumble at one another at their own accord. Feel free to continue on the other discussion here though.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Shaggy - 12-17-2016

Okay with discussion being made. the Repair ships has been removed from the event completely.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Wesker - 12-17-2016

I still fail to see why missiles and instakill loadouts are prohibited at a respawn event.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - sindroms - 12-17-2016

The event is going to have a respawn-enabled time on the specified time (or it will change due to the ALG event). I will, however, activate the bonus tomorrow.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Jack_Henderson - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 12:57 AM)Wesker Wrote: I still fail to see why missiles and instakill loadouts are prohibited at a respawn event.

Because how is lolling around in insta loadouts adding anything to the event? Like lobbing insta missiles into snub brawls while howling on TS from laughter? Any event is better without exactly that, respawning or not does not matter.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Operator - 12-17-2016

A little reminder - it took about 10 Libdreads and 5 LACs to take down the Royal Flush Valor. I hope that you will gather the same amount of capital ships.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Internity - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 12:57 AM)Wesker Wrote: I still fail to see why missiles and instakill loadouts are prohibited at a respawn event.

Do not ask further questions, they'll throw rocks at you like they did to me when I asked the same thing. It's ridiculous.
Missiles and torpedoes are important strategic weapons of this game and they remove those and no it's not the first time I see such rules.
First they removed most of the in game missiles, 2nd they removed the capability of mounting as many missiles as you wanted on a fighter, 3rd they added 1 missile / fighter, 4th they've made the cruise disruptors more sensitive and hit any single torpedo / missile. 5th ?!?! I - coming soon, removal of missiles and torpedoes because 2016 players cannot avoid them and play against those who use them.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (Sunday, 18:00 UTC) - Shaggy - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 01:05 AM)Operator Wrote: A little reminder - it took about 10 Libdreads and 5 LACs to take down the Royal Flush Valor. I hope that you will gather the same amount of capital ships.

That is true, if the event goes well then the numbers should be good from both sides, balanced and fair that is why I also request one or two admins to be present. Not only this I understand the Royal Flush Valor took alot to take it down, but against this is one of several series and if it doesn't die this sunday then it will be there for next unless the admins want it gone.

(12-17-2016, 01:07 AM)Internity Wrote:

Do not ask further questions, they'll throw rocks at you like they did to me when I asked the same thing. It's ridiculous.
Missiles and torpedoes are important strategic weapons of this game and they remove those and no it's not the first time I see such rules.
First they removed most of the in game missiles, 2nd they removed the capability of mounting as many missiles as you wanted on a fighter, 3rd they added 1 missile / fighter, 4th they've made the cruise disruptors more sensitive and hit any single torpedo / missile. 5th ?!?! I - coming soon, removal of missiles and torpedoes because 2016 players cannot avoid them and play against those who use them.

It seems you think that missiles are NOT allowed fullstop. You can have 1 missile per battlecruiser, or gunboat but not 2 or 3. We are trying to minimize the lolling around and making it fun for only one side. Fighters can have 1 fighter OR 1 torpedo but not both. Bombers can have 1 nova and snac or 1 nova and cd just not 2 novas.