Discovery Gaming Community
Idea: Storage Containers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Idea: Storage Containers (/showthread.php?tid=146364)

Idea: Storage Containers - Delithor - 12-17-2016

As, I was saying (fail)

The idea, is basically for miners. It adds RP aspects to it, as well.
But basically, I can't remember which mod this was from, but, you'd be able to buy a storage container (with like 10k, 20k, 30k cargo space, and 15,30,60 minute intervals) to basically sit down, and fill.

As a miner, filling up and dropping loot is alright, however, move around or out of the distance of it, and it can potentially despawn. You're the only one on, and need to transport ore, so you need to switch your ships. you know, the pointless ending's.

Anyways, basically the idea is that. Being able to buy a storage container, ranging in size, and time. taking up cargo space, and letting you deploy as many as you can carry, and they resemble the storage containers you see around stations and what not.

They can be filled by clicking on them and just mining. to take stuff from them, pressing b' obviously default tractor beam, would go to it, and take as much as your cargo can hold.

This adds onto rp, as pirates can easily destroy them, and it's content, along with hold it ransom, and so forth. Though I don't like the idea, of that, I doubt admins would want to ruin RP chances.

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Inferno - 12-17-2016

As I was saying as well.

I would agree to this as long as they don't implode with all my ore inside of it.
Also make sure they don't become shootable by any lolwut when im not looking so I won't lose the items.

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Xenon - 12-17-2016

Amazing idea that needs lots of balance so it don't get abused.
Excellent creativity there, i would love to see such options allowed

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Felipe - 12-17-2016

I liked the idea, as never can find miners to help me, my timetable seems inverse of community. But dont make it easy to destroy, or npc's ruin it.

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Light - 12-17-2016

Deploy a Core 1 POB, put some Crew, Food, Water, and Oxygen on it (as well as Reinforced Alloy for repairs) and you got yourself a storage container.

It has 30k storage outright once deployed, and it doesn't use all that much of each resource, 480 life sustaining commodities per 24 hours (I believe this to be correct.) It uses 8640 Reinforced Alloy to hold up the base for 24 hours, which is pretty easy to transport and is widely available for the most part.

~ Lightsy

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Delithor - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 05:01 AM)Light Wrote: Deploy a Core 1 POB, put some Crew, Food, Water, and Oxygen on it (as well as Reinforced Alloy for repairs) and you got yourself a storage container.

It has 30k storage outright once deployed, and it doesn't use all that much of each resource, 480 life sustaining commodities per 24 hours (I believe this to be correct.) It uses 8640 Reinforced Alloy to hold up the base for 24 hours, which is pretty easy to transport and is widely available for the most part.

~ Lightsy

But deploying a PoB is more risky, requires more time and supplies to actually build it. This is not that, and there are RP rules of placing them in each ZoI's place. I dont wanna build a PoB, for no other point, I just want a temporary storage to make mining a tad bit easier for me, and harder when RP comes into play.

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Light - 12-17-2016

Then just use the base temporarily, and let it run its course, either being destroyed by the government that runs the area or the pirate factions that want something to shoot. They have to give a 8 hour notice before even engaging the base to begin with.

The base in itself is VERY cheap to deploy as well, and the supplies can be easily gathered in bulk by a transport and then having a friend transfer it unto the base construction platform for future storage base deployments.

RE: Idea: Storage Containers - Delithor - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 08:22 AM)Light Wrote: Then just use the base temporarily, and let it run its course, either being destroyed by the government that runs the area or the pirate factions that want something to shoot. They have to give a 8 hour notice before even engaging the base to begin with.

The base in itself is VERY cheap to deploy as well, and the supplies can be easily gathered in bulk by a transport and then having a friend transfer it unto the base construction platform for future storage base deployments.

But this isn't meant for just players who already have a foot into the game. Players who are new, who have no foot in any door, are learning, etc... don't always have the connections players who play actively do. I mean, I have access to a lot because I've played for a few weeks actively, and in a group. Not all players will be willing to join a group, and so forth.

For a new player this could be their best friend. For a player who's been here, it could just be a tool. So, I do get your point, the base would be easy to do, however, it is time consuming, and more of a demand than throwing a storage container out to hold your stuff. Hence why there is a time on it, because it isn't meant to be used by players who want "extra storage" for there PoB