Discovery Gaming Community
01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC (/showthread.php?tid=146636)

Pages: 1 2

01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Sombs - 12-30-2016

[Image: 0dFSLce.png]

// Hello there, people! 2017 is close, and given that we are playing a wonderful game that has aged just as well as a good wine, let's come together to visit some places we love, some places we hate. This event is nothing but a little tour through Sirius. I once saw a video of a community visiting some important places of a multiplayer game to say "good bye" to their server, and I love the idea of the community coming together to just visit the places as one big group. Let's hope we don't have to say goodbye to Discovery any time soon, but let's celebrate the new year together!

Hello Zoners! My name is Adrian Solar, Zoner of Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta.

We Zoners are a big family. We watch each others backs here on the Freeports. We offer shelter for everyone, no matter of language, skin or wealth. We are the peaceful civilians of Sirius. We live away from the laws of the houses, having established our own civilizated worlds out here. We are happy people, and we have everything we need out here.

But let us never forget our roots. Our origins. Some of us are born on Freeports or space ships, but our families started in the house space. We are thankful for what our ancestors have given us, and thus we should honor them. So hear me, Zoners of Sirius! Let us visit our old homes. Let us take a look at the homeworlds were we started. We came here to Sirius. We settled on New London. We settled on New Berlin. We settled on Malta and Crete. We settled on New Tokyo. And we settled in Manhattan. We will visit those worlds. We will fly there, stay some minutes in the orbit, and then head to the next world. Together. Like the family we are.

[Image: D6LL6Mg.png]

This is the route. We will start off in Omicron Theta at Freeport 9, January 1st, 824, 20:00 UTC. Don't be late!

Omicron Theta -> Sigma 17 -> Sigma 19 -> Honshu -> New Tokyo* -> Kyushu -> Tau 23 -> Tau 31 -> Leeds -> New London* -> Cambridge -> Omega-3 -> Omega-7 -> Stuttgart -> New Berlin* -> Frankfurt -> Munich -> Sigma 15 -> Omicron Rho -> Omicron Delta* -> Omicron Kappa -> Omicron Gamma* -> Omicron Xi -> Omicron Beta -> Omicron Alpha* -> Omicron Tau -> Tau 37 -> Tau 23 -> Tau 29 -> Baffin -> Coronado -> Cortez -> California -> New York* -> Pennsylvania (Erie)*

* = We rest a few minutes here at the capitals. In Omicron Delta, we rest at Freeport 11.

This flight will probably take more than an hour or two, but everyone is welcome to join us, if not for the entire flight, then at least for a while. Please tell us here if you are joining us, so we know how many people we have to expect. We will fly as a group.

Please behave when we enter other systems. Don't shoot around, and don't do anything to provoke anyone. We wish to do this in peace and harmony. I will contact the Core and request a temporary permission to enter Omicron Rho to reach Omicron Delta. We don't want any troubles.

I hope for people to join this flight.

Adrian Solar,
Freeport 9, Omicron Theta

// If you want to tag along, all you need is to make a new character with a normal character name and use the Omicron Theta Zoner restart (/restart fczonerbw). You can partake in a civilian shuttle, or bring any other Zoner or civilian ship. Just don't bring anything that will cause trouble. Remember: Foreign capital ships are forbidden in house space. Please take snubs or gunboats.

This event is entirely no-pew. While I can't protect this event using a faction rule, I ask everyone to not provoke each other and to not sabotage the flight. If we don't get the permission of the Core to pass Omicron Rho for just this event, I'll alter the route, so we reach Freeport 11 anyway. It'd take just a few more minutes.

There is no price or gift for partaking in this. It's really just a flight together with people of the community. Enjoy it, or do something else. However, this flight will be recorded, so we have something to remember in case of many people joining this. Everyone is welcome - just take a Zoner or a Freelancer that is good with every system we pass. (sun)

TL;DR-Version

Zoner Pilgrimage Tour

Start in Omicron Theta, Freeport 9, 01.01.2017 - 20 UTC

Take a Zoner (/restart fcZonerBw) or anyone else who is good at terms with the houses and OC and Corsairs

Only Snubs and Gunboats, civilian or Zoner or any other free-to-use ship

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Operator - 12-30-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
[Image: fa5f31a94a.png]
NEURAL NET ID: Doctor Warren Marek
RECEIVER NEURAL NET ID: Adrian Solar
ENCRYPTION: AE4901
TOPIC: The Route of Memory

Hm...

Perhaps I shoud take a break and join you... I hope that Bretonia experiences some better days. Will be glad to ensure that.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Sombs - 12-30-2016

// The Core gave us thumbs up for the Omicron Rho passage. Bring your Bombers and Nephilims and tear Durban apart! So just head directly to Delta when we enter Omicron Rho. No hassle, or nobody get nougat.

Thanks to Implosion, though (sun)

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Arioch - 12-31-2016

[Image: k3fJ9zI.png]

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Sombs - 12-31-2016

(sun)

Bump. Smile

Those who don't want to join in the pilgrimage itself maybe can watch when we enter their systems and show what their factions can log at their home planets. Would be cool to see some Turtles at New Berlin and some Kusari Warships at New Tokyo! Smile

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Cælumaresh - 12-31-2016

Ill have to watch the video as i got to work

(fml)

Everyone who does join, have fun

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Sombs - 01-01-2017

Boop! Bump!

20.00 UTC, Omicron Theta, Freeport 9

Bring nothing bigger than gunboats and make sure your ship is good with Liberty, Kusari, Bretonia, Rheinland, Corsairs and Out-karst - the easiest way to partake it making a new ship with the /restart fcZonerBW command.

No registration needed. Just come and fly with us! (sun)

RE: 01.01.2017 - Discovery's New Year Flight! - 20:00 UTC - Sombs - 01-01-2017

Bump!