Discovery Gaming Community
Boredom breeds useless stuff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Boredom breeds useless stuff (/showthread.php?tid=147328)

Pages: 1 2

Boredom breeds useless stuff - Treewyrm - 01-24-2017

Clicky for animation.

[Image: _e57f1f889bd425969621351ba8242d03-jpg.jpg]

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Kauket - 01-24-2017

sorry but who gets bored and spends endless hours of free time to make interesting pieces of art to make everyone jealous?

i don't buy it

ps, can starspheres be animated? :{

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Wesker - 01-24-2017

hey actually if you could make something for me @Treewyrm id be thankful. its for an event but the person I asked seems to be busy, if you dont mind

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - diamond1 - 01-24-2017

If i saw this, it'd be more effective than sugarless gummy bears. Giant objects appearing in a short viewrange? no thanks!

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Thyrzul - 01-24-2017

Are you really bored?

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Durandal - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 02:16 AM)Auzari Wrote: sorry but who gets bored and spends endless hours of free time to make interesting pieces of art to make everyone jealous?

i don't buy it

ps, can starspheres be animated? :{

Me? And yes.

Also I highly doubt those mines took hours, that's some very simple work. Good looking quick to make things like that are something the art team ought to be putting more effort into, so thanks for the reminder Yuri.

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Sombs - 01-24-2017

Looks nice!

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Foxglove - 01-24-2017

I wouldn't say these are useless. I'm pretty sure they could be used as Nomad mines, like those who surrounded Dur-Shurrikun prior to Omicron Iota's renewal. Then again, the polyhedral shape doesn't really fit Nomad architecture to begin with, given that humans are more likely to use sharp angles while Nomads are more for round curves and arcs.

Point and case, they could be used as a minefield. Gib for Rheinland equivalent of Alaska, please.

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Divine - 01-24-2017

Yuri's still the best.

//Edit:
(01-24-2017, 02:16 AM)Auzari Wrote: ...
ps, can starspheres be animated?
I do believe I remember Yuri having shown a starsphere for a black hole replacement some years ago with a moving one which was is some wicked way part of the background. Should actually still be somewhere on my HDD, or at least the link to the video. Will see what I can find when this day is over.

RE: Boredom breeds useless stuff - Xalrok - 01-24-2017

Omicron Major has an animated starsphere. If you look closely you can see clouds moving across the surface.

(01-24-2017, 08:43 AM)Foxglove Wrote: Then again, the polyhedral shape doesn't really fit Nomad architecture to begin with, given that humans are more likely to use sharp angles while Nomads are more for round curves and arcs.

Most of the Vanilla Nomad solars are pretty blocky and angular, like the Nomad City in Newcastle. More Nomad solars would be nice, the stuff we have right now tends to be good for big bases but not so much outposts and satellites.