Discovery Gaming Community
[Discussion] Freighters - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Freighters (/showthread.php?tid=147501)

[Discussion] Freighters - Sinh - 01-29-2017

Please ignore the the poll, it was nullified by statement made by @sindroms. Thank you.

Freighters

We all know that freighters are underused class at the moment, which barely have any use. Ships like Correo or Bactrian are actually described as actual pirate raiders which should be able to cope with transports - what is a case rarely seen in here.

But, flying freighters isn't really rewarding in terms of smuggling or hauling stolen goods - except for the roleplay. True, their speed is higher by 50 m/s than transports, but then no one flies these small and fast blockade runners in and out of the house spaces because all of it rolls down to the money. There are people who would say "nah, I'll take my 5ker and get that Cardamine to Liberty". Yes, of course it is more profitable by logic, but what's the purpose of freighters then?

Admin and Dev input is more than encouraged.

RE: [Poll + Input] FLHook bonus for freighters? - sindroms - 01-29-2017

There are a list of limitations for the flhook plugin that is responsible for adding a bonus. Without diving too deep into it, I cannot assign bonuses to ship types - only ID types and start-end bases. And if even one unit of the cargo is missing by the time you reach the end - no bonus for you. This eliminates the usage of perishable goods, for example.

The only way I can see this work is if I make an event that involves the smuggler satellites or jumpholes leading to event systems. Jumpholes, on the other hand, can be spawned with limitations on ship rep, mass, type and other.

RE: [Poll + Input] FLHook bonus for freighters? - Sinh - 01-29-2017

Ah, then the Poll is null and void then. I'll rewrite the alternative proposal.

Edit: for the time being, let's turn this thread into Freighter discussion.

RE: [Discussion] Freighters - casualty - 01-30-2017

Freighters need more bases only dockable with cargo <800 , but much higher buy prices on the ordinary commodities.

RE: [Discussion] Freighters - Sinh - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 08:56 AM)casualty Wrote: Freighters need more bases only dockable with cargo <800 , but much higher buy prices on the ordinary commodities.

Edit:
We could introduce snub/freighter-only bases in areas only accessed by freighters - such as very dense asteroid field, some kind of a tunnel inside planetary remains or in a very dense minefield dealing damage so massive only the smallest vessel would try to get into there. This, alongside with VERY profitable items, to avoid abuse of such routes by 5kers.

RE: [Discussion] Freighters - Baphomet - 02-05-2017

Freighter are useful as they are. Trust me on this when i say that there are freighter pilots out there that are gonna kill snubs, bombers, transports and even some average GB pilots, there very useful at pirating.
The only thing that maybe needs change is there cargo capacity, say 50 units up for each one
They have strong power cores, and more guns than snubs or bombers.
Also freighter shields are good too.
One just has to train a lot with them to be good, witch im not btw Wink