Discovery Gaming Community
Reawakened Sabers and Swords.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Reawakened Sabers and Swords.... (/showthread.php?tid=147783)

Reawakened Sabers and Swords.... - SMI-Great.Fox - 02-07-2017

"A full year...."

"A full year of silence...."

"Will it be enough to his wishes?..."

A thousand possibilities ran through his mind as Frobeige walked through the silent halls within the bellows of The Grande Guillotine, each step sounding like anvil strikes upon the cold steel as he reached his destination. Deck Nine, sub-section Twelve. "Cimetière du Père-Lachaise". His breath stilled as he looked over at the control panel that kept the tomb locked, and pressed a single button. WIth a long shunt, the depression of air escaped from the chamber, allowing Jean to start his walk once more, the elaborate room filled with piping all leading to a central chamber, its form shrouded and mostly hidden in ice as several men in sophisticated suits began their work, inserting chemicals and vials into several of the tubes that fed into the chamber. "How is our lord's thawing proceeding?, he spoke to the nearest scientist, looking over his shoulder to him.. "A few moment's and he'll be free. We've been able to adapt the Oracles technologies into his systems with ease and instead of a day to unthaw, we can now do i.." He never finished his stated as a loud *CRACK* sounded from the chamber, it's casing showing a large crevice as the room laid still, finally joined as large slabs of iced coolant shattered to the floor, followed by its occupant dropping to the floor.

Within moments a pair of scientists came up quickly and draped several thermal robes over the figure before one was shoved away, followed with a loud burrowing roar as his lungs were freed from their restrictions. A chill jolted down Jean's spine as he began to step forward, taking down to one knee as he lowered his head in utmost respect. "Welcome back moi lord Felanis.. It has been a full year as requested." A single hand stretched out and grabbed upon the ledge of a nearby table as the pair from before came back over to assist in rising to his feet. "Report...."

Jean watched as the pair began to help clean Vulpe from top to bottom, pulling bits of frozen coolant from his body as another began to take simple tests, checking his eyes and such."Moi lord.. We have nearly completed gathering the supplies needed for completing our vessels. The La Triomphante has been given priority to its reconstruction and hull restoration has begun. It's internal systems have been fully rebuilt to the best of our abilities. The Grande Guillotine will be completed in two weeks at current pace but.." Vulpe's head slowly rose to look upon Jean as he spoke, a grumble of displeasure rumbling in his throat.. "I gave you a simple... order... Frobeige... And you fail me again?"

"Non. There has been another change in leadership within Malta we did not anticipate, Inquisitor Espinosa and the Crimson Cross no longer take the role. They're now being led by the ones of the National Council of Malta, while dealing with the radicals of the Legión Maltesa and..." He took a moment of pause as Felanis narrowed his eyes, Jean knowing he was being looked down upon. "And?..." The breath from Frobeige grew still as he raised his head, looking back to his lord. "Casta has been declared hostile to Malta and rumors are that she is trying to give course with Crete. But we cannot confirm the latter in full."

Felanis slowly began to look upwards, closing his eyes as a devilish laugh began to escape his lips, going on for several moments before giving a few weak claps. Finishing his bout of laughter, both of the scientists had completed their tasks, and instead began to assist in dressing him in he preferred garb. "Well done Frobiege... Well done... Now leave me, we have much to do and little time.." With a sharp bow of his head, Jean came to his feet and began to turn. Just as he exited the door, from behind Felanis spoke. "Frobeige. Arrange a meeting with the National Council, I wish to speak with them over these events in the past year. With a turn on his heel,Jean turned to face his lord, giving one more bow in answer."Oui. Mon lord."

RE: Reawakened Sabers and Swords.... - SMI-Great.Fox - 03-29-2017

---- Omicron Tau
---- Planet Remo Orbit
---- 15:38 Hours Sirian Time
---- Aboard the Grande Guillotine
-----------------------------------------------

"Lord Felanis. We have reached the given coordinates."

The bridge of the Grande Guillotine was full of electricity in the air as many had awaited for this day, ranging from the lower officers all the way to Lord Felanis himself. The accumulation of years of work and wait, coming down to these few moments as the vessel came to a slow head before finally stopping..

Before the might Valor laid the sole moon of Planet Remo, La Spezia. It's barren surface was a perfect place to begin what they had come for in the first place. Weapons Testing.

"Attention all hands. This is Frobeige. We have arrived and shall proceed with our Lord's will. Engineering. Bring the core up to full tilt until further notice. Targeting control. Begin firing sequences and selective targets for all weapon systems.

[Image: X2oyjTV.gif]

The silence was broken with the sounds of unused consoles starting up once more after so long, as if a sleeping giant had awoken from it's slumber. Each man at their stations chattering about with commands and orders until multiple sections turned and gave Frobeige a nod. He in turn, looked back and faced Lord Felanis. "Moi Lord. We're ready to begin at your command."

"Proceed. Fire at will."

The words sounded like a hammer striking an anvil as the the vessel shook from firing it's massive guns, each shot raining down upon the rocky surface with an explosive result as blue streaks rained down from the massive hull. Within several minutes, the sound of targeting computers completing their objectives rang out and abound, all confirming direct hits until Felanis stood from his seat. "Prepare the Warwolf...." The sentence made several officers turn in stone silence while others looked upon each other, unsure of how to respond until Frobeige spoke up. "Moi Lord. I'm not sure it is wise to fire the cannon yet, we're not sure if the rebuilt can withstand the power output yet and we may risk dam...." A sheer angered look came from Vulpe's eyes as he glared narrowly upon his confidant, taking several steps more towards the central console containing the Warwolf's firing controls. The two men at the station kept silent as the grave as Felanis neared them, pointing between them with a single finger. "Fire... The Warwolf..."

[Image: R1NxoMC.jpg]

Both men nodded and turned as a shallow vibration rumbled throughout the ship as power was shunted towards the front of the ship, a plasmatic hue erupted from the nose of the ship, growing larger until a bright beam streaked across space, arcing forward until it hit the very surface of La Spezia in a cloud of rock and dust. WIthin moments of its confirmed hit, several alarms began to sound off. "Lord Felanis. Reporting damage to the acceleration rails within the cannon. They were not strong enough to withstand the pressure and heat after the shot. We're unable to fire again." Felanis lowered his head in dissapointment as he turned and slowly began to walk, feeling a mix of failure and success until he stood on the side of his chair, and pressed a single button controlling the comms. "Attention... This is Lord Felanis.. All crew are free to feast tonight. Eat and Drink your fill.. Weapons testing is a Success." The sound of cheers echoed throughout the bridge as Felanis ended his speech as Frobiege looked onward, knowing that such was partially true.

"Lord Fleanis I'm not sur.."
"I am retiring for the evening. And I will not be disturbed...'
"But Moi Lord we..."
"You have your orders... You are in command Frobeige..."

Frobeige kept quiet and bowed as Felanis slowly walked off the bridge, turning back to the crew and began to get to work. "Inform all engineering crews to begin repairs to the main cannon.." After he spoke another crewman turned in his chair to face him. "Sir. We have a pair of incomming messages..One from Nacion Council HQ and the other from the Oracles. Which would you wish to deal with first?

"Patch me through to the Nacion Council. I'm sure it's Madamouiselle Mercante wishing to give praise on the results of testing.."