Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (Concluded) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (Concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=147827)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - realekki - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 11:44 PM)Foxglove Wrote: ...
This could be amended by rewarding players proportionally to the amount of trading they actually did do. Let's say that someone trades 50.000 of the unlawful salvage units. Yes, he does make money from the bonus, but trading ore is still more profitable than this and, currently, has way less pirates. This actually feeds in to what I said before: There is no point to hope you could win when the one leading has thrice your score. The extra effort you put into paying pirates and getting shot by Xenos is lost and I would guarantee you that people would be more interested, besides maybe five people who currently are, if they did not already know from the get go that they simply cannot or won't put in the hours and hours on end to lead and get the goodies. Give people one scientific data for each 300 units they traded or so, because this would also animate those with less time to go the extra mile and deal with the extra hurdles of this event, since they would know that they can actually gain something from this. Granted, this would be an insufferable amount of fiddle work, but I would be willing to compile such things for you, if you want.

+1

and at the end its a boring competition between 2 players, like me and sombra - because everyone who did the legal run stoped after sunday or monday,

just my 2c
ekki

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - sindroms - 02-17-2017

I will look into this as one of the possibilities for future events.
As for this one, it is a bit too late to change the rules and I am not inclined to do so.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Kauket - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 12:07 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Like cheap Xenos camping jump holes

What are lawfuls? What are Freelancers? (Just saying. Giving lawfuls something to do is nice too. Which one guy did, and bless his little cotton socks for trying. )

Another tip. Get armor. Get guns. Serenities are painful to fight. Stop blaming other people when the fault is yourself for not preparing.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-17-2017

Stop abusing the player list! This isn't searching for interactions. That is simply searching to cause harm. It's stupid and you should know that.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Vendetta - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 12:46 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Stop abusing the player list! This isn't searching for interactions. That is simply searching to cause harm. It's stupid and you should know that.

Sitting in Ontario, shooting anyone who passes through - that's not using the playerlist.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-17-2017

Magically appearing at the Cassini JH in Alberta when two Whales are coming in, is

especially when usually sitting in Ontario

Seriously, Ven, stop trying to cover her. Yeah, you fought her as well, but this entire thing smells just like foul play

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Vendetta - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 01:00 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Magically appearing at the Cassini JH in Alberta when two Whales are coming in, is

Unlawfuls aren't nice people. Don't expect a powdered treatment from a criminal when you're a juicy whale. Unlawfuls will shoot you. That's their jobs. That's the challenge of trading.

Without that challenge, then traders go unopposed, which is incredibly boring. I actually paid an LH 50 mil to shoot the Xeno to save myself.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Kauket - 02-17-2017

If no one plays bad guy, then I will. I'm not unstoppable either. I'm in a VHF, it's /insanely/ tedious to fight transports that are properly set up. If you die, your loss.

This shouldn't be a race for "WHOEVER GETS EL NEMP BOMB FOR MEEMSXDDDDDD" event.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Emperor Tekagi - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 01:02 AM)Vendetta Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:00 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Magically appearing at the Cassini JH in Alberta when two Whales are coming in, is

Unlawfuls aren't nice people. Don't expect a powdered treatment from a criminal when you're a juicy whale. Unlawfuls will shoot you. That's their jobs. That's the challenge of trading.

Without that challenge, then traders go unopposed, which is incredibly boring. I actually paid an LH 50 mil to shoot the Xeno to save myself.

(sun) thanks for the money again.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - sindroms - 02-17-2017

Enough of your nonsense.
If you start a mess in this thread, I will remove all of your contributions to this event.

Go settle it on skype, teamspeak or submit a report if you think the rules are being broken. It is 2am and I am not going to stay up to moderate your slapfight.

EDIT: Actually, I know better than to give you warnings you will ignore anyway. Thread closed, further updates, if any, will be posted in the opening post.