Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (Concluded) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (Concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=147827)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-15-2017

The new prices are really nice. Already calculated I would have made additional 820.000.000 Credits if those prices had been there earlier. ._.

Thanks anyway. (sun)

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Syf - 02-15-2017

Gimme. Sad
Also I really should not try and do that while half-asleep. It becomes even better when you start to randomly headbang to any music you find.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-16-2017

[21:41:51] Vendooter: I asked spazzy
[21:41:57] Vendooter: he'll combine the scores when the event
[21:41:57] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: Dafuq?
[21:42:10] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: So everyone can rename and simply continue?
[21:42:26] Vendooter: yes because it was a rename not a different ship
[21:42:49] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: That's dumb. That takes away the idea actually not risking too much while smuggling.

Is that true? So I could get rid of my transport cloak and go for the full 5k and just rename myself to trick people looking at the score board and avoid RP consequences when getting caught?

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - sindroms - 02-16-2017

He asked me specifically about his ship, for one time. I agreed, because it was the same character.
If this is what he is spreading, I might as well not.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Vendetta - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 09:56 PM)sindroms Wrote: He asked me specifically about his ship, for one time. I agreed, because it was the same character.
If this is what he is spreading, I might as well not.

I'll quote the conversation.

[3:42:26 PM] \/endetta: yes because it was a rename not a different ship
[3:42:49 PM] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: That's dumb. That takes away the idea actually not risking too much while smuggling.
[3:43:02 PM] \/endetta: considering the rename happened after my second run
[3:43:26 PM] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: I mean I could have used a full 5k Whale then and when I got captured, simply rename it to avoid FR5s or fines.
[3:43:44 PM] \/endetta: yes but I renamed because Forlorn.Hope has been the name for a very long time
[3:43:50 PM] \/endetta: and I wanted it to be something fresh
[3:44:32 PM] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: Still though.
[3:44:41 PM] \/endetta: hence why
[3:44:46 PM] \/endetta: i'm only 8,520 ahead
[3:44:50 PM] \/endetta: soon to be another 4,225
[3:55:17 PM] \/endetta: Rail.Yard.Ghost 164810 + 8520
The.Catport 164586
[3:55:24 PM] \/endetta: there is no surpassing the dooter
[3:55:56 PM] Foxglove's Overprotective Girlfried: That's b**** though with the renaming
[3:56:17 PM] \/endetta: no it isn't lol
[3:56:21 PM] \/endetta: it's not abusing the mechanic
[3:56:30 PM] \/endetta: or i'd of renamed when the siege cruiser and LPI almost caught me

Before you think that I used it to get past being caught. There's a reason there's a time limit on renaming. I'm not using that to get past anyone or anything. I just don't want the first two runs I've done to be discredited because I renamed my ship.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - sindroms - 02-16-2017

Since it was the same ship I am summing up, I have no issues with it. And the only reason why I agreed was because you politely asked and did not participate in many runs before you did.

Anyway, if people are worried that not being aware of two more runs a player made will make them lose, perhaps they should actually do the runs instead of bookmarking the scoreboard and logging only when someone is close to reaching their own set score.

Also, you have until saturday morning. I highly advise you do not wait until the restart to get your last runs in, because I will be making the score backup a few minutes before the restart happens.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Vendetta - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 10:20 PM)sindroms Wrote: Since it was the same ship I am summing up, I have no issues with it. And the only reason why I agreed was because you politely asked and did not participate in many runs before you did.

Anyway, if people are worried that not being aware of two more runs a player made will make them lose, perhaps they should actually do the runs instead of bookmarking the scoreboard and logging only when someone is close to reaching their own set score.

I've been trading non-stop, sometimes overnight. We've got a running joke between us about competing for the price, hence the score being listed.

but i will win

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Foxglove - 02-16-2017

If people want to hear it, I personally see an issue with the way these events are set up that is actively detrimental to people's enjoyment and that could be done better in order to make everyone happy.

With my current time out from the game itself and the normal things that happen while being in exam phase, I noticed that there is a rivalry between parties for first place. That is fine. It is intended to be this way. However, what this event boiled down to was literally Vendetta and Sombra staying up unreasonable amounts of hours in order to obtain the price that was promised to those willing to sink in the better part of their week. I personally think that this is neither fun nor actually enjoyable for any of the involved parties. It is not for those who are currently at the top of the leaderboard, because they need to maintain the time they sink into their score, and also not for any other involved players, because they have no means of catching up to them, since not everybody can sink in the amount of time those at the top do.

This could be amended by rewarding players proportionally to the amount of trading they actually did do. Let's say that someone trades 50.000 of the unlawful salvage units. Yes, he does make money from the bonus, but trading ore is still more profitable than this and, currently, has way less pirates. This actually feeds in to what I said before: There is no point to hope you could win when the one leading has thrice your score. The extra effort you put into paying pirates and getting shot by Xenos is lost and I would guarantee you that people would be more interested, besides maybe five people who currently are, if they did not already know from the get go that they simply cannot or won't put in the hours and hours on end to lead and get the goodies. Give people one scientific data for each 300 units they traded or so, because this would also animate those with less time to go the extra mile and deal with the extra hurdles of this event, since they would know that they can actually gain something from this. Granted, this would be an insufferable amount of fiddle work, but I would be willing to compile such things for you, if you want.

Furthermore, the same argument can also be applied to the spontaneous events that you do. It is more than cool that the NPCs drop the commodities, but since they are intentionally overpowered and can kill snubs with only a few lucky hits or lag, it becomes infuriatingly difficult staying alive to gather scientific data to the point where I called Sombra each time with a freighter to hold things that I loot while dying and dying over and over again to the NPC fire - all because we do not want to lose the progress we make. This could be avoided by giving each participating player a set amount of scientific data after the event has been completed.

All this boils down to is this: For these trade events, reward players proportional to their work done in the event. For spontaneous PvE events, give everyone who participated a stack of maybe 50 scientific data after the event is done. This would engage people who only have a limited amount of time for the former kind of events, and in the latter case, it would remove the frustration factor of being killed by a combination of lag and overpowered bullet sponge NPCs that, at least for me, make these PvE events hardly enjoyable, since whether you lose or not does not depend on what you do, but on how good the connection is currently.

Just a few thoughts, Spazzy. I actually adore the amount of effort you put into these sorts of things, and I merely want to give a bit of feedback regarding what I believe might be done better. Hope you don't mind. (sun)

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-16-2017

It also wouldn't end up with a certain elbow mentality.

RE: Red Deer Station: Salvage Operation 1 (PRICE UPDATE) - Sombs - 02-17-2017

Like cheap Xenos camping jump holes