Discovery Gaming Community
Ship demo server? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ship demo server? (/showthread.php?tid=147922)

Ship demo server? - AngelWilly - 02-13-2017

Good day captains,

Is there some way how could i try the ships from Disco other than buying them in SP?
I would like to just give commands and try the ship before i will buy on Disco 24/7 server.

For example i loved Old Civilian Career design. The new one looks average for me but i would like to give it a try and fly it to see if its worth it of my credits. ( I would love the option to keep old "look" of career for me but the rest of server would see a new one Big Grin )
Could you please help me if there is some kind of test server or if i can do it myself then how to proceed to create own test server?

Thanks

RE: Ship demo server? - thisDerius - 02-13-2017

As far as I know, there is no possible way of getting the old model into the game.

I mean. You could ask someone that has the old files to give them to you, but you would have to copy the discovery to another drive that you would use for stuff which would not be allowed on the server i.e. people who make new engines and other stuff do it so they can log freely on the server with their original discovery installation. If you get what I am trying to say.

RE: Ship demo server? - diamond1 - 02-13-2017

The closest to what you can do would be using the special commands given in singleplayer and then searching for each ship buy location. if you go into singleplayer and do .help it should bring up some commands to use.

RE: Ship demo server? - thisDerius - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 12:46 PM)diamond1 Wrote: The closest to what you can do would be using the special commands given in singleplayer and then searching for each ship buy location. if you go into singleplayer and do .help it should bring up some commands to use.

Its not about the commands actually. What he wants is the old bustard which does not exist in the game anymore.

RE: Ship demo server? - AngelWilly - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 12:50 PM)thisDerius Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 12:46 PM)diamond1 Wrote: The closest to what you can do would be using the special commands given in singleplayer and then searching for each ship buy location. if you go into singleplayer and do .help it should bring up some commands to use.

Its not about the commands actually. What he wants is the old bustard which does not exist in the game anymore.

Actually both of you are right. The old Bustard model was just an example. I started on server again and i would like to have option to try the all ships somewhere. The only option i know now is to earn bazilions of credits in SP / MP and buy them one by one to see if they are COOL Smile

RE: Ship demo server? - Aurora- - 02-13-2017

- Start New Game in SP
- "cash 9999999999"
- "rep = +1"
- "show"
- find ship you want to try
- "base Base_Name"

RE: Ship demo server? - ronillon - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 01:22 PM)AngelWilly Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 12:50 PM)thisDerius Wrote:

Actually both of you are right. The old Bustard model was just an example. I started on server again and i would like to have option to try the all ships somewhere. The only option i know now is to earn bazilions of credits in SP / MP and buy them one by one to see if they are COOL Smile

As @diamond1 said, you can use commands in single player to test things out, get money, port between bases, change reputations... http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=95421&pid=1308910#pid1308910

New Game -> .cash 999999999 -> .base Basename -> .rep factionname 1 -> Buy ship/whatever

Seems @Aurora- beet me. So I will just add, that when you run Discovery Launcher, it deletes SP saves from the Documents folder. I *.zip them to keep them safe.

RE: Ship demo server? - AngelWilly - 02-13-2017

Thank you for your replies captains.
I am going to do a little ship marathon.

God speed!

RE: Ship demo server? - Luke_Dilsinki - 02-14-2017

Host your own Disco server on LAN then .beam to each base where you want to buy the ship. As for the old models, i have no clue, sorry.